In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

digital camera

red dogred dog Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
has anyone herd of these cameras and are they any good...
ATIGER DC361 MP Digital Camera

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I need to get a digital camera for the home inspection business. I dont know much about them. I want one that is easy to use. It will need to be abel to take good clear pictures in the dark (under houses and attics). I will also need a zoom.
    I dont want to spend over $300.00. Any sugestions on which kind and where to purchase it.
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    can anyone suggest a good brand of digital camera so I can post pictures on auction site? Price?? Thanks Red Dog
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Six months ago, I would have recommended Kodak because I got such good results with mine. Recently, it developed a problem where the little plastic window over the built-in flash was turning brown, then black. I bought it at Ritz Camera, so I returned there to get it fixed. Unfortunately, it was out of warranty, but I figured heck, what could it cost to replace a little plastic window? Answer: $256 estimate. Of course I didn't pay, because that's practically the price of a brand new camera of equivalent specs. So I can't recommend what you should get, but I won't get a Kodak again or buy at Ritz.
  • Options
    UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a sony fd75, it uses the 3.5 floppy disk to hold photos and has a 10x zoom, $340.00 at walmart. we have been using the older fd73 at work for 2 yrs and never have any problems and if a cop can not break it it must be a halfway good camera! the 3.5 floppy makes it easy to post pictures since almost all computer have a 3.5 drive, no special adaptors or cords to get lost. plus uses a rechargable sony battery, no wasted $$ on batteries.
  • Options
    offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Sony Mavicas are good cameras. You would be happy with one. If you have a computer with an IEEE (I-Link) connector, you can very quickly get spoiled using that instead of the 3.5" diskettes. They just don't hold as many pictures -- but the advantage is older computers without USB or I-Link ports can take your pictures right off your disk drive.I had been using a Mavica fd85(?) for a while with a client after recommending he purchase it for easy transfer of his pictures to his computer and then onto his web site. He had an older computer so 3.5" disk was the way to go for him. Once he got a disk stuck in the camera and had to send it back to Sony to have them remove it. Other than that, the camera itself was very high quality. Then one day I was in Best Buy and found a Digital VideoCam that had been returned. It still had all the accessories and was marked down to less than $400. It had the capability to do still shots as well as movies. Now I happily use my digital video camera to take all my stills for the web. I just connect the camera by the I-Link wire to my computer and the software actually plays back the stills, which I then capture and convert to JPGs.The most important feature I can think of in a good digital camera for web use is the ability to shoot macro -- that is, extreme close-ups -- in focus. You want to be able to shoot small items and many of these cameras will now let you put the lens a couple inches from your subject and give you a nice big close-up of the detail in perfect focus. Below find two close shots I made of a DeMolay ring I'm selling over on eBay (no plug intended):
    "The 2nd Amendment is about defense, not hunting. Long live the gun shows, and reasonable access to FFLs. Join the NRA -- I'm a Life Member."