In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who's buying up the ammo? 7.63x39

RagnorRagnor Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited March 2007 in General Discussion
Anyone ever stop and wonder who is paying such exhorbitant amounts for SKS/AK ammo? Why is ammo that was bought at $0.15 or less a round selling for $0.50 a round or more?. Who can afford to shoot that kind of ammo? And that is the cheap stuff.
You know they gave millions, possibly billions to green berets in afghanistan to purchase arms and armorments from the local populas to "get them out of the hands of the bad guys". So that they could more easily gain control of the region.
Wherhauser does the same with trees.
Now back to the real world.
What makes you think them crooked politictions wouldnt do the same in the good old USA? Sure I know everyones out to make a buck and thats all good and well. I hope you do. But maybe just think about that and see if it rings true to yourself.
Maybe Check yourself, before you wreck yourself.
Hope I'm wrong.... But I sure do miss buying 100 rnds for $15.00.

Comments

• buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to gt 1440 rds for about 175 after tax. if I would have known, I would have stocked up and I'd be a lot richer right now...
  • FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The of Supply and Demand"[^]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I saw $190 for 1000 at a gun show the other day.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have more AK ammo than I probably need. I don't use it for anything... I don't think the DNR would like seeing an AK with a 30 round mag out in the woods being used as a hunting rifle....
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Notice how our prices on 7.62x39 and 5.56 have gone up in proportion to the war?

Like the man said, it's a matter of supply and demand. Plus don't forget there's such a thing as preferred customer benefits. Those buying muti-shiploads at a time will get their orders filled first and smaller buyers get to fight for the leftovers. There's just a lot less available for import than there was.
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    10 years ago, I saw the Chinese 7.62x39 go over $200 a case when they resticted the import of it. This was before all the Russian stuff started being imported. It is supply and demand plus the increased cost of copper and other material that goes into making ammo. I remember being able to buy 1440 round cases of Chinese for $100 a case in stripper clips.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HobbyGuy
    Although I'm not a big fan of steel cased ammo, I still see Wolf 7.62 x 39 available locally for $139.99 for 1000 rounds. It feeds well in my Mini 30 and Chinese AK, but of course it can't be reloaded. [;)]That's about double what it used to be.
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember Clintons gun ban and all of us stocked up, I think that's part of the reason.Dems in control and already have a Assault weapon ban in the house, fear and everybody will rush out and buy at any price.[:(!][V][:(][xx(][:0][B)][}:)][8][|)]
  • PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    I know for a fact that many iraqi army units use wolf ammo... Set supply with increased demand means price goes up!
  • ObiWanObiWan Member Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought it was because of China's demand of copper that was driving up ammo prices.
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Ergo, I reload my own with free cast bullets. Looks sorta silly, shooting a cast bullet out of an SKS but it shoots well!
  • BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Any military action happens and the price of the most popular surplus ammo aways goes up. .223, 308 & 7.62x39. Even the day after soemthing happens if you call a wholesaler to order it usually is in short supply and the price has gone up. I heard that Wolf is working more on their "gold" line (I think that is the name) brass cased ammo and is not producing as much metal case stuff. A few years ago we bought Wolf 7.62x39 for around $50.00-$60.00 a 1000 wholesale.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Look at the bright side of this. After the wars in Afgahnastan and Iraq there will be a heavy surplus of our favorite ammo and they will be selling it dirt cheap again.[:p]
  • Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MVP
    Look at the bright side of this. After the wars in Afgahnastan and Iraq there will be a heavy surplus of our favorite ammo and they will be selling it dirt cheap again.[:p]

Yeah!
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who is buying it? US Dept of Defense- to equip the Iraqi Army. While they can- before the Dems shut down funding.
  • mowartmowart Member Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The supply was bought up by us, fearing a liberal Democratic takeover. IF MVP wants to wait for the end of the wars, think about how long. It took the BRITS 35 YEARS TO GET OUT OF IRAQ. I'm not sure I'll be around by then.
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    quote:Who's buying up the ammo? 7.63x39

This man is buying up all the ammo he can find.
    00872197.jpg
  • RagnorRagnor Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 11b6r
    Who is buying it? US Dept of Defense- to equip the Iraqi Army. While they can- before the Dems shut down funding.

Now that, above all else, I can believe.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ripley16
    quote:Who's buying up the ammo? 7.63x39

This man is buying up all the ammo he can find.
    00872197.jpg

You call that a "man'??????
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whew good I thought my SKS's were eating again
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • DieHard4DieHard4 Member Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The prices for all calibers are going up, seems with pistol ammo a box of 50 rounds goes up about $0.50 every few months. Some manufacturers have had major price increases, with the cheapest ones a year ago now being the most expensive from what I can find. They say it is the shortage of metals, and companies increase prices due to manufacturer price increases. That is why I buy 9mm and 22lr, cause I can't afford any other calibers.
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    I'll be buying it up as soon as I buy my AK. Trying ot talk the wife into getting it soon before the Demoncrats completely take over in 2008!!!