In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Our President doesn't want us to know

TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
edited June 2007 in General Discussion
Lou Dobbs has a segment tonight that we have deported 125,000 and with the estimated 12 million illegals ( if YOU believe that)and that adds up to only 1% chance to be deported. My were making a dent in that number, 89 Billion a year to support the illegals and were deporting 125,000 and were getting over a million a year. Something stinks here. The Republican national party call today and asked several questions and I knew they were wanting a donation and I told them I wasn't giving to either party. When they made a stand on illegals and against gun control I might start giving, she said we hear you and I said they have had a chance the last 6 years and did nothing. Either Party isn't worth my money, their spending it on the illegals.[:(][xx(][V][}:)][:(!]

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Now if you can just carry that thought long enough to not contribute to the insanity by voting for some garbage in the next election.

That is the real question.

Acepting that BOTH parties have sold America down the river is difficult...but a necessary part of growing up and becoming an adult.

Trooping down and voting for the next 'made man' is merely a sign that you are condoning their corrupt actions...and makes you a part of the problem..NOT a part of the answer.
  • sotheresothere Member Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can hardly wait for the campaign mail to start coming in.I have a sizable stash of Pesos(coinage) that I'm going to send each of them in the provided envelopes[}:)][:(!]
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    They called me last week. I told the gal that they're all millionaires, they need to throw a few thousand my way. She wasn't impressed.
  • OJMayoOJMayo Member Posts: 704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sothere
    I can hardly wait for the campaign mail to start coming in.I have a sizable stash of Pesos(coinage) that I'm going to send each of them in the provided envelopes[}:)][:(!]

haha, great idea. i have a bunch of pesos here too, i am going to send them to both parties.
    did anyone see tony snow on oreily tonight ? snow said that in the 6 years bush has been president that they have made HUGE strides on the border and have stopped most of the people coming in.
    the politicians in america are just flat our lying to the american people.

btw - i am pretty excited about fred thompson, he look and sounds good. so far he is my fav of the republican candidates.
  • Mr. GunzMr. Gunz Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fshfndr
    Lou Dobbs has a segment tonight that we have deported 125,000 and with the estimated 12 million illegals ( if YOU believe that)and that adds up to only 1% chance to be deported. My were making a dent in that number, 89 Billion a year to support the illegals and were deporting 125,000 and were getting over a million a year. Something stinks here. The Republican national party call today and asked several questions and I knew they were wanting a donation and I told them I wasn't giving to either party. When they made a stand on illegals and against gun control I might start giving, she said we hear you and I said they have had a chance the last 6 years and did nothing. Either Party isn't worth my money, their spending it on the illegals.[:(][xx(][V][}:)][:(!]

BUSH is a dumb cocoa puffs
  • ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    The Republican Party called me too this morning. I've alway's been a donor but I told them the exact same thing fshfndr said. When I brought up the "joke" of the new immigration bill she said she's heard that a lot lately but would I still make a donation so when the Republicans take back control they can crack down on the illegals. I told her that they've had 6 years to do something but did NOTHING. She kept talking so I hung up. I'm done supporting the Republicans.
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    There is no doubt that both parties are playing the Illusion game! This attempt to make us believe that they have actually done something about border security has put me on the floor laughing sereral times. What a friggin joke.

Build the fence, put the troops on the border, hire some border guards, they think we are as dumb as the fleas that are coming across the border.
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    OK, so the consensus is that nobody will support either party this upcoming election because nobody trusts politicians.
    When you all wake up next year around January and discover that the OTHER party has won the election and intends to disarm, misinform, incarcerate and investigate American citizens, and retreat from Iraq in the first 100 days of their "cumbency"; would you take to the rooftops and start shooting bleeners, or will you settle down and grow accustomed to the yoke you wished were around your necks by opting out of the system?

Some "patriots" have suggested allowing the other party a solid win to show those in power that they disapprove (like what happened last election), but the only difference between that and a caca sandwich is that the sandwich only has caca on the inside.
  • Fatboy livesFatboy lives Member Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505
    OK, so the consensus is that nobody will support either party this upcoming election because nobody trusts politicians.
    When you all wake up next year around January and discover that the OTHER party has won the election and intends to disarm, misinform, incarcerate and investigate American citizens, and retreat from Iraq in the first 100 days of their "cumbency"; would you take to the rooftops and start shooting bleeners, or will you settle down and grow accustomed to the yoke you wished were around your necks by opting out of the system?

Some "patriots" have suggested allowing the other party a solid win to show those in power that they disapprove (like what happened last election), but the only difference between that and a caca sandwich is that the sandwich only has caca on the inside.

Why delay the ineviatable.
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Living in Costa Rica looks better and better all the time.
  • wtroperwtroper Member Posts: 736 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We see many posts here & other places directed at the problem of illegal immigration. Many of us are just venting. I have done that myself. However, few of us offer any realistic solutions to the problem that exists -- a border, thousands of miles long with no natural features that deter persons from crossing.

Short of a "Berlin Wall" structure & mentality along both our southern and northern borders, realistically is there a solution? If preventing persons from entering illegally cannot realistically be accomplished, can they be easily identified and sent back? How much manpower and $$$ will that require? How long will it be before they return after being deported?

I live in Texas. It is easy to walk into Wal Mart on any weekend and see numerous individuals and families that are here illegally. Many are easily recognized at a glance. Thus, it seems to me that identification of at least some would be easy. However, the cost effectiveness of the deportation system may be questionable.

Should illegal immigrants be charged with a