In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ATTN: Hoosier CCW permit holders...

drygulchdandrygulchdan Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in General Discussion
Just got word today that the bill that would make your CCW permit a lifetime permit has passed!Many thanks to Sen. Johnny Nugent and Rep. Troy Woodruff who made this bill possible.[:D]
Also on another note,Indiana has had more people sign up for the Johny Appleseed AQT shoot than all other states combined!Looks like it will be a great shoot![:)]

Comments

• Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    Sounds like great news! Wish we could get a lifetime permit down here in Georgia!
  • dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Indiana has had a concealed carry law since 1935 and nearly 10% of the people in Indiana have one according to one article I have seen. The new law is supposed to have a onetime cost of around $100-$125 for the lifetime permit. It is supposed to be cross checked against all felony convictions when they occur to see if the permit needs to be revoked if the early reports are correct.

PS. Our permit is actually a "Personal Protection Permit" (PPP), and does not have to be carried concealed, although you obviously should carry it that way
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • BT3BT3 Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good news for us in Indiana. Hope it catches on in other States. [8D] Hope Sen. Johnny Nugent gets elected to the NRA Board. [8D]
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dlrjj
    Indiana has had a concealed carry law since 1935 and nearly 10% of the people in Indiana have one according to one article I have seen. The new law is supposed to have a onetime cost of around $100-$125 for the lifetime permit. It is supposed to be cross checked against all felony convictions when they occur to see if the permit needs to be revoked if the early reports are correct.

PS. Our permit is actually a "Personal Protection Permit" (PPP), and does not have to be carried concealed, although you obviously should carry it that way

We don't have to carry concealed???????????????????????????
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carried unconcealed in Indianer for many years. I use to ride my Harley with a snub .38 on my side, walk in banks, K-mart .... NEVER got stopped or ask about my piece.
  • dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure whether this law has passed, or just passed out of committee. I haven't heard anything new lately.

Cubs, I believe that to be correct, but you should keep it covered up regardless. No sense in creating problems.[:)]
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • jhimcojhimco Member Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad I live in Indiana! I would happily pay the $125 for a lifetime permit![:D]
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was over by there, in Michighan City 2 weeks ago. Checking out the antique stores.

Too bad they don't offer a non-resident permit.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drobs
    I was over by there, in Michighan City 2 weeks ago. Checking out the antique stores.

Indiana does too!
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

Indiana does too!

I think you have to own property in IN to get one.
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14

Indiana does too!

I've never heard of a non-resident one. I don't know where you would get it if we have one. The City Police and the Sheriff offices don't have anything maybe the State Police.

I'm glad to hear that it passed. I'll like knowing that I don't have to worry about it expiring. Plus, I'm due to renew this December.
  • chris_cechris_ce Member Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just sent the stuff away to renew mine. Looks like I will have to do it again shortly.
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have had a personal protection permit since I was 21. Also when hunting you must carry in the open. We used to have to renew every 2 years then it was every 4, $25.00. Even though I'm getting old I would love to see the life time permit pass. The gun laws are one of the reasons I love Indiana.
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    You can get a CCW in Indiana if you work in Indiana. I just started working there and plan to take advantage asap.
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Makes me proud to be a hoosier.