In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

No Million Muslim March? Why?

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
edited May 2006 in General Discussion
On a pretty small, weak scale, I hear from various sources that the mainstream Muslims are peaceful people who do not support the violent, terrorist Muslims. And I am told that those terrorists have hijacked the Koran and are preverting it and that the peaceful Muslims do not interpert the Koran as do the violent Muslim terrorists. And as I said, I usually get this message on a very small scale, usually one person talking to me or to several other people. With perhaps only one or two tiny exceptions, I have never seen any serious effort to get a "message to the world" out to the people of the world, especially the American people.

This in spite of the fact that, unlike the terrorist violence by Timothy McVay for example, the terrorist Muslim violence happens somewhere in the world on almost a daily basis.

But still no "message to the world" from the peaceful Muslims. Although as we all know, when it comes to the equalivent of a still Road Runner Cartoon, a cartoon of the prophet, the world's Muslims are quite capable of organizing worldwide violent protests.

And we have recently seen millions of illegal aliens protesting in America because they want "their rights".

And we have seen the Million Mom march on Washington because they want guns eliminated.

And we have seen the Million Man march because they want their fellow blacks to be better men and better parents (good for them!)

And we have seen anti-abortion protesters marching because they oppose abortion.

And we have seen pro-abortion protesters marching because they favor abortion.

And we have seen the Pope, the leader of Millions of Catholics, condemn wealthy countries/people who won't help the poor and urge them to share.

And we have seen millions marching in foreign countries condemning America just for being America.

Yet to my knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong, we have never, ever seen even an attempt by the peaceful Muslims to construct any kind of "message to the world" that they do indeed condemn their terrorist kin and are indeed peaceful and condemn and regret the violence and damage the terrorist Muslims do in the name of Islam.

Why is that? Anybody know? If there are any Muslims here I would sure like to hear their answer to this question.

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    One Word "FEAR"
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    tr fox: And if they did, I suspect you, among others, would claim it's just a publicity stunt and not meant as was said when some Muslim leaders condemned other attacks.

BTW, there is no single Islamic "religious" leader along the lines of the Catholic Church. It's more along the lines of the Southern Baptist--with the likes of Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson.
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    I'm glad to see the muslim topic is back on the borards. I was getting worried that we may have forgotten about muslims, what with all the talk about illegal aliens and high gasoline prices.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    One Word "FEAR"

I can relate to "fear". However, their "fear" should be that us non-Muslims will start to believe that all Muslims believe in terrorist attacks against us.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY
    tr fox: And if they did, I suspect you, among others, would claim it's just a publicity stunt and not meant as was said when some Muslim leaders condemned other attacks.

BTW, there is no single Islamic "religious" leader along the lines of the Catholic Church. It's more along the lines of the Southern Baptist--with the likes of Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson.

Let the non-violent Muslims put out a world message of non-violence and then give me a chance to "claim it's just a publicity stunt."; or not.

In regards to no single Muslim leader, that didn't stop or even slow the Muslim organizers that violently protested against a cartoon.
    edited November -1
    Oh, BTW Hairy, since you are not Muslim (I think) why the hell are you always so quick and eager to jump in and "explain" the Muslim side?

If a criminal raped your beloved female relative, are you so open minded about explainin "both sides" that you would jump in and "explain" the rapist side?

Just curious.
  • KK Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry...but if every Muslim vanished today...I would not miss em!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by K
    Sorry...but if every Muslim vanished today...I would not miss em!

Try as I may, I cannot find anyway whatsoever that the Muslim nation adds anything to my life.
    edited November -1
    Sadly...once upon a time...the Islamic world WAS the last refuge for the works of the Greeks, Romans, Egypt and such. While Christian Europe was burniing the old works....the Islamic world preserved them.
    Now....how ever...they are a blight upon the world.
    While I would not advocate extermination I would not lift a finger to save any of them either. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by K
    Sadly...once upon a time...the Islamic world WAS the last refuge for the works of the Greeks, Romans, Egypt and such. While Christian Europe was burniing the old works....the Islamic world preserved them.
    Now....how ever...they are a blight upon the world.
    While I would not advocate extermination I would not lift a finger to save any of them either. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

it looks to me like they reached that same phase today that Christianity was at when they were destroying the works of the ancients.
    If they manage to keep from provoking us into killing them all, perhaps their religion too will grow out of "that phase". So far they have yet to convince me that they can do that.
    edited November -1
  • AlbertLumAlbertLum Member Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i had a similiar thought or question about muslims and protesting in america. EVERY group known to man has had a big protest in america at some point. however, i havent seen a muslim march inside american for ANY reason. you often hear muslims talking about how bad they have it in the world because of american transgression or foreign policy but for some reason they have never marched in america. my personal belief is that muslims inside america know how good it is here and secretly they are content with life in america.

