In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Savage's with Acutriggers

gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
edited March 2005 in General Discussion
What do you think of them? Im thinking of getting one in 308 and was wondering what the general concenus was.

Thanks,

Larry
binladen.gifShowLetter.gif

Comments

• shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i don't own one yet, but a close friend has one in .223. Excellent trigger. He sent the rifle to savage to get the spring changed to the 2lb (i think?) pull weight. I shot it before and thought is was good, but after, it was a dream, exspecially for a factory trigger.
  • cletus85cletus85 Member Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At first I laughed at them, and didn't really take the idea too seriously. I've since had the opportunity to check a few of them out, and though I would still much prefer a good standard trigger, I think they are a fair compromise between a really good trigger and a crappy one like what usually comes on a new Ruger 77.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    For those of us who don't know, what is this thing called "accutrigger"?

Man's last hope... The Star Wars Kid.. Jedi Master!

star_wars_kid.gif
  • MRBEANMRBEAN Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure either, Beeramid. I'm pretty sure my 30-06 has one/it, but not being an expert at much of anything, I can't really tell a difference. I think that's two answers in one haphazard shot![B)]
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Beeramid
    For those of us who don't know, what is this thing called "accutrigger"?

Man's last hope... The Star Wars Kid.. Jedi Master!

star_wars_kid.gif

great rifle you can easily adjust the trigger pull ive got the 10fp le model great great gun

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    1USAirForce.gifdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • MooseyardMooseyard Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The accutrigger kind of looks like an oversized Glock trigger, in-that is has a center piece that must be depressed before the trigger can be tripped. When you squeaze the trigger and take up all the slack in the center piece you are right on the sear, and the next movement will fire. It is adjustable by the owner from 2.5lbs-6lbs. They work great. Check out this link for more info and a pic.
    [url][/url]http://www.savagearms.com/at_pressrelease.htm[url][/url]

"My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Jess Hoffman
    Mooseyard Precision
    LE Supply & Firearms
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Shawano, WI 54166
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
  • MRBEANMRBEAN Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the link! It showed me I was wrong, which is all too rare.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. Unless a DI gets mad at me.
  • easygo6easygo6 Member Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh daggonnit BERAMID... I just left you such a good reply.

YOU MUST BE ARMY!!![:D]

SEMPER FI
  • easygo6easygo6 Member Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BERAMID... that reply was on the 'almost there' thread.

The Savage barrel is EXCELLENT. The barrel attaching method enables the factory to obtain EXCELLENT headspacing at a very reasonable price.

There are always exceptions, but every centerfire and ESPECIALLY every rimfire (more shots fired by my person)Savage I have had the pleasure to fire exhibit EXCELLENT accuracy...that is despite one of the WORST triggers on the world market.

Add an excellent trigger that meats the minimum demands of the lawyers ...SWEEEEET[8D]

FOR THE MONEY (my qualifier, there are better guns, Remingtons OCCASIONNALLY out-shoot Savages). [:D]
  • CJ7nvrstkCJ7nvrstk Member Posts: 678 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just got a model 10 in .243. Haven't had a cheance to try it out yet. [xx(]

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the weaponry to make the difference.