In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I think I found my next pistol

catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
edited February 2007 in General Discussion
295L.jpg

Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine.

I'm not a big fan of the wheel gun, but I have to admit, I have a soft spot for this one.

Comments

• Options
    leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a fun round to shoot but everyone I know who's shot one says to where good ear protection. One guy told me that it was one of the loudest pistols he had ever shot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I figure I should own the reason why ammo for my M1 Carbine is considered a pistol cartridge.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by catpealer111
    I figure I should own the reason why ammo for my M1 Carbine is considered a pistol cartridge.

What kind of M1 Carbine.

FIL has a Universal he bought with 4-5 others from his brother in law. He want to sell it for 400 with 500 rounds. I thought it sounded a little high for what I hear about the brand name.

I do like the looks of Blackhawks and SUper Blackhawys though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    quote:Originally posted by catpealer111

What kind of M1 Carbine.

FIL has a Universal he bought with 4-5 others from his brother in law. He want to sell it for 400 with 500 rounds. I thought it sounded a little high for what I hear about the brand name.

I do like the looks of Blackhawks and SUper Blackhawys though.

Mine's an IAI, I think they're defunct now. It's all new manufactured parts and was advertised to have a match grade barrel, if that's true on not I don't know. I bought it almost two years ago for $500, since I've raplaced the wooden stock with a Choate pistol grip synthetic. Not GI, but its a nice little tack driver.

carbine2.jpg

Yes, I did turn an SBR(sinister brown rifle) into an EBR(Evil Black Rifle).
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    Leave it alone I'm bidding on it....
  • Options
    Dak To 68Dak To 68 Member Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had one years ago, great shooter, wish I would have kept it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by moonshine
    Leave it alone I'm bidding on it....

There's one on GB? I was just looking on Ruger's web sight and it caught my eye.