In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Taliban Spokesman Attends Yale University

WarMongerWarMonger Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2006 in General Discussion
What the hell is this country coming to ? What the hell is wrong with colleges in this country ? What the hell was our state department thinking ? Why hasnt someone killed this guy ?

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002074677

Comments

• zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    This country is nuts.[:(!]
    chewtwigzz.gif
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warmonger- You've finally said something that was running through my mind also!

quote:Why hasnt someone killed this guy ?

I love it.
  • jbjm04jbjm04 Member Posts: 263 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "we must educate our enemy." that way our enemy will know our weakness's. This sin't the first time. The Muslims hate us westerners, but all want A U.S eduction. Ever heard of a graduate od Pakistani state?
  • pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    "In his first semester at Yale, Hashemi scored a 3.33 GPA."

Doing wonders at the school which is known for GPA inflation and graduates with 4.0's.
  • WarMongerWarMonger Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is very hard to get into universitys today. I cant imagine how Yale could admit this guy and thus turn down an American student. This REALLY pisses me off. You have Bush letting all the illegals come into America on the border and the State Dept giving visas to TALIBAN memebers to attend college here. Have we learned nothing at all ? I will say it once more.....I am losing faith in my government to protect my safety, my jobs, and everything else. After the next terrorist attack here in America the good citizens will be cleaning out the garbage that is littering this country.
    edited November -1
    no they won't[:0] Then we would be violating their "civil rights"[:(]I thought civil rights were only for U.S. citizens[?]
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    See the post on public education. What would you expect from the good old USA, land of the Rights For ALL (except YOU)
    edited November -1
    By the way Yale is one of the schools I was looking at for grad school, probably the most unlikely school for me to go to if I was accepted but I have really looked into it, for the rep. it packs Yale is kind of a "bargain" at roughly 12 grand a sememester (tuition only of course).
    edited November -1
    You must have more money than sense![:D]
    edited November -1
    No money here, I'll be paying for school the American way, G.I. Bill, money I've saved, a few parttime jobs, student loans, and scholarships. Most schools I'm looking at run 18-20 grand a year for tuition, and yale graduate school students will make 20-25% more right out of school just off the rep Yale has, are they a better school? Probably not, is the opportunity to get paid more there for attending a school that someones' heard of before, yes.
    If you really want to have a stroke on tuition, my girlfriend is in law school right now at one of the more expensive ones, and all together (without housing) it's about 50 grand a year.
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Warmonger: Exactly what major crime did the Taliban do? By providing sanctuary for Osama Been Forgotten? So did other countries, BTW.

And, if you noticed, the majority of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis, not Afghanistanis.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    Hashemi is very well qualifed to teach a terrorism course. Somebody needs to make this quy disappear. Maybe send his head to one country and his body to another. Just like the other terrorist Muslims do.
  • jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Afghanistanis that sounds funny, isn't it Afghanis? or afghans?
  • WarMongerWarMonger Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY
    Warmonger: Exactly what major crime did the Taliban do? By providing sanctuary for Osama Been Forgotten? So did other countries, BTW.

And, if you noticed, the majority of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis, not Afghanistanis.

I knew you comment on this. I bet the guy used you as a character reference to get his student visa. Why would a muslim guy want to live in the USA anyway ?
  • AbdulazizAbdulaziz Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY

Well stated my brother.
  • restoreguyrestoreguy Member Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What would one expect from "Liberal Heaven"....