In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Shadow people or a ghost

guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in General Discussion
Well I just got freaked out. I went upstairs to the kitchen to grab a coke-a-cola and seen a face in the window of the kitchen door. I just caught it out of the corner of my eye and when I turned to look again, nothing there. And I know no one was there 'cuz the dog was lying down outside next to the door. I have goosebumps right now. I swear it was there. And no, no drinking or drug use involved. My mind says I seen it but the facts say no. Am I the only one?

Got Guns?

Comments

• gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    I see all kinds of stuff. It freaks me out but I comfort myself with the feel of my Hogue grip resting comfortably in my hand.[;)]Even though I cant shoot stuff that "isnt there" It still comforts me.
  • morsecodemorsecode Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nah, no sweat. Prolly just Homeland Security surveillance. Those guys are well trained. Explains why the dog didn't hear em.
  • catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    Best thing to do is burst out side, fire off a few mags from your weapon of choice and pray to god those shadow people think twice about disturbing your sanity again.
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    The wife and I lived in a house once (first house)
    where our two dogs used to jump to their feet
    together, hackles up, lips curled and snarling ...
    and they would track whatever it was (invisible)
    with their eyes/heads while (what ever it was)
    'it' passed into the kitchen. Then they would
    both go to the front door and whine to get out.

That happened three times.

When we moved to our new home ... never
    did it again.

We never thought to put tinfoil hats on them.

We still have no idea why.
    BEST1.jpg
  • morsecodemorsecode Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zip...I would've lived there only as long as it took to pack! [:0]
  • mp5shootermp5shooter Member Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey guns i will tell you my ghost story tomorrow when we are working. too long to type out right now maybe later.
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still have a strange feeling, you know, when the little hairs on the back of your neck stand up. I hope that never happens again.

Got Guns?
    edited November -1
    hey guns maybe it was my dad. since it was 22 years ago today that he passed away. i think he was checking up on my good friends.
    edited November -1
    damn cat just about got some double ott buck. when i was typing last post i heard a loud noise upstairs and the dog started barking. it was just the damn cat i hope.
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Now Im hearing shi#. Thanks guys, Im off to bed.
  • EndlssEndlss Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some people maybe don't know the term "shadow people".
    I have a corner in my basement that when I'm sitting watching tv I always catch movement as if a child or small statured person peeked around the corner. Never saw a face or anything, hope I don't either.
    edited November -1
    So did I see a "shadow people" or not?
    edited November -1
    Hey mp5, tell him to knock next time!

Got Guns?
  • EndlssEndlss Member Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shadow is just that a shadow. If you saw a distinct face.... no.
  • CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
    edited November -1
    I once had the feeling I was being watched, i was sitting alone in my room, and i kept seeing something out of the corner of my eye as if it had just entered through the door way, i musta turned around at least 5 times only to see there was nothing there and the door was still shut and locked.

I have not smoked any of that stuff since......

True story
  • bondaibondai Member Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quick! Call George Norey.......or Art Bell....
  • jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    Our farm is the central "homestead" of an old plantation. There aren't many old buildings left, the original plantation owners home burnt down in the 1930's and we tore down the last 3 workers/slave houses when we first bought the place (we've been told there were upward of around 40 families that lived on the farm in its hayday). The only remaining building is the old "general store", well over a hundred yrs. old, its actually in pretty good shape, still has the counters, shelves and the desk still in the office. Anyways, my fathers house overlooks the old store, and I'm about 1/4mile down the road (the store is between us). One morning he calls me and tells me there's a black man that just walked out the back of the store and was heading across the pasture towards my house. I jumped on the 4-wheeler and was at the store in less than 2 mins. I drove around everywhere looking for this guy and found no one. I remember there was a real heavy dew on the ground but no tracks anywhere. He said it was a tall, thin, black man with a hat dressed in an older style attire. After searching for about 15-20min, I finally decided my dad was just seeing things. We let it go and basically just forgot about it. A couple years later my father had some friends out to eat who were in town and had never been to the farm before, nothing about any of the store stuff came up....forgot about it, remember.[:)] He ran into them about 6 months later and they got to visiting and the topic of ghosts came up. The mans wife doesn't go around bragging about it or anything, but she told my dad that she has the ability to sense "spirits", can't see them, just senses them. She told my dad that when her and her husband had come out to eat, 6 months earlier, that when they had driven past the old store, she sensed a spirit that "lived" there. Immediately my dad remembered searching for that black man coming out of the store some 2yrs earlier, and to this day thats what we believe he saw. There are a couple of old barrels on the porch of the store that I use to store bags of feed in, and ever since my dad told me what his friend said, when I go on that porch to get some feed, I catch myself looking through the windows into the darkness inside, expecting to see someone looking back at me, and it gives me goose bumps everytime. Its not much to look at and sorry the inside pics are so dark, I'm not much of a photographer and there's no way to get light inside. The outside has had tin put on it at some point and we replaced the floor of the porch a while back.

