In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hungry Man

gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
edited March 2006 in General Discussion
When was the last time you had a Hungry Man dinner? Man these things ain't bad at all in a pinch. The wife and I got some on sale the other day at the grocery and I must say.....pretty good for a throw in the oven treat. Reminds me of the old T.V. dinners. So far my favorite out of the lot is the salsbury steak and the fried boneless chicken (and no I'm not on their pay roll)![:D][:o)][:p][:D]

Comments

• Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Turkey dinner is my favorite ,But I want my cranberries back and toss those brownies. [:p]
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    yep I still do the tv dinner thing for work bets the h.ll out of ham sandwichs all the time [:D][:D][:D]
  • gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    The other good element of the dinners is the portions. Usually what ever is on my plate gets consumed. The hungry man portions don't stuff me, but leave me satifsied. That's gotta be good for me as well. I ain't no spring chicken anymore (what ever the heck that means) so I best be keepin' an eye on my intake![:D][:o)]
  • jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    TRhe salsbury steak ones were good. Its been a while since I've had one, they still have the mushrooms in the sauce?

Ben
  • gbeggrowgbeggrow Member Posts: 5,499
    edited November -1
    Yep, still have shrooms in there (few onions too). I'm having one right now. Got the taters and the greens done, now it's time for the Duncan Hines brownie. Mmmmmm mmmmm![:p]

quote:Originally posted by jbw1776
    TRhe salsbury steak ones were good. Its been a while since I've had one, they still have the mushrooms in the sauce?

Ben
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bet you can eat it faster that you can read the chemical ingredients in the food. They are a piss poor substitute for good fresh home cooked meals. But I must admit I had stouffers for dinner tonight. Being an on the road sales puke is not condusive to good nutrition. But it beats the snot out of McDonalds.
  • Flyin_PaulieFlyin_Paulie Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just walked in the door. Have been at my favorite watering hole. I imagine it's going to be "hot tongue and cold shoulder" again tonight..
    kilroy.jpg
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    quote:I imagine it's going to be "hot tongue and cold shoulder" again tonight..

Whoa! THAT can't be good!

Cold shoulder again?[:0][:0][:0]

... not a good thing, fer sure![B)][B)][B)]

Good luck![8D]
    chewtwigzz.gif
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The hot tongue don't sound bad though. [:D]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the mexican dinners they have, pretty good.
  • Bolivers WifeBolivers Wife Member Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess they are ok......I make my own TV dinners up for boliver. (leftovers in a pieplate and froze)
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boston Market makes some good ones
  • JWolfJWolf Member Posts: 1,901
    edited November -1
    I like the turkey dinner but am glad they got rid of the cranberries as i am allergic [:(] and Boston Market is the devil, I can't leave that place without feeling like an over stuffed tick. Man they are good. [:D]
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    I usually just grab a couple of Landshires at the gas station for $2.50/piece, and throw them in the microwave for 2 minutes, and wash it down with a Budweiser tall boy.[:)]

Ben
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    If I didn't know any better it would look to me like you just have a Bad Case Of the Munchies.
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    My ol' lady was gone for 3 weeks last year and I LIVED on Hungry Man dinners, Cattle Drive chili, and beer.
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    I gist fry me up a fat ribsteak. micro wave a tater, slab on some butter an sour cream and wash it down with an Ice cold coca-cola. My colesteral is 285 triglycerides about 300 and Im easily 20 lbs over weight....maybe Ill look into the lean cuisine next time I do the grocery shopping....and a nice salad, that would be good....