In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New gun... and Kudos to Dunhams sporting goods

jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Bought an 8X56R Mannlicher straight pull carbine today for a total of $94 (that includes tax) from Dunham's sporting goods, a chain store. This is the best off the rack Price I've seen as I don't have a C&R or FFL, and even if I bought from shotgun news, SOG, etc., it would run:$69- Lowest cost I've seen$10-$20- shipping$15-transfer
=$94-$104 total. So I did well. It is a rare thing that I find a good price on guns at Dunhams, wal mart, etc., compared to internet prices. By the way, they have a number of vintage rifles for sale, most a bit over priced, but in excellant condition. So if you live in the great lakes area, there are about 50 or so of these stores around.My rifle has a mint bore, 99% bluing, no stock dents, matching serials, and is still pscked in cosmoline... I see a rainy day weekend afternoon spent cleaning it up in the near future.Also have ordered some ammo from Sportsman's guide who has it for $21/80.
"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.

Comments

• jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I couldn't wait, I degreased it yesterday after work.
    "...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conference in 1899.
  • simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Sweet deal. Let us know how it performs.I'm like Beekeep, I don't like those man-likker stocks, but ya' can't beat that price.