In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

walmart

mp5shootermp5shooter Member Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in General Discussion
Went to Walmart today. Ammo shelves were full. Bulk winchester 380 ammo 100 rounds for 31.00 . I do not have a 380 anymore. Hey but the shelves were full. The only ammo they were low on was 30-30 federals. They only had 3 boxes for 11.97 each, so i bought the 3 boxes they had.

Comments

• mp5shootermp5shooter Member Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    walmart SUCKS. had to stand in line for 20 minutes to buy 3 items. wanted to leave but wife said that we needed them real bad and she didn't feel like going to another store. just cryin a little bit i guess
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    READ THIS TO THE END.
    IT IS VERY INTERESTING!!!
    Wal-Mart vs. The Morons
    1. Americans spend $36,000,000 at Wal-Mart Every hour of every day.
    2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!
    3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.
    4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target +Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
    5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people, is the world's largest private employer, and most speak English.
    6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.
    7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger and Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only fifteen years.
    8. During this same period, 31 big supermarket chains sought
    bankruptcy.
    9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
    10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had five years ago.
    11. This year 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur
    at Wal-Mart stores. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 Billion.)
    12. 90% of all Americans live within fifteen miles of a Wal-Mart.
    You may think that I am complaining, but I am really laying the ground work for suggesting that MAYBE we should hire the guys who run Wal-Mart to fix the economy.

This should be read and understood by all Americans... Democrats,
    Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,
    it is now official that the majority of you are corrupt morons:

a. The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775. You have had 234 years to get it right and it is broke.

b. Social Security was established in 1935. You have had 81 years to get it right and it is broke.

c. Fannie Mae was established in 1938. You have had 77 years to get it right and it is broke.

d. War on Poverty started in 1964. You have had 52 years to get it
    right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor" and they only want more.

e. Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965. You have had 51 years to get it right and they are broke.

f. Freddie Mac was established in 1970. You have had 46 years to get it right and it is broke.

g. The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our
    dependence on foreign oil. It has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before. You had 39 years to get it right and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars.

AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

Folks, keep this circulating. It is very well stated. Maybe it will end
    up in the e-mails of some of our "duly elected' (they never read anything) and their staff will clue them in on how Americans feel.

AND

I know what's wrong. We have lost our minds to "Political Correctness" !!

Someone please tell me what is wrong with all the people that
    run this country!!!!!!

We're "broke" and can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc. and the last months we have provided aid to Haiti, Chile, and Turkey and now Pakistan ( the previous home of bin Laden). literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do
    they get any breaks.

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without needed medicines, and mentally ill without treatment, etc.

Imagine if the GOVERNMENT gave U. S. the same support they give to other countries. Sad isn't it?

*99% of the people receiving this message won't have the guts to forward this.

*I'm one of the 1% -- I Just Did
    BEING UNITED SAVES AMERICA!

I like the list of 13 things that I as a citizen want.

This is why Trump is zooming ahead. He is at least talking about issues that most Americans are concerned about. My mantra about Trump is this: We are usually in agreement with most of what he says but wish someone else was saying it. We are getting older and our tickers aren't what they used to be...so here is Our Special Bucket List for 2015,16....

HERE IS WHAT WE WANT.

1. Hillary: in prison!

2. Put "GOD" back in America!!!

3. Borders: Closed!

4. Congress: On the same retirement & healthcare plans as everybody else .

5. Congress: Obey its own laws NOW!

6. Language: English only!

7. Culture: Constitution and the Bill of Rights!

8. Drug Free: Mandatory Drug Screening before & during Welfare!

9. Freebies: NONE to Non-Citizens!

10. Budget: Balance the damn thing!

11. Foreign Countries: Stop giving them our money! Charge them for our help!

We need it here.

12. Fix the TAX CODE!

And most of all.

13. "RESPECT OUR MILITARY AND OUR FLAG!!"

We the people are coming! Only 86% will send this on. Should be a 100%.

What will you do?

