In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

dsl hook-ups

hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
anyone out there in e-land happen to use a dsl; if so, are they worth the cash? We just had a township meeting last night and I think I bought one, still have time to back out....
The Buck Stops Here...

Comments

• reb8600reb8600 Member Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got mine 3 days ago and I love it so far.It is a lot faster plus I finally got rid of that worthless AOL
    Guncontrol-The ability to hit what your aiming at.
  • hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Yea, I hear you on the aol... we've hade our differences also. Here they are asking 49.99 a month, I figured aol wants roughly 25.00 and my wife demands another phone line,about another 25.00 I was just hoping to be satisfied with it. Thankyou
    The Buck Stops Here...
  • pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    had mine for over almost two years. Can't think of having anything else. Fast downloads, fast uploads, share files, download music...the possibilities are endless. congrats and enjoy.
  • AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had DSL for a couple of years, switched to a cable modem. Haven't looked back.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com
  • sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been on cable since 1992. Thought about changing over to DSL, but decided to stay.On a bad day, anything is better than AOL. Friend of mine just left DSL to try satelite, and is having major problems. Good luck with your new DSL hookup, you will probably love the download speeds. Nothing like clicking on a page and it be in front of you, instead of watching it "build"
    Have Gun, will travel
  • slidder12slidder12 Member Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my old dial up on a good day would buzz alongat around 38 to 50,000 bps...my dsl which i have had for around 2 yrs humms at 1,475,000bps
  • drawndrawn Member Posts: 544
    edited November -1
    Just started mine today, what a difference!! faxing, E-Mailing, incoming phone all at the same time? WoW!!drawn the connected
  • WEASEL-88WEASEL-88 Member Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've had cable since October, it's $42 a month and worth every penny, just click and it's there.
    Too Old To Fight,Too Lazy To Run!
  • Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've tried both DSL and cable modem. Cable seems to work out a little better for me, but it could depend on my local providers as much as the technology. Either one is far superior to dial-up. I'll never go back to that except as a last resort.
  • hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Thanx for all the come-back I guess I'll keep the order in. 280man
    The Buck Stops Here...
  • Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a cox cable modem and love it now that the conversion is done.
    Remember,"your woman may not find you handsome, But atleast she'll find ya handy". I love that show..............
  • drawndrawn Member Posts: 544
    edited November -1
    For those who need a free Fire wall. http://www.zonealarm.com I suggest taking the time to read the instructions, With my DSL estimated download time went from 10min to 40sec instantly.