OR...they dont want to march because the feds would be all over them with surveilance and tracking. as they should
    edited November -1
    tr fox: quote: Oh, BTW Hairy, since you are not Muslim (I think) why the hell are you always so quick and eager to jump in and "explain" the Muslim side? Because you are so ignorant, even of the little things. And you don't have to say thank you, either.
  • CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
    edited November -1
    why should hairy defend them?

Because when one openly attacks a group and does not even want to hear the other side, it is that much easier to dismiss their entire argument as one of closeminded racist nutjobs.

You seem to think if you get more PO'd, advocate even more radical action, widen your defenition of the enemy, that more people will join your fight against the real enemy.

That is not the case.... I think you should be extremly carefull when making statements... in todays PC age, what you do is counter productive to your cause.

I do not blindly bash Bush, and I get mad when liberals do so, I will even argue in favor of bush when the claims have no merit (for the most recent example, see the dictator thread).

Likewise, I do not blindly bash liberals, nor blindly support certain people. I recently was in a conversation withsomeone about how reagan was in fact, not the greatest president ever as he claimed.

I support legalization of pot, but think all those studies showing medicinal value of it(for things other than pain releiver) yada yada yada, are BS. If you want to get high and think you have the right to do so, then say so, I am so sick of hippy stoners talking about fighting for patients rights when all they want to do is legalize the pot they smoke so they can get it cheaper and smoke more.

Lets face it.... this entire topic is counterproductive to producing moderation, which is more of what this world needs.

It seems once you decide to support and issue, you will support any argument that somehow advances your view no matter how flawed the logic is.

Ok, why no million muslim marches? why no million american marches against illegal immigration, all i have heard about so far is maybe 4 or 5 guys standing on an overpass waving a flag.

Why did no one march against the KKK if you truly didnt support their terror tactics of lynching black people, burning crosses, showing up in the middle of the night dressed in robes etc.
    Cause it wasnt you doing it, and your gonna go about your fat content life.
    The muslims in america... arent gonna protest the attacks on 9/11, who the heck are the gonna protest too?

Are they gonna arrange mass transit to mecha and protest there, yea right, theyd all be killed.

This is just another attempt to say all muslims are bad. I will agree the muslim religion is on a whole a detriment to this world, I will agree we need to get rid of the fanatical muslims willing to kill for their interpretation of their religion.
    I will not agree that all muslims are bad, as you imply by citing their inaction.

Hairy is jsut trying to get it through your thick indoctrinated skulls that this isnt the case.
    Extremism wont get you anywhere.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:tr fox Posted
    On a pretty small, weak scale, I hear from various sources that the mainstream Muslims are peaceful people who do not support the violent, terrorist Muslims. And I am told that those terrorists have hijacked the Koran and are preverting it and that the peaceful Muslims do not interpert the Koran as do the violent Muslim terrorists. And as I said, I usually get this message on a very small scale, usually one person talking to me or to several other people. With perhaps only one or two tiny exceptions, I have never seen any serious effort to get a "message to the world" out to the people of the world, especially the American people.
    Been wondering the same thing. You would think that if they were really peaceful they would want to get the message to the uneducated like me. My education of Muslims is coming from the violent side, and I haven't seen anything good. If the good and peaceful Muslims don't want to speak up, how am I to know they even exist? I can only learn from what I see.

Come on peaceful and good Muslims, If you're out there, educate me!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by badwrench
    quote:Originally posted by tr fox
    slow the Muslim organizers That's just the thing.

The "cartoon riots" were not an organized kind of thing, as in it was not started by a group with a specific intent, inviting so-and-so 'cause they really stir people up, and we'll have a bake sale and punch and pie. They didn't all show up at the pre-appointed time and hurl Molotov Cocktails on que.

They were riots. And it started non-violently.

It started as a protest, a small group within the protesters started $#!+, and all hell breaks loose. Like those dip$#!+ college kids, they started out protesting a no-alcohol-on-campus rule, peaceably enough. Then, the agitators, well, agitate and pretty soon, a let's-march-and-chant-and-wave-picket-signs protest becomes a rock-throwing, car-burning, idiot-fest of a riot. Same thing. People, no matter who or what they are, where they are from or anything, people's stupidity gets ramped-up in large groups. A small group of agitators feeds the stupidity of the larger group with their own superior stupidity, and stupidity gets too big and takes over. Simple as that.

