In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ugly Gun....Which is worst?

RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
I just saw a Colt 6 inch revolver called a "Peacekeeper." This model was only made from 1985 to 1987, I am told. Black parkerized type finish, Vent Rib Barrel, Red Ramp Front and W/O rear. It is identical to a Colt Trooper MK V except for the finish and the fact it only came with Pachmayr Presentation Rubber grips with Colt Medallions. This .357 double action is the "Ugliest Revolver" I've ever seen! Have you ever seen an uglier one?

Comments

• SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In modern times the S&W 629 that is the butt ugliest shade of green,the whole thing.Some of the rolling block rifles rate up there.
  • BlokeyBlokey Member Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blasphemy!!! Nothing that came out of Hartford is ugly except the All American 2000 (yuck!).To me, H&R revolvers are aesthetically challenged. [This message has been edited by Blokey (edited 01-31-2002).]
  • simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    That futia colored gun that is auctioned here sometimes gets a vote.The 629 gets a vote.And the Sigma gets a vote.
  • royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ugly list:SigmaHk Vp70any GlockVector
  • RancheroPaulRancheroPaul Member Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What really amazes me is this: The Ugly Peacekeeper, (Not be be confused with the much more notorious "Peacemaker"), if finished in Royal Blue or Nickel and fitted with some nice checkered Walnut Factory grips, becomes the "Beautiful Trooper MK V!" The Ugly one is a Super Shooter and highly accurate and manages recoil just like all Colts! Given this, Why the Black Matte finish reserved for the AR15?
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No such thing as an ugly gun...some are just more challenged than others.
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe no gun is ugly, but I REALLY have to think about that when I see any hi-point semi-auto. The Intratec cat-9 is pretty foul too. Hey! I have a glock! I think it's neat!
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any '50's Weatherby.Clouder..
  • WyomingSwedeWyomingSwede Member Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would be the first to admit that Savage rifles got to be a contender here. However their accuracy and economy makes up for that particular shortcoming.
    WyomingSwede
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    After retiring from a career as a police officer, I would say that any gun pointed at you (and many were) would be the ugliest! -Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelNRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    The Japanese 8mm Type 94!Uglier than a sack full of a**holes!
  • CAndres35CAndres35 Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Njretcop: i have to agree with you they are really,really ugly in that position!!!!!!!!!!! carl
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, ugly guns need love too. Just gather them up guys. I'll e-mail my address. I don't know if even a mother could love a broom-handle.
    cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    njretcop, 10-4 that the ugliest gun is the one pointed at you. I've looked down the business end of a gun exactly once and it was one time too many. Man, was that an ugly gun! PS - I also agree with niklasal that the hi-points are butt ugly. Some say they're fun to shoot. That's like saying an ugly girl is still fun to ... never mind.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, but if you wrap a flag over a gun you cant see the sights.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    British military rifles and pistols, French military rifles and the Swiss Veterli rifle are all visually challenging.
  • OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Never owned an ugly gun (there is no such a thing) but my first shotgun was a single shot H & R 12 ga. that every time you shot it, it would break open on its own sometimes comming apart. Man was I glad to get rid of it and get an 870 Remmington.