In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bushmaster owners

tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
edited March 2007 in General Discussion
Hey folks Ill ask this here and on the experts

I got a m4 a month or so ago here on the gb site and love it but it came with a muz.break and i want to change it so heres my [?][?]does it screw on and off it looks like it would but I dont want to mess with untill I here from a few of you.and if it does how hard is it to do or should I send it to a gunsmith.,

tazz

Comments

• buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    most are screwed on, they stay put with a "peel washer". some post-ban's were, I think, welded on. so, if you see a peel washer in there, you can unscrew it.

taking it off is a pain in the *. I had to put the whole gun under a mattress, lay on top of it, and go at it with vise grips to get it off... after which I think I may have unindexed the barrel in the upper. should have taken it to a gunsmith so they could use a barrel vise.

and make sure you unscrew it the right way, I think they're reverse threaded.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How long is your barrel?
    I have an M4 with a 14 and 1/2 barrel with the muzzle brake silver soldered to make it a legal 16 inches long.

SEBR.jpg
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • 4440rk4440rk Member Posts: 495 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check to make sure that the barrel is 16" long with out the brake. If not it is pinned/welded on. So then it will take a good smith to replace. A barrel under 16" would require a SBR stamp.