Well, yeah, but it's not quite as simple as that. Show me one other time in the history of the world where a specific race and/or religous denomination violently rioted, with even a few deaths and some destruction by the rioters, OVER A CARTOON FOR GAWD'S SAKE.
    edited November -1
    tr fox: quote: Oh, BTW Hairy, since you are not Muslim (I think) why the hell are you always so quick and eager to jump in and "explain" the Muslim side? Because you are so ignorant, even of the little things. And you don't have to say thank you, either.

Well, your "explaining" and preaching about the Muslims also goes to the other readers here so I assume you consider some of them ignorant also.

I would rather be accused of being an ignorant person who still criticizes the terrorist Muslims rather than be a Muslim spokesperson a.k.a. a Muslim "explainer" such as you are.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CA sucks
    why should hairy defend them?

Because when one openly attacks a group and does not even want to hear the other side, it is that much easier to dismiss their entire argument as one of closeminded racist nutjobs.

You seem to think if you get more PO'd, advocate even more radical action, widen your defenition of the enemy, that more people will join your fight against the real enemy.

That is not the case.... I think you should be extremly carefull when making statements... in todays PC age, what you do is counter productive to your cause.

I do not blindly bash Bush, and I get mad when liberals do so, I will even argue in favor of bush when the claims have no merit (for the most recent example, see the dictator thread).

Likewise, I do not blindly bash liberals, nor blindly support certain people. I recently was in a conversation withsomeone about how reagan was in fact, not the greatest president ever as he claimed.

I support legalization of pot, but think all those studies showing medicinal value of it(for things other than pain releiver) yada yada yada, are BS. If you want to get high and think you have the right to do so, then say so, I am so sick of hippy stoners talking about fighting for patients rights when all they want to do is legalize the pot they smoke so they can get it cheaper and smoke more.

Lets face it.... this entire topic is counterproductive to producing moderation, which is more of what this world needs.

It seems once you decide to support and issue, you will support any argument that somehow advances your view no matter how flawed the logic is.

Ok, why no million muslim marches? why no million american marches against illegal immigration, all i have heard about so far is maybe 4 or 5 guys standing on an overpass waving a flag.

Why did no one march against the KKK if you truly didnt support their terror tactics of lynching black people, burning crosses, showing up in the middle of the night dressed in robes etc.
    Cause it wasnt you doing it, and your gonna go about your fat content life.
    The muslims in america... arent gonna protest the attacks on 9/11, who the heck are the gonna protest too?

Are they gonna arrange mass transit to mecha and protest there, yea right, theyd all be killed.

This is just another attempt to say all muslims are bad. I will agree the muslim religion is on a whole a detriment to this world, I will agree we need to get rid of the fanatical muslims willing to kill for their interpretation of their religion.
    I will not agree that all muslims are bad, as you imply by citing their inaction.

Hairy is jsut trying to get it through your thick indoctrinated skulls that this isnt the case.
    Extremism wont get you anywhere.

So-o-o...........I shouldn't inquire as to why the non-violent Muslims don't seem to want to post some kind of worldwide message that they actually do oppose their terrorist cousins?
    edited November -1
    tr fox: quote: Well, your "explaining" and preaching about the Muslims also goes to the other readers here so I assume you consider some of them ignorant also. That's the trouble with making an assumption--you often are wrong as you are here. Since I address my comments TO YOU, other readers are fully capable of recognizing that my comments are not to them. Duhhhh.

quote: I would rather be accused of being an ignorant person who still criticizes the terrorist Muslims rather than be a Muslim spokesperson a.k.a. a Muslim "explainer" such as you are. Okay, so you want to be ignorant, that's a choice.

BTW, I don't recall ever supporting any Muslim terrorist--and, if you think I have, would you please post a link to where I said so so EVERYONE can agree or disagree with your implication. Thank you.
    edited November -1
    tr fox: quote: Well, your "explaining" and preaching about the Muslims also goes to the other readers here so I assume you consider some of them ignorant also. That's the trouble with making an assumption--you often are wrong as you are here. Since I address my comments TO YOU, other readers are fully capable of recognizing that my comments are not to them. Duhhhh.

quote: I would rather be accused of being an ignorant person who still criticizes the terrorist Muslims rather than be a Muslim spokesperson a.k.a. a Muslim "explainer" such as you are. Okay, so you want to be ignorant, that's a choice.

BTW, I don't recall ever supporting any Muslim terrorist--and, if you think I have, would you please post a link to where I said so so EVERYONE can agree or disagree with your implication. Thank you.

