In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Guantanamo Bay...

Zorny5Zorny5 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
There has been a lot of talk recently about the "prisoners" being kept down there from Afghanistan. Does anyone think that they are getting treated inhumanely? And even if they are, does it really matter? They are living better now than how they were living in that craphole country. I say we load them up on an old submarine or ship, take it to the middle of the ocean, and sink the damn thing. Any one else agree?

Comments

• Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    Sending anybody to Gitmo is cruel and unusual punishment. Sent all the Talliban/Al-queda you can, they deserve it!
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget to put all the people who are complaining about their treatment on that ship. If we're going to do it we might as well do it right!
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And now those Pakistan rebels are threatening to kill an American journalist if their comrades aren't freed. I think they're jealous of the 3 squares and warm temps that the "detainees" are getting!
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    For those of us that have spent 8 hrs in an ship engineroom with all the ventilation fans off and the temp around 130 at Gitmo. We know what inhumane treatment is. Oh well at least the pay was good.
    I Refuse to be a VictimGrumpy old man
  • sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wondering how many of you have actually been to the fine establishment our gobrment calls Gitmo? I went down in 1976 for a month, drinking 5 cent beer and watching the "waves and wacks" make a hundred bucks for 10 minutes from all the visiting ships. Best thing about it was servmart, and the fact that you could buy anything you wanted out of it, for cash.Being a "tool" person, I promptly spend almost three thousand dollars buying at least one of every tool they had in the place.And dirt cheap, too. Now it ain't Snap-on, or Mac, but there were a few craftsmans tools in the bunch. Took them back to the ship, and stashed them till we got back to homeport. Took them home, one box at a time on my motorcycle.Then I got rich and bought a car. Came in the main gate one night, and got pulled over for a drug check. They found a small toolbox loaded with "Uncle Sam's tools"... no U.S. markings, just the same brands. Confiscated them, and fixing to send me up before the old man. Sure glad I remembered who was on the quarterdeck when I brought all those tools on board in gitmo. They checked with him and cleared me. Still didn't want to give back my toolbox, but finally did. Do you have any idea how many tools 3 grand would buy at those prices? Tools I have.
    Have Gun, will travel
  • beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    22wrf.....did you pass REFTRA? Beach
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    beachmaster73Passed many times. As a shiprider at FTG Pearl I had a few that didn't.
    I Refuse to be a VictimGrumpy old man