Please send it on; if only to one person
    edited November -1
    I don't have to drive jap cars, and I don't have to shop at Walmart.
    edited November -1
    I was at the walmart about a week ago, picking up some prescriptions for my mom, took forever, about 35 minutes standing in line. didnt really mind that. Then this lady starts talking politics to the guy in front of her, and i heard he say, "If Hillary Clinton were president i wouldnt have to wait this long." Me and the guy across from me, just look at each other and smile, then nod in shame.
    edited November -1
    For all you walmart haters ..did I mention my wife got a free $50 gift card at the cashier on black friday. I purchased a Oster ( chinese ) microwave with it.
    edited November -1
    They are selling sig 22 rifles ar style
    edited November -1
    Is selling Sig rifles. I hope that doesn't mean sits quality is going to suffer
    edited November -1
    found a reason to brave the unwashed masses.....NOW don't get yur panties in a wad...we used to get honey from a local but he folded and been getting it from wherever, mix of US, brazil and ??? well kiddies, today we picked up a jar of Dakota Clover Honey....USA true source certified label and it comes from Barkman Honey (.com)of Hillsboro, ks......yummy yummy
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    whine whine whine.....jk. i've never done that at walmart
  • Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I cant stand the twenty item or less lines that have people with way over 20 items, I wish I could take everything over twenty and beat them with it.
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the wal-mart in my area put up some of those new self-checkout lines,
    the Dillons (AKA Kroger in some places) has a "15 items or less" on the self-checkout.
    Of ourse Wal-mart, being idiots, did not put such a sign up.
    So today I saw two students with a cartload of stuff trying to go through the self-check, and they were taking about a minute to scan each item [V]
    edited November -1
    that is almost like my experience today full cart load at the self checkout.
  • DieHard4DieHard4 Member Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tomorrow is a great day to go shopping at Walmart. With all the illegals boycotting shopping, there ought to be no lines in many stores.
  • RobatHrlyRobatHrly Member Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was living in Orlando I would wait to go until 3 or4 in the morning. Thats the best time to go, not so many poeple. Unfort. now I 'm back in a rural area and they don't stay open 24Hrs. A small price to pay to get back to the country.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I got a little ticked at Great Wall of China Mart yesterday. Dawnie needed (wanted) some things in there, so, needing a spark plug for the new 3-wheeler, I went to the automotive section to see if they had one.

The little electronic lookup console was broken. There was one lookup book, and it was for Champion only. Needless to say, the store didn't have the correct Champion plug. Actually, they had precious few Champion plugs, but a lot by Autolite and Bosch. But there was no way to look up the correct plug from Autolite and Bosch.

I asked a sales associate passing by. He shrugged and said I would have to ask someone who works in that department. I went to the counter and found customers stacked four deep, tying up the only two available clerks for the forseeable future.

I called to complain, and could not reach a manager. The only employees in the store were associates...NO MANAGERS, and no on cared to sell me a plug.

I told Dawnie that she should put her groceries back and go to Brookshire's and buy them there, but she wouldn't do it.

I went to a local motorcycle shop and had my plug in a hurry.

Wal*Mart??? FOOEY!!!
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah, similar problem in sporting goods at the one in Manhattan.

Although normally I buy ammo online, every once in a while I am forced to go to wally world. A couple of times I was left standing around until someone who worked there finally showed up, and there's the perpetual problem of ignorance. There's an older gentleman and a young "kid" (I assume he has to be 21+ to sell ammo though) who seem to know their guns and ammo, but most associates don't. One tried to sell me .22mag instead of .22lr, fortunately I wasn't born yesterday and could tell the box was wrong before I even read the label. I heard from our range officers that some bozo ended up putting a round into the wrong box after looking at two calibers. Another guy at the range then tried to chamber that round [xx(]
  • WinM70WinM70 Member Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Went in today to buy some ammo, 5 minutes later I'm back in my truck with ammo for the 9mm, 30.06, 22lr. Don't have problems at the 2 Wal-Marts I visit.
  • lazeruslazerus Member Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I get a 10% discount, helps me tolerate the lines.
  • Flyin_PaulieFlyin_Paulie Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ist of all, you must all know Walmart is not the creme de la creme of shopping experiences. Knowing this, we go there and gripe about the place afterward. It's sort of like knowing you're going to get a sore head if you keep hitting it with a hammer and you you keep hitting your head and gripeing about a sore head.[:p] On the serious side, I use the rear entrance checkout at the auto service area. There's usually no lines. The only thing they can't do there is weigh things like produce, but can usually do everything else.[:)][:D]
  • S. GrundyS. Grundy Member Posts: 67 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The electronics checkout is the way to go unless you NEED to be checked out elsewhere. Usually the fastest.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:The electronics checkout is the way to go unless you NEED to be checked out elsewhere. Usually the fastest.

That's another thing. I will not use the self check-out. Tried it twice, didn't work, had to call a live clerk over.

Then, I got to thinking about it. Why would Wal*Mart install such things anyway? It isn't to provide better customer service, that's for sure. It isn't because they care about their employees, either. They do it to reduce expenses and increase profits.

I was at Wal*Mart a few weeks ago with one of the nieces. We were standing in line to check out, not a big line, but there was another customer ahead of us. Niece suggested that we use the self check-out, since there was no one there.

I told her I would never use the self check-out as long as a live clerk is available.

She wanted to know why.

I pointed to the live clerk at our register, "See that lady there? Well, she works here because she needs a job to take care of her family. Every one of those self check-out registers puts a lady like her out of work."