I am not going to waste my time researching and reporting back on your past comments which protray you as a terrorist Muslim apologist. But for anyone interested or curious about that, I would urge them to do their own research, or pay close attention to future sympathetic comments you will make about the terrorist Muslims, or to even pose their own hard questions to you about specific terrorist acts of the terrorist Muslims and weigh your response.
    edited November -1
    slow the Muslim organizers That's just the thing.

The "cartoon riots" were not an organized kind of thing, as in it was not started by a group with a specific intent, inviting so-and-so 'cause they really stir people up, and we'll have a bake sale and punch and pie. They didn't all show up at the pre-appointed time and hurl Molotov Cocktails on que.

They were riots. And it started non-violently.

It started as a protest, a small group within the protesters started $#!+, and all hell breaks loose. Like those dip$#!+ college kids, they started out protesting a no-alcohol-on-campus rule, peaceably enough. Then, the agitators, well, agitate and pretty soon, a let's-march-and-chant-and-wave-picket-signs protest becomes a rock-throwing, car-burning, idiot-fest of a riot. Same thing. People, no matter who or what they are, where they are from or anything, people's stupidity gets ramped-up in large groups. A small group of agitators feeds the stupidity of the larger group with their own superior stupidity, and stupidity gets too big and takes over. Simple as that.

Well, yeah, but it's not quite as simple as that. Show me one other time in the history of the world where a specific race and/or religous denomination violently rioted, with even a few deaths and some destruction by the rioters, OVER A CARTOON FOR GAWD'S SAKE.
    Cartoons are pretty new, so I believe this would be the first actual cartoon riot, but here's a few riots that didn't involve Muslims, and a few were FAR more destructive, and were strted over something stupid, or by someone stupid, or because of plain stupidity.

The Rodeny King riots
    Watts riots of the '60s
    New York Draft riots of the 1860's (mostly white Catholics here! Lots of killings, destruction, puts the cartoon riots to shame!)

I could go on, but I just worked a 12-hour shift, and it's a quarter-after beer.

I am white but not Catholic. If you read the history and reason for the N.Y. Draft riots, had you been there and one of the effected, you might have joined the riot. The fact remains that the violent Muslims have made history by being the only group of people to riot over a funny picture.
    edited November -1
    quote: The fact remains that the violent Muslims have made history by being the only group of people to riot over a funny picture. So what? There exists a country now called the United States of America where people rioted over a $0.02 tax on tea.

And your point is supposed to be---what?
  • AbdulazizAbdulaziz Member Posts: 65 ✭✭
    edited November -1

I think it has to do with the sympathy thing.
    edited November -1
    Thank you, Hairy. Excellent point. That tax and the following events were the seed of war.

BTW, TR, I thought the cartoons were about the least funny thing I had ever seen. They were idiotic, IMNSHO. How would you feel if a Muslim newspaper in the US printed cartoons depicting Jesus in all manner of sacreligious images? Isn't there also something in the Bible about not depicting a certain deity (and to some, that deity is personified by their religion's prophet)? Oh yeah, that 3rd Commandment: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them. And folks think it is bizarre that some Muslims got mad about unflatering images of Muhammed. It's right there in the 10 Commandments, and the Old Testament is a holy book in Judaism, Christianity, AND ISLAM! One could say they are obeying "God".

In blue above. Surely you don't think my response would be to riot in the streets, threaten "death" to whom ever did the cartoons or to the country in which they lived, or destroy property and cause deaths do you? Apparently you think it is OK for the Muslims to have acted the way they did.
    edited November -1
    quote: The fact remains that the violent Muslims have made history by being the only group of people to riot over a funny picture. So what? There exists a country now called the United States of America where people rioted over a $0.02 tax on tea.

And your point is supposed to be---what?

That is ancient history regarding to the tea riots. The Muslim riots over a silly cartoon is modern history. Besides, especially you should be glad for that riot regarding the tea.. That was the beginning of the events which caused the formation of the USA, a country like no other. A country with such freedom for speech that people like you can constantly "explain" the violence of the terrorist Muslims towards America and not be harmed for all your "explaining".
    edited November -1
    badwrench: quote: I never, ever said I approved of any manner of riots, Muslim or otherwise, so please do not put words in my mouth. I do not think it is "OK" for ANYONE to act in such a manner, for any reason, thank you very much. Tr fox has great difficulty separating what a person says from what he "thinks" the person said. It is pathetically humorous to watch his transition from not comprehending and/or not misunderstanding what was said to accusing the person to going on about it from then on. And when asked for a post that supports his idea, we get the excuse, "Well, even though you didn't SAY it, .... ".

