In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Surge in bowhunting interest

old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
edited January 2003 in General Discussion
What is causing all this sudden interest in bowhunting?I thought you guys liked firearms.Especially Pabooger.He seems to be spending all his time on the bowhunting and archery forum.What is going on?

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I here some of you have been hand loading... cartridges that is.
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    I have no interest in this sport

archery.gif

a-fireworks2.gif
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    Grumpy Old Man
    Don't Feed the Trolls
    Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of All Those that Threaten it
  • mkirklandmkirkland Member Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got started in the Bow thing. I think it is great. I haven't hunted yet, but the challenge of shooting a buck at <30 yds will probably be a very exhiliriating experience. Can't wait to be out there hunting.[8D]
  • sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    old single shots:
    I think the bow and arrow bring back the basic primitive insticts that poofbooger,,um ,,,er pabooger,,,,has carried down from generation to generation in his genes,,,,[;)],,,s[B)]d

"Hous my speling ant gramer?"
  • 4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    sodbuster,excuse me but I believe you meant jeans.[:D]

"It was like that when I got here,I think"
  • LABWILDLABWILD Member Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ky. is actually starting archery programs in the schools. 2002 was the first year and it was very popular.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Bowhunting??? Naw Im to fat and old to be climbing trees!!!

kilroy.gif
    PaBooger was here!
    pa.gif
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    I see that the other thread is still up and running over there but it looks like some poofing has been going on over here.[:D]

anim0447.gif
    Ageless cosmic rocker!
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i still dont get what tacos have
    to do with bowhunting.lol
    [?] barto

the hard stuff we do right away - the impossible takes a little longer
  • 6MMX2846MMX284 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is an awesome sport to say the least! If you have never tried it you should jump at the chance. I too have many firearms, pistols, blackpowder its all good...but I also have such a love for bowhunting. I like the ability to shoot my rifles at 100-300 yds and take out a deer, but if you want to test your skill as a hunter try drawing back on a buck at about 25 yds with several other deer or even worse, turkeys, within a few yards!!! Its intense and the other great thing not a sound is made. With todays technology anyone can pick up a bow and be on the money within a few practice sessions, I would suggest you start with a Hoyt Bow but that is just me....and then see what skill you have...but you will be so fullfilled when you drop that first deer, buck or doe...try it and let me know what happens....good luck

In God We Trust...All Others Cash!
  • salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I prefer bowhunting to rifle season for the simple fact I tend to see a lot more deer activity during bow season. The season is generally longer than rifle season, and I enjoy watching the woods change-the woods change a lot from beginning of October to mid november. Also, I think rut activity is much greater in bow season than in rifle season.
    This year, for the first time I saw two deer going at it for about a half hour, getting within twenty yards of me. Unfortunately I did not have a clear shot. I also had two nice bucks come within twenty yards of me, with their nose to the ground. I was very visually and aurally noisy while drawing, and the deer were completely oblivious to what was going on-all of this happend while I was on the ground! If you want to see the deer in full rut mode, archery season is the way to go.

"Sometimes the people have to give up some individual rights for the safety of society."
    -Bill Clinton(MTV interview)
  • SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    Sorry I just have to say this ... this topic seems to have the rut season in full bloom as we speak

"Respect your Tools"
    "Freedom is not Free"
  • .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Salzo and 6MMX284 -

Old Single Shots is just havin' some fun with this. I think that if you go to the Bowhunting forum and look at the thread "Never shot a bow!", all will become clear.
  • cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    jeeeesss looks like beaver hunting forum to me lol