In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Anyone Here Prefer Bisley Colts/Rugers?

zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
edited February 2006 in General Discussion
It has occurred to me that I've never shot one with Bisley grips on it.
How do you like/not like the Bisley design?

It might just be time to try one.[:D]
chewtwigzz.gif

Comments

• jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bought a ruger bisley hunter 2 years ago for Christmas. the bisley grip helps control the recoil from very HOT loads. Keeps the muzzle from flipping up on me which was always happening with the regular blackhawk grip. I'm very happy with the gun. Always like the Freedom Arms grip fram and finally ruger made something affordable and similar in strength.[:)]
  • stankempstankemp Member Posts: 509 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Zip,
    I had my gunsmith fit a Bisley subframe to my Super Blackhawk Hunter cause shooting full house 44 mag loads was uncomfortable with the peacemaker style grip.He did a great job . Subframe is from Brownells.
    I carved a set of grips from nicely figured walnut and went shooting.
    The difference to me both in accuracy and comfort is amazing and even though they don't look as pretty (line wise- my hand carveds are much nicer wood wise) as the originals , the beauty of the shooting improvement wins the day. Much better with the hottest loads.
    Stan
  • BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It does an amazing job of taming recoil. I would rather shoot hot loads out of my Ruger bisley than my S&W 629.
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Ditto on the recoil, you feel it more, but it is controlled. The guns don't rock up in your had every shot like the regular grips. With standard grips it always fell like I was going to drop the guns.
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Ruger Bisley in 45LC, and I like the fit. It has a more natural bend for the wrist. It helps keep the barrel down and level when aiming, or just pointing.

Trinity +++
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Well, I thought I was out of the gun buying business for a while
    ... guess not! I'm going to have to try one of these![:D]
    chewtwigzz.gif