In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

With heavy heart ~ Steve and Karen

win37win37 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
edited August 2001 in General Discussion
Good Morning Group,Many of you who have been on this board since the first of the year will remember the insite into the Cin. riots and the informative posts by sck. In the spring I posted a request for prayer under the heading Steve and Karen.It is with heavy heart that I include the following portion of an email received yesterday.Karen passed away last night about 2:30 pm. Funeral services will be held in Cincinnati on Tuesday, September 4th, at the Staley-Crowe Funeral Home, 7140 Plainfield Rd, Deer Park, with calling hours from 6pm to 8pm with a service to follow. Arrangements for Batavia, New York, are still pending, but will be at H.E. Turner Funeral Home, probably Friday evening and Saturday. Karen is at peace with her maker now, no more pain or suffering.Please remember Steve and the family that they find solace in that fact and peace within their own hearts and lives.Thank you all, Frank

Comments

• Options
    gad38gad38 Member Posts: 179
    edited November -1
    May God be with them
  • Options
    5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, I remember sck and the sudden illness that came upon his Bride, Life.....full of questions, few answers.It's times like this we tend to draw closer to those we love and express our feelings for them easier.Hug them all for me and we will pray for them.
    If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website
  • Options
    .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sincere condolences from .280 freak and family. Sad news.
  • Options
    M.OpaliskiM.Opaliski Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My condolences as well ...
    Support your RKBA ... MatthewNRA Life MemberTalk Radio Junkie opaliski@hotmail.com TheFirearmsEnthusiast
  • Options
    4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My condolences and prayers as well.
  • Options
    alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    My sympathy to Steve and the family!
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my prayers and thoughts tonight.God bless.
  • Options
    gunnutgunnut Member Posts: 724 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My condolences and prayers as well. God Bless
  • Options
    biganimalbiganimal Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    our prayers are going out for them
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So sorry. Condolences and prayers from all the Beasts, big and small. Celebrate life. This is a new beginning.
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Your post is remembered...There is a reason, no matter how obscure it is to us. That living is sometimes much worse than death there can be no question. That earthly affairs are past and a new journey has begun is cause to celebrate.My thoughts are with you in the sorrow of your loss. May you be comforted by the joy of her release from the bonds of this life into the next.Please know that you're both in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Options
    Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deepest regrets, and prayers for Steve and family.
    Happy Bullet Holes!
  • Options
    Patrick OdlePatrick Odle Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deepest sympathy from our family.May the blessed lord comfort your heart.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Our prayers will continue for the ones left to grive. God Bless.The Heffley's
  • Options
    scksck Member Posts: 145 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dear Folks:Thank you all for your kind words and support. We have no children and our only close relatives are Karen's brother and wife. So you folks are as much family as I have. If anyone is from the area and would be interested, services will be Tuesday, September 4th, 6-8pm at Staley-Crowe Funeral Home, 7140 Plainfield Rd, Deer Park, (Cincinnati) Ohio. I look forward to meeting some of you in person. I had wanted to attend the BBQ earlier this year, but circumstances prevented that. Maybe next year. Thank you again, Steve.
  • Options
    homer4homer4 Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sck...I'm sorry to hear of your loss bud, I wish Karen was never striken the way she was and can't begin to offer a why. I along with many others can offer you the hope that the children of God do attain after their labors here however.Two scriptures of the many that are given to us for solace Sck are:"There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God." Hebrews 4:9"Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off." Isaiah 33:17
    ...and two hard boiled eggs.
  • Options
    jdswartjdswart Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    sck - My deepest condolences and heartfeld sympathies during this time of tribulation in your life.Regards
  • Options
    Bubba JoelBubba Joel Member Posts: 5,161
    edited November -1
    sck, please except my heartfelt sympathy.No one can know your pain.."I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'Do not fear; I will help you.' " ISAIAH 41:13
  • Options
    Mom MomMom Mom Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Steve, with deepest sympathy."Let not your heart be troubled."John 14:1"To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven; A time to be born, And a time to die;" Ecclesiates 3:1-2
  • Options
    cointosscointoss Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My sincerest sympathy to you Steve, while I may not be there tomorrow in person, I will be in sympathy for you in one of lifes hardest, saddest moments and pray to God help ease your suffering.
    cointoss
  • Options
    SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wanted this back up.