n1b0up.jpg
    n1b33m.jpg

The window in the back is actually a small office that has the desk in it. The picture of it didn't turn out, but theres not much to look at, the desk is in pretty bad shape.
    n1b3ol.jpg
    n1b61y.jpg

I hope I never see someone looking back at me through this window while I'm getting a sack of feed, or I'd have to store the feed elsewhere.[:D]
    n1bama.jpg

Ben
  • JudgeRoyBeanJudgeRoyBean Member Posts: 282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Art Bell would know..............!!!
  • RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    dont worry it was probably just a demon

demon.jpg
  • Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    I live in a house that was built in 1860, things happen so often we dont even get excited any more. my kids just blow it off as Grandma is here today.My Irish setter has seen things that we cant see or hear.[:0]quote:Originally posted by guns-n-painthorses
    I still have a strange feeling, you know, when the little hairs on the back of your neck stand up. I hope that never happens again.

Got Guns?
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    Must be some more crossing of wormholes to another time/dimension. Next time it happens, see if you can tell what number is coming up in the lottery. [:0]
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    I think you're not crazy, but I don't know that what you think you saw was really there. What I'm saying is that I don't discount what we might term as ghosts (I'll elaborate), but what you describe is more akin to a natural phenomona between our brain and eyes.

Look at an object for just a bit and close your eyes. You'll find that the image is somewhat retained for a time. You'll also find that the image will tend to "drift" in your field of vision. Thus, if you turn your eyes to one side or the other while they're closed the image will not follow them. I suspect this may well be where your "shadow" is coming from especially in a low light situation.

As to ghosts, we may well have had our very own ghost in the first home my wife and I lived in. It was built shortly after the Civil War, but had no history that I'm aware of. Still, I'm not sure we were alone.

We've all heard of cold spots and maybe a story of waking up from sound sleep with the feeling that you were being stared at... There was none of that. The dog was never bothered, nor were our young sons.

I think we became aware that all was not quite right the Christmas after we moved in. I had grown a lemon tree from seed an it had gotten to be several feet tall. We put some minature lights on as a decoration and removed the blinker bulbs so the strings stayed on constantly. I placed the blinker bulb(s) in my desk drawer several rooms away.

For whatever reason we left the house in early evening and didn't bother to turn off the Christmas decorations. When we returned the lights were blinking on our lemon tree and the blinker bulbs had moved back in place.

Then there was the matter of our back door not staying locked. The first few times my wife and looked at each other and assumed we'd forgotten. Next, we made sure. Next came the deadbolt. Then we just gave up.

I had to go to work late one evening in the late fall and didn't arrive home until after my wife had gone to bed. I came up the stairs and her first question was why I was doing it for the second time. (I wasn't!) She then described a person in a different shirt coming up the stairs and heading back towards the kid's rooms. That caused me a nervous trip with Luger in hand, but nothing was there.

End result... We never felt threatened, nor did our privacy seem to be invaded. The door got to be a joke. We sort of figured that if "Herman" (that's what we named him) could unlock the door, then he was also able to keep unwelcome visitors at bay.

We left the home in 1979 and both my wife and went through the home and said goodbye to Herman. I don't know whether either of us really believed, but we didn't disbelieve.

