In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New tattoo...need help...

Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
I had my idea planned for sometime in the future, then I told a friend. Two months later, my "friend" is sporting my tat. Not cool, and I was so pizzed! How low can you go!

Anyhow, I am now looking for ideas. I was thinking about some version of the Gadsden flag, but wasn't sure if that would be considered disrespectful. I always wanted a little garden snake tatt around my ankle, thought that would be cool. Gadsden flag snake? Maybe?

Comments

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Get "THIS END UP" tatooed on your *...
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

Get "THIS SIDE UP" tatooed on your *...

Er, her her,...you're funny, but then looks aren't everything...
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

But doesn't ECC already have that one? Don
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Early in my marriage the wife and I picked a name for our son, unborn at the time. We didn't tell anyone, then her brother had a boy and named him the same name, first and middle, exactly what we wanted to use!!!!![:0][:0] They had no idea.
  • MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How 'bout "Hello Kittie"![:D]
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12

No, he has notches...
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12

No, he has notches...

Oh yes, to go with the cheese. Don
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by matwor
    Early in my marriage the wife and I picked a name for our son, unborn at the time. We didn't tell anyone, then her brother had a boy and named him the same name, first and middle, exactly what we wanted to use!!!!![:0][:0] They had no idea.

I HATE it when that happens! My tat was supposed to be a very cool Buddhist symbol. She isn't even Buddhist! She just thought it was cool...[}:)][:)]
  • SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    USDA Prime Choice. On your *.

or just the tail of a snake, on you inner thigh?

Puddy cat prints going up your Inner thigh?
  • EMCSEMCS Member Posts: 4,063
    edited November -1
    I have never understood why anyone would get a tattoo.. .
    I know it was popular for military personal ..
    And because of my age [ 65 ] I can Not understand why any woman would want one , Hey it's your body I'm not judging , just wondering why..[?][?]
    Please inform me as to why ..I want t learn new things..
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    how about a merlin the magician, or a wizard, and make the snake his stick[:D]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-478234/Hes-English-Welsh--Scots-claim-Merlin-magician-own.html

Not into wizards or magicians, nor am I Scotch/Irish nor Anglo. But a good thought nonetheless.[:)]
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    you ain't buddhist either[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SWAT 50
    USDA Prime Choice. On your *.

That would simply be redundant.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    you ain't buddhist either[:D]

I do try...[:D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Both ideas sound pretty cool...placement is key on a woman...Let us know what you come up with...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by emcs.security
    I have never understood why anyone would get a tattoo.. .
    I know it was popular for military personal ..
    And because of my age [ 65 ] I can Not understand why any woman would want one , Hey it's your body I'm not judging , just wondering why..[?][?]
    Please inform me as to why ..I want t learn new things..

Body ID, pure and simple. Like in the Crusades, how the Christians bodies were identified from the Muslims by a cross tattooed on their chest.

I always wanted one. I don't know why. My ex disaprooved strongly. I suppose this has something to do with it. After my 5 year mark of breast cancer survival, I got my first tattoo. I drew it, it was a personal thing.

Mike has a very nonchalant "whatever" approach to the whole deal.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC
    Both ideas sound pretty cool...placement is key on a woman...Let us know what you come up with...

Agreed. Get a tat of Porter Wagoner inside one thigh, Welon Jennings on the other.

..then you can say the guy in the middle is Willie Nelson.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette

Agreed. Get a tat of Porter Wagoner inside one thigh, Welon Jennings on the other.

I don't braid...LOL
  • mjgcarpentermjgcarpenter Member Posts: 245 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two, a plank panther and my sons footprints from his birth certificate and his name. My wife is due in Sept and I'll be getting our little girls feet on my back and somethin to represent my wifes miscarriage. A tattoo is a difficult thing to pick. A flower or something to represent kids or parents??....look online
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Spent over 3k getting one removed. Never again will I get one.
    edited November -1
    I guess I was just asking if my idea was not offesive. I am extremely cognicent of how some get offended by the stars and stripes being marketed as aparrel, I have a kick-* Eisenhower-style jacket, circa WWII with ribbons, I used to wear all the time, until someome pointed out to me that vets might not like that.
  • surfscottisurfscotti Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    on a similar note from Mateomasfeo,

"Get "THIS END UP" tatooed on your *..."

how about "Exit only" on your bum...

