In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Give AwayTime! "WINNER"!!!!

SG_NinerSG_Niner Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2007 in General Discussion
Just because! Brand new in the box NCIS season two. open to everyone
you just have to answer one ? to enter.What was the name of the company that the six million dollar man worked for?Ill pick a winner
on sunday!bonus ? what was the name of the female robot?

EDIT: Its about 6pm PST. now and my wife will pick a winner at 8pm.
Good luck![:D]

And the winner is................BHAVN!
Send me your address and I'll get it in the mail..Congrats!

Comments

• n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    OSI!

Enter me please!
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can we both enter OSI [:D][:D]
  • BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    OSI

FEMBOTS

Please throw me in. Thanks
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    We can rebuild him. We can make him better, stronger, faster. OSI!

The Six Million Dollar Man was an American television series about a cyborg working for the OSI, a branch of the CIA.[1] The show was based on the novel Cyborg by Martin Caidin, and aired on the ABC network as a regular series from 1974 to 1978, following a set of television movies in 1973. The title role of Steve Austin was played by Lee Majors, who subsequently became a pop culture icon of the 1970s. A spin-off of the show was produced called The Bionic Woman. The background story of the original novel and the later series is the crash of former astronaut Steve Austin in an M2-F2 "lifting body," shown in the opening credits of the show. Austin is severely injured in the crash and is "rebuilt" in a title-giving operation that costs six million dollars. His right arm, both legs and the left eye are replaced by bionic (cybernetic) implants that enhance his strength, speed and vision far above human normality. He uses his enhanced abilities to work for the OSI (Office of Scientific Intelligence) as a secret agent (and as a guinea pig for bionics).

Lee Majors as Steve Austin, The Six Million Dollar ManCaidin's novel was a best-seller when it was published in 1972 and was followed by three sequels. In the spring of 1973, Cyborg was loosely adapted as a made-for-TV movie starring Majors as Austin (although usually referred to by the title The Six Million Dollar Man, this film is often cited by the longer title Cyborg: Six Million Dollar Man). The adaptation was done by writer Howard Rodman working under the pseudonym of Henri Simoun. The film abandoned much of the plotline of the original novel in favor of a more TV-friendly script, and did not include many of the standard features of the later series; absent were the electronic sound effects, the slow motion running, and the character of Oscar Goldman (instead, another character named Oliver Spencer, played by Darren McGavin, was the leader.) The OSI had been the OSO. Austin also does not use the enhanced capabilities of his bionic eye at any time during the film.

The first film was a major ratings success and was followed by two more made-for-TV films that fall-Wine, Women and War and Solid Gold Kidnapping (which were original stories not based upon Caidin's writings), followed by the debut, in January 1974, of The Six Million Dollar Man as a weekly hour-long series.

The show was very popular during its run and introduced many pop culture elements of the 1970s, such as the show's opening catch-phrase and the slow-motion action sequences and the accompanying "electronic" sound effects.

For many years, attempts have been made to bring the story of Steve Austin to the movie screen. In the mid-1990s, director Kevin Smith wrote a screenplay (which he talks about on the DVD "An Evening with Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder" from 2006), and there were reports later that comedian Chris Rock was being considered for the role. In 2003, an announcement was made to film the story as a full-out comedy starring Jim Carrey but that project appears to be on hold. In a July 2006 interview at Comic Con, Richard Anderson (who played Oscar Goldman in the series) stated that he is involved with producing a movie of the series but the rights are in litigation between Miramax and Universal. A post on writer Kenneth Johnson's website, indicates there are similar problems regarding DVD release of the series in North America, although Region 2 (the United Kingdom) has so far seen the release of the first two seasons since 2005.

The upcoming remake of the Bionic Woman, integrates the Steve Austin series by having Jaimie Sommers equipped with an eye implant in addition to the traditional ones.
  • yawarakaiyawarakai Member Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SIO?

Office of Scientific Investigation

Enter me please, thanks.
  • sabb0007sabb0007 Member Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • slipgateslipgate Member Posts: 12,741
    edited November -1
    OSI - please enter me!
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
  • aramisviaramisvi Member Posts: 4,589
    edited November -1
    love NCIS...but i already have seasons 1 and 2...need 3 thanks for the opportunity tho.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    OSI (Office of Scientific Intelligence) Thats my answer and I am sticking to it. [8D]
  • IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please put my name in the hat
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    BHAVN,

Please, burn me a copy for the wife.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats BHAVIN. [:D]
    WTG SG_Niner. [;)]
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrads to both the winner and giver[:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Thank you SG Niner! Email sent. I think I may have a NCIS marathon while I am sizing brass.
    edited November -1
    SG NINER. I received the NCIS DVD'S. A great giveaway. Thank You.