In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rochester, NY gun show

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Is the weekend of September, 27 and 28, this is a nice show is anybody going?

pacamo

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
This was the Ancient law of Youth
Old times are past, old times are done:
But the Law runs true, O little son!

Comments

• woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    September 28 & 29 at the Monroe county fairgrounds Dome Arena.

Maybe some of you guys in the area would like to meet for lunch.

Woods
    edited November -1
    Just a reminder to those of you near RochesterThe Empire State Arms Collectors show, will be held at the Dome Arena, This coming saturday and sunday (5th & 6th)9:00-4:00 saturday 9:00-3:00 sundaythis is the small winter show only 300 tables. admission is $6.00 per head parking free. No cameras or children under 10If anyone here is interested in attending and needs directions I'll be glad to assist.I'll be there both days look for the big guy with the shaved head, black leather coat and fedora. I'm hard to miss. LOLWOODS
    edited November -1
    March 29/30 at the Monroe county fairgrounds. 9:00am-5:00pm saturday and 9:00am-3:00pm sunday.

Woods
    edited November -1
    The Rochester, NY gun show put on by the Empire State Arms Collectors Association, will be held January 5&6. At the Monroe county fairgrounds, Dome arena. Admission will be $6.00 per person. Hours will be saturday 9:00am-4:00 pm sunday 9:00am-3:00pmAnyone needing more info let me know.WOODS
    edited November -1
    Just bringing this back to the top
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Wood -Was there from 9 a.m. till early afternoon. Didn't happen to see you though I looked.My son had a Weatherby State Edition for sale. Perhaps you might have seen him. I carried a Pennsylvania rifle that I'd brought to show a friend.As far as the show - Everyone was polite. The folks at the entry gate were more than nice. There was a bit of junk there, but quality was good overall.Some remarked that this wasn't a monied show and that high dollar items weren't moving. I would beg to differ. The Weatherby sold for full asking price. While I can't divulge what that was, I will say that it involved the exchange of more than a few thousand dollars.Perhaps we'll meet at a future show. I'll be the Kraut with a long rifle. Usually someone I know will ask me to bring one of these to show to a fellow collector. As a rule they're never for sale... Only for show.
    edited November -1
    nord, I'll watch for you in march. This show has always been nicknamed "the junk show". Usually the dealers don't bring out their high dollar items because it is so close to christmas. It's usually more of a social event for me. I enjoyed myself yesterday, but would rather see more variety. You can only look at so many AR15 AK varients till you get bored. Also because of the smaller space the small local dealers (who are members) get first shot at the tables. March and September have twice the space, so you get some of the larger dealers coming from farther away. I'm on my way back now, I worked a deal with one of the reloading vendors to trade some of my unused steel die sets for carbide ones. Also I did manage to scope out a Western (Ithaca) .410 double. Gonna go have a chat with it's owner.WOODS
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Woods -I saw that little Ithaca. It interested me enough to take a second look, but it's still a little clunky compared to an Elcee FW.One of these days I'd like to get your e-mail address if it wouldn't be a problem.Drop a line to nordata@exotrope.netThanks!