In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Allentown Gun Show - Go or No Go

gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Is this gun show worthwhile going to. How many tables, what type of guns, etc? Trying to decide on going to a gun auction or to this gun show which is closer to me. Saw the other posts but no description. Thanks.

Comments

• IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gunpaq, all I have to go on is the opinion of several folks I spoke with at the Harrisburg show in Dec. My interest is collectible ammo and I was told that the Allentown shows (there are, I believe, five) cater to collectible materials more than modern firearms, etc. I was also told that the Feb show was the best of the five. Harrisburg was only the second gun show I've attended outside of New England, so I have no basis, other than hope, to evaluate the claim. But all things being equal, I'll be making the trip (10 hours +/- each way).
  • ibtruknibtrukn Member Posts: 443 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gunpaq, Yar it's worth going if you haven,t been there before. I estimate upwards of 500 tables. They took out a row or two couple years ago to make isles wider. Usually everything, Colts SAA to the latest wunder nines. 73 win. to Hi-Points an everything in between. Well lighted and kept resonably clean. Has a concession stand for burgers coffee whatever. Sat 830 am-430pm Sun 830- 230. Approx. Lots of parking an the natives are usually friendly. If you live resonably close you may want to join up "Forks of the Delaware' They will fill you in at the front door.
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    OK, guys...This weekend?Where in Allentown?Answer those questions and we'll be seeing you.Many Thanks!
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's the 9th & 10th. As I understand it, it's in the Agricultural Hall? Must be something about Penn Dept. of Agriculture & gun shows . . . .