In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Who's got one they want to share?

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited January 2006 in General Discussion
I am getting ready to buy a new truck (Chevy Colorado-4 cyl-5 spd-yellow*-locking differential with 3.42s-tinted glass) and I want to get a personalized license plate. I think I'm limited to 6 characters so I'm trying to think of something. The last such plate I had said FL4 IT (on a 1970 Challenger R/T) but I don't think anyone got the joke.

Anyone have a personalized plate to share? Seen one that was good? Any suggestions for me? Watch it on that last one!

*I like the yellow on this truck. I had a yellow car once, but it was a 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T with a 426 Hemi and a 4-speed so nobody made fun of me.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    I don't think yellow and truck should ever be used in the same sentence, let alone be painted it.[:0]

Single buddies motorcucle plate - NVR WED
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YOT YM

Someone Looking through their rear view mirror will
    read MY TOY
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    CUL8R, TAGURIT(I know it's 7 letters, but that was the plate we had on our gokart), 2BAD4U
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
  • Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    '70 R/T Challenger. What a ride!
    I hope Dodge builds their concept Challenger and offers it with the Viper V-10.[:p]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    FrancF- No front plates in my state.

Cartod- Way too many letters and I don't get it except for the vularity which I don't want.
    ....................................................................................................
  • Options
    young n dumyoung n dum Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I like it in yellow.

standard.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is a cool yellow. I just think yellow trucks are like a man wearing a dress.[:D] You know, under the hood it is all truck/man, but on the outside........ Sorry I'm in a smart * mood today.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    WTTWAT-
    Wish This Truck Was A Toyota.
    What you'll be saying in a couple years.
    [^]barto[^]
  • Options
    zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Gotta a '67 Yellow Slug Bug if that counts.
    BEST1.jpg
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How about SXN-PIG ??? 82 ABN is well fought over in many states, as is 1STCAV, RANGER, AIRBRN, etc. Me, mine is PAID4.
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    GITRDN, GB-ROX, GBRULZ, GNS4ME, IAMRU2, YLWTRK, MYTRK, NOTURS, BOWTIE, ITSMNE, PAID-4, WHO-ME, IOK-RU, SEEEYA
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a big 75 dodge ramcharger, the plates read XS FUN.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:YOT YM

Someone Looking through their rear view mirror will
    read MY TOY

Not in Arkansas. They only issue a rear plate there.
  • Options
    dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    IXCLR8 - on my 65 Chevelle SS of course!

350hp/327/4 speed/posi - yes, it does accelerate. I LOVE to eat the newer Camaro's and Mustangs.
  • Options
    pointman821pointman821 Member Posts: 872
    edited November -1
    how bout MYCHVY (my chevy)
  • Options
    DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SaxonPig
    standard.jpg

BRKBAK
  • Options
    TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All them headlight looking things remind me of the station wagon in Natonal Lampoon's "Family Vacation"! Remember that, it had like 4 headlights per side!!! LOL!! That truck, What a dog.

Got Guns?
  • Options
    mp5shootermp5shooter Member Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i saw a plate once that said

pha q
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yellow Trucks?

That's so IMPORT!

Remember that Red-Orange Chevy trucks had in the mid 70's?

That was a cool truck color. BRING IT BACK. It is timeless.
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    A guy I knew had FCNL2 on his plates in Highschool. That's "Fat Chicks Need Love'n Too" in common tounge. He had to tell the DMV it ment "Fords can never loose twice" before they gave it to him. The plates were on a Ranger.
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    QTA MKR (Quota Maker) - better on a sports car. Also - I like the yellow idea! I have a mini-cooper waiting for me in yellow/black bonnet stripes. (maybe this summer)
  • Options
    blugillblugill Member Posts: 525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IrightI right between the eyes
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Um, guys? I didn't start this thread so that you could insult my choice of trucks, you know? If you don't like the color or styling that's your business and nobody's asking to buy this one. But I think it's very impolite to criticize and ridicule the vehicle I am buying.

I am not a huge fan of the front end styling on the Colorado (I don't really like the name, either) but I like the way it drives and there isn't anything else out there in my price range that I like any better. As for the color, my current truck is red and after 10 years I'm ready for a change. I like the shocking blue, but after seeing a yellow one in person I liked it. You don't have to agree, but could you please spare me the rude observations?

BTW- The truck in the photo I posted has the optional fog lamps so it does look like a lot of lights up front. It's not quite so bad without them.
  • Options
    Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
    edited November -1
    Check the insurance co. stats. Yellow gets in a accident less then ANY other color. The accident rate is low enough to give a deduction for most drivers.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    morsecodemorsecode Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yellow is cool. I know what you mean about the red, plus everyone's driving red (or black) trucks.

One thing about this one : you'll never have to stand outside a mall entrance and say, 'Now where did I park again?'

[8D]
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My truck is green, but you can park that yellow one next to mine any day Saxon.

My license is BUFO, and the car has NACLICD, a spider reference. If you were a herp guy I would suggest 2ATARA. I like SAXNPIG, but I can see how that might cause a lot of irritating comment over the years. If I were doing mine again it would be 257ROB.
  • Options
    morsecodemorsecode Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I asked about getting ".-.-.-" and they looked at me like I had two heads. Tried explaining the morsecode thing but, ah...no.

Now you can go to the CT DMV website, bring up various license plate blanks (yup, we have around 10 or so choices of plates) and type your requested wording right onto the plate to give an idea how it'll look. Clicking 'submit' will confirm whether or not that tag is already issued. If anyone is offended by your plate even after it's issued, they'll yank it and you're out the $75.

I was thinking about getting something with "COP" in it to ease the commute. Oddly enough, it's not prohibited. A guy lived across the street had "NARCO" and never spent a quarter for a parking meter.
  • Options
    the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    How about LSNPL8

Ben
  • Options
    hissinggoosehissinggoose Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How 'bout.....OMYIIS

[:D]

Yellow looks a lot better on a Ford!! (LOL) ->check my profile
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    NOT SURE IF IT'S 6 OR 7 CHARACTER LIMIT, BUT HERE ARE SOME I CAME UP WITH.

U8NTOK

SCREMIN

AGIT8ED (I SORT OF LIKE THIS ONE)

GR814ME (GREAT ONE FOR ME)

ZONKER (GOES WITH SCREMIN)
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ASP (Anglo-Saxon Pig)?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I didn't start this thread so that you could insult my choice of trucks, you know?
    If you are truelly "insulted" then I apologize. But I think "insulted" is a pretty big word, and not really aplicable to a little razzing, which is what I was giving you. Lighten up a little.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was truly insulted. Some of the comments weren't humorous at all, just demeaning. Thanks for your advice to lighten up. I will take it under advisement.