Am afraid, badwrench, you'll have to just get used to him and his misunderstandings and not comprehending what you say. [}:)]
    edited November -1
    Thank you, Hairy. Excellent point. That tax and the following events were the seed of war.

BTW, TR, I thought the cartoons were about the least funny thing I had ever seen. They were idiotic, IMNSHO. How would you feel if a Muslim newspaper in the US printed cartoons depicting Jesus in all manner of sacreligious images? Isn't there also something in the Bible about not depicting a certain deity (and to some, that deity is personified by their religion's prophet)? Oh yeah, that 3rd Commandment: Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them. And folks think it is bizarre that some Muslims got mad about unflatering images of Muhammed. It's right there in the 10 Commandments, and the Old Testament is a holy book in Judaism, Christianity, AND ISLAM! One could say they are obeying "God".

In blue above. Surely you don't think my response would be to riot in the streets, threaten "death" to whom ever did the cartoons or to the country in which they lived, or destroy property and cause deaths do you? Apparently you think it is OK for the Muslims to have acted the way they did.
    I cannot say what your, personal response would be, but I'm sure there would be some who would be perfectly willing to perpetrate some manner of violence. There are major whack-jobs in every facet of society, and they're just looking for an excuse.

I never, ever said I approved of any manner of riots, Muslim or otherwise, so please do not put words in my mouth. I do not think it is "OK" for ANYONE to act in such a manner, for any reason, thank you very much.

So do you clearly condemn the rioting Muslims as being violence-prone, ignorant savages for the damage and destruction they committed over a cartoon? While usually remaining quiet when innocent Westerners are kidnapped, tortured and beheaded on film by other Muslims?
    edited November -1
    badwrench: quote: I never, ever said I approved of any manner of riots, Muslim or otherwise, so please do not put words in my mouth. I do not think it is "OK" for ANYONE to act in such a manner, for any reason, thank you very much. Tr fox has great difficulty separating what a person says from what he "thinks" the person said. It is pathetically humorous to watch his transition from not comprehending and/or not misunderstanding what was said to accusing the person to going on about it from then on. And when asked for a post that supports his idea, we get the excuse, "Well, even though you didn't SAY it, .... ".

Am afraid, badwrench, you'll have to just get used to him and his misunderstandings and not comprehending what you say. [}:)]

For any interested readers who are doubt about Hairy's true attitudes, notice how he will often criticize and insult me for criticizing the violent Muslims, but he will not come out an clearly criticize the violent Muslims.

Why is that Mohammad Hairy?
  • CJ7nvrstkCJ7nvrstk Member Posts: 678 ✭✭
    edited November -1

For any interested readers who are doubt about Hairy's true attitudes, notice how he will often criticize and insult me for criticizing the violent Muslims, but he will not come out an clearly criticize the violent Muslims.

Why is that Mohammad Hairy?

I think we all know the answer to that one TR. Now the question is will you get a response without the personal attacks. I truly hope so.
    edited November -1

So do you clearly condemn the rioting Muslims as being violence-prone, ignorant savages for the damage and destruction they committed over a cartoon? While usually remaining quiet when innocent Westerners are kidnapped, tortured and beheaded on film by other Muslims?
    I condemn any idividuals who participate in such acts of savagery, Muslim or not. [red] Not all muslims are, as you contend,[/rred] "violence-prone, ignorant savages". There are people matching this description to be found in every nation, every religion, every race.

In red above. Apparently you have misunderstood me as you claim I have misunderstood you. I never intended to "contend" that all Muslims are violence prone. In fact I always try to preface my use of the word Muslim, when talking about the bads ones, but using such words as "terrorist Muslims", "rioting Muslims" etc. If I have ever recently referred to just plain "Muslims" without any qualifying terms, to be found anywhere in my post, that indicate that I am only referring to the problems Muslims, then I need to be more careful in the future.

In regards to condemning the violent Muslims, the single largest and most dangerous and violent groups on earth today appears to me to be the violent Muslims. And since I have little worry about terrorist groups, regardless of who they were in the distant past, today I condemn the violent Muslims.

I see nothing wrong with that and I feel that anyone trying to explain that there have been violent groups in the past does not excuse the violent Muslims today. Many people disagree with me on this and I call their attitude "moral equivalency" meaning that no one is evil because we are all evil.

With that kind of thinking (for those who think it) they will never be able to recognize, indentify or even name their enemies. And in a case like that, they will never be able to defeat or even defend from their enemies.
    edited November -1
    I apologize for the misunderstanding. It was on a previous thread that you posted words to the effect that the Muslims (with no descriptive modifier) needed to be eradicated. If I took this out of context, I am sorry.

For knowing you from previous posts I ain't mad atcha!