Never a hint at such things in our new home even with a cemetery next door. What more can I say?
  • dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If "they" haven't killed you yet, "they" aren't going to. Relax, they're just voyeurs who want to watch, let them have their fun. Just make sure you give a performance worth watching.[;)]
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Some pretty wild stories here.

jbw1776....I would like to see a picture of the old store if you're so inclined.
  • KK Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My 100 (+) yr old Victorian is haunted and the ghosts are rather nice. When I first moved in and suspected we "were not alone" I made them a deal....DON'T scare the wife and kids and I DON'T get an priest in here.
    6 yrs and all is well.
  • marine22marine22 Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We lived in a house when I was in the 5th grade that the whole neighborhood was haunted. One Halloween my mom and dad were in the living room with the front door open for the trick-or-treaters. There was a bar type deal that separated the kitchen from the living room and there was a door in the kitchen leading outside. The kitchen door was shut and locked and all of a sudden it came open and our black cat walked in the door. Mom and dad looked at each other and mom went out the front with her 22 and dad went out the kitchen door with his shotgun. They met around the back of the house and nobody was there. The next day, they asked the neighbors who were the only ones who had a key to the door and they had been out of town.

In the same house, we would find bobby pins laying around. None of us used them and couldn't figure out where they came from. You could change the sheets on the bed, make the bed up, and that night when you turned the bed down there would be a bobby pin lying in the middle of the bed. Dad said it was just his grandmother visiting us. I think it was just his way of trying to rationalize things.

The reason I say the neighborhood was haunted was one of my friends told me about when you turned 13 that was when the poltergeist came to your house and played tricks on you. Being that I wasn't 13 yet, this really frightened me. I went to spend the night with this girl one time when my parents went out of town. We ate pizza and did girl stuff, but out of the blue I got so nausiated. I took everything they had for nausia and nothing seemed to work. I called our neighbor and asked if I would come stay with her til mom got back, and she said yes. It was about 2 a.m. and I was walking from Wendy's house to Donna's house. When I got beside this big bush it started shaking fiercely and it got very cold. When I got to Donna's house I was no longer sick and fell right asleep. The next day I was telling mom about it and she said it must have been a bird. That had to have been one big * bird to have moved that whole bush!!

One neighbor was a gun dealer and he "accidently" shot himself under his carport while cleaning one of his pistols (a Revolver). The police said he had forgotten to 1 bullet from the gun and it discharged. *His wife had been out of town for 2 days when he decided to clean it* I know some may be thinking that she had something to do with it. He was the only one who had the combo to the safe becuase his wife was scared of guns. He had collected/dealt guns for 35 years.

These are just a few of the reasons I believe this whole neighborhood is haunted.
  • JWolfJWolf Member Posts: 1,901
    edited November -1
    I went to visit my cousin in NC a couple years ago while i was helping her chop veggies when the radio on the counter turned on, then off, a few minutes later it turned on again and then off, I walked over to it and the power switch was in the off position and the power cord was barely in the socket... My cousin said that it happened all the time and the cabinets opened and closed alot and once in a while the pump for her well would go on and stay on long enough to drain the water down to the mud. a day later we went to a friend of hers house to feed her dogs, we went into the house she gave us a tour of the house as it was very old, as we entered the master bedroom i felt an overwheleming need to get the he!! out of the house, later the owner told me that 50 years before the owner had killed his whole family there wife, kids and then himself in the bedroom..... eerie.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live about 1/4 mile from the farm place I grew up on. We sold it outside the family. The owner grew up on a farm also. He's got a fetish for John Deere 2 lungers. While driving a restored one, he passed the open barn door, and standing there was an old gentleman in bib overalls. The man gave a slow wave and a nod that "Bill" took to be a nod of approval. The man then simply "de-materialized" before his eyes. If it were one of 99% of the people I know, I'd dismiss it. Not with this guy. No way, no how...not this man. Neither my dad or grandad wore bibs, so we think it may be the former owner of one of the tractors. Very cool.
  • marine22marine22 Member Posts: 249 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey JWolf-

That house in NC wouldn't be anywhere near a town called Mount Airy would it?
  • JWolfJWolf Member Posts: 1,901
    edited November -1
    Not far actually its in the King area
  • sabb0007sabb0007 Member Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    frickin' shadow people