In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

A friends reply when asked to sign a petition.

CutiegirlracingCutiegirlracing Member Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2007 in General Discussion
I emailed a letter to a friend asking him to sign a gun ban petition this was his reply:

You don't have to worry, just because they ban a few of the guns doesn't mean that they are going to ban them all. I have 2 guns and I'm not worried about them whatsoever. Nobody is coming to break your door down and take your grandfather's squirrel riffle away. That's just good old fashion paranoia.

My reply:

I doubt if they ever come to get them, but to think a ban is going to stop at one ban is not realistic. They'll be more bans to follow. There is also rumor of a sniper ban in the works. Any high powered rifle with a scope is under this ban. That could easily include my granfather's 22 mag squirral rilfe. To sit around and do nothing is being unreal. Ask the people of New Orleans after the dikes broke if they think the goverment will come and take their guns. You can sit around and do nothing or you can take a stand and defend your 2nd amendment rights.

Traci.

Comments

• Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good for you. "It won't happen here, to me or my [whatever]" is the worst possible attitude. Remember: "when they came for me, there was no one left."
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is too bad that is the attitude of MANY gun owners.
    They fail to realize that the anti-gun people want THEM ALL. One at a time, or ALL at once. Whatever gun owners will LET THEM get away with.

We have to fight them at EVERY step.
  • Options
    spurgemasturspurgemastur Member Posts: 5,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Friend of mine's response to the whole Zumbo affair (paraphrased, but quotes are used to emphasize his position)

"I don't give a poop about the semi-auto rifles" (this poor bleen is left-handed, so semi-autos generally throw brass into his eye)

"But I will oppose any legislation to regulate them, simply because these guns are a buffer between the government and the single-shot rifles I routinely use."

Bottom line: my friend doesn't care if you're allowed to own an evil black rifle. He's willing to stand up for your right to do so because he knows that once they get your evil black rifle, there is nothing between the gun-grabbers and his wood-stocked single-shot bolt action rifle. He views your evil black rifle as a buffer between him and those who regulate fire-arms. And for that reason, he is willing to write letters to his legislators when bad legislation rears it's head.

My conclusion: You don't have to love the AR or the AK (or [name your 'assault' weopon]) to fight for them.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your exactly right, I would be persistant in explaining its not just a"Gun Ban". Its an illegal act proposed by our Goverment to infringe our Guaranteed Right to Keep and Bear Arms, which is the "Second Ammendment of the Constitution of the United States". Which was a guarantee by the Founders of this Nation that we have the freedom of owning firearms, and not ones our Goverment approves or disapproves.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Army of Arkadian Reparations demands an end to all previous Gun Restrictions and especially an end to the MG prohibition.
  • Options
    sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cutiegirlracing
    I emailed a letter to a friend asking him to sign a gun ban petition this was his reply:

You don't have to worry, just because they ban a few of the guns doesn't mean that they are going to ban them all. I have 2 guns and I'm not worried about them whatsoever. Nobody is coming to break your door down and take your grandfather's squirrel riffle away. That's just good old fashion paranoia.

My reply:

I doubt if they ever come to get them, but to think a ban is going to stop at one ban is not realistic. They'll be more bans to follow. There is also rumor of a sniper ban in the works. Any high powered rifle with a scope is under this ban. That could easily include my granfather's 22 mag squirral rilfe. To sit around and do nothing is being unreal. Ask the people of New Orleans after the dikes broke if they think the goverment will come and take their guns. You can sit around and do nothing or you can take a stand and defend your 2nd amendment rights.

Traci.

Good job trying to educate your friend. Some people just don't get it.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    See, that's where I'm different. Anybody with an attitude like that is not on my friend list. BTW my list of friends is real short.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    They fail to realize that the anti-gun people want THEM ALL. One at a time, or ALL at once. Whatever gun owners will LET THEM get away with.

Without using the guns....
  • Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup

Without using the guns....

So far.....