In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

California University Displays Mohamid Cartoon

WarMongerWarMonger Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2006 in General Discussion
About 300 muslims showed up to protest. The univeristy has 3,500 muslim students so 300 is kind of pathetic. However, apparently the rest were in their dorm rooms making suicide bomb vests.

Comments

• zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Those muslims just don't get it - must be those little 7th century minds![:D]
    Grinch_final_white.jpg
  • SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are plenty of unregistered guns in California. A few hundred fanatics with semi-auto rifles could stir up trouble, and make a boat-load of trouble for all gun owners.
  • pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    Which university?

News link??
  • WarMongerWarMonger Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry
    There are plenty of unregistered guns in California. A few hundred fanatics with semi-auto rifles could stir up trouble, and make a boat-load of trouble for all gun owners.

True. It would be just like the media to blame the guns and not the Muslims.
  • pipskickspipskicks Member Posts: 3,049
    edited November -1
    Damn it's close to me, but not that close, wish it was mine.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry

True. But as always there could be unintented consequences involved. Hundreds of angry Muslims rioting and brandishing guns in an American city just might remind us gun owners about one of the very important reasons we want OUR GUN rights and possession of our guns. And it might even scare some of our mildly anti-gun fellow citizens into realizing that they and their family just might want or need a gun of their own in the not to distant future.
  • 2-barrel2-barrel Member Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And a lot of cheap wolf ammo.[;)]
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Hundreds of angry Muslims rioting and brandishing guns in an American city... might even scare some of our mildly anti-gun fellow citizens into realizing that they and their family just might want or need a gun of their own in the not to distant future.

I prefer to spend my time worrying about the zombie apocalypse... it's much likelier to happen.[:p]
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Sperry Posted

A few hundred fanatics citizens with semi-auto rifles could take care of the cartoon protester problem in this country.
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    This whole issue has become one big living cartoon. [:p][:p][:p]
    chewtwigzz.gif
    .....[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At least Irvine is Orange County, a bastion for conservatives.
    Pete
  • nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    Hundreds of angry Muslims rioting and brandishing guns in an American city... might even scare some of our mildly anti-gun fellow citizens into realizing that they and their family just might want or need a gun of their own in the not to distant future.

I prefer to spend my time worrying about the zombie apocalypse... it's much likelier to happen.[:p]

Yes, because as we all know, we've never been attacked by angry Muslims. Ever. Not once. In history.

But I'm with you in worrying about a zombie apocalypse. What's your fail safe plan?
  • jimkanejimkane Member Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:And it might even scare some of our mildly anti-gun fellow citizens into realizing that they and their family just might want or need a gun of their own in the not to distant future.

hey Fox, I got a song for ya.... "Dream On: by Aerosmith..... but we can dream can't we?
  • WarMongerWarMonger Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PJ
    At least Irvine is Orange County, a bastion for conservatives.
    Pete

conservative by california standards. i think in the 04 presidential election OC actually went to Kerry :(
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by WarMonger
    About 300 muslims showed up to protest. The univeristy has 3,500 muslim students so 300 is kind of pathetic. However, apparently the rest were in their dorm rooms making suicide bomb vests.

so was that on day one? if I remember right, it took the muslims about a week to get to full steam after the original cartoons were published