-s-
  • joker5656joker5656 Member Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    maybe she is trying to tell you something
  • evileye fleagalevileye fleagal Member Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    anything but a tramp stamp.
    i've seen nice roses on the back shoulder or Brest
    bunny-ears on hip theres alot you can do
    with money an a high tolerance for pain.
  • RobOzRobOz Member Posts: 9,523 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't get kielbasa in the can...trust me.
    edited November -1
    I don't think it would be offensive. I have an Paratrooper Tatt on my chest that is a combination of a skull, the Stars and Stripes, along with the Stars and Bars...both displayed side by side above the skull.
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like the grim reaper with skulls at his feet. If you really like your jacket i would wear it. I am ex military and see it as showing support. How ever if i saw someone throwing it on the floor and stomping it i would probably get a free room for the night at your local jail. Look up tattoos on the internet they have pics of 1000s. Good luck and let us know what you get. David
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok ok i see where this is going, so yes you have my permision to use my name anywhere you want [:)]
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rcrxs old lady
    I had my idea planned for sometime in the future, then I told a friend. Two months later, my "friend" is sporting my tat. Not cool, and I was so pizzed! How low can you go!

Anyhow, I am now looking for ideas. I was thinking about some version of the Gadsden flag, but wasn't sure if that would be considered disrespectful. I always wanted a little garden snake tatt around my ankle, thought that would be cool. Gadsden flag snake? Maybe?

Andrea,

IMO, the rattlesnake from the Gadsden flag would make a fine tattoo.

I know a gal who has a rattler tat on her right leg. The rattles start on the top of her foot, and she has the snake coiling around her leg up to about mid-calf.

It'll hurt like hell, but all of them do, especially over bone.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to know a girl who had a nice Houston cityscape with the words "business district" tatooed you know where.

If I ever got one it would be a mariwanna leaf with an AK-47 over it..
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsfiredude

Andrea,

IMO, the rattlesnake from the Gadsden flag would make a fine tattoo.

I know a gal who has a rattler tat on her right leg. The rattles start on the top of her foot, and she has the snake coiling around her leg up to about mid-calf.

It'll hurt like hell, but all of them do, especially over bone.

I was thinking a snake somewhere on the chest might be cool too...
  • wlfmn323wlfmn323 Member Posts: 4,712
    edited November -1
    a take on the Gadsden flag? wrap the rattler around your ankle/up your calf, and DONT TREAD ON ME starting from the top of your thigh down.
    D
    O
    N
    T

T
    R
    E
    A
    D

O
    N

M
    E

in that fashion.
  • oldgunmanoldgunman Member Posts: 1,779 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette

I don't braid...LOL[:D][:D][:D]
  • EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Property of Hell's Angeles.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There must be a gazillion tattoos out there with the U. S. Flag or the Confederate Battle Flag. I don't particularly like it, but if that's acceptable I don't see a problem with using the Gadsden Flag.

The most original tattoo I've seen on a female was a barmaid in Portsmouth back in the early 1960s. It was a strategically placed "PAY AS YOU ENTER".
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • dcinffxvadcinffxva Member Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    A tat is IMO a very personal thing that should be given A LOT of thought. I have one, and it took me several months to decide what to get.
    (Got basically free. I had a garage sale purchase large Harley Davidson mirror that my biker bud/tattoo artist friend wanted for his shop. So we traded. I got a Sturgis type Medicine Skull tat, he got the mirror.)
    I will say that if you already have any tats, I'd caution against getting any more. Tats seem to be like Lays Potato chips. People can't have just one.
    And I've seen some very pretty girls who IMO have ruined their looks by getting too many tatoos. The chick "Kat" on the TV program about tatto artists is a prime example.
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    With a few drinks and some sandpaper and alittle hard work you can probley get your origional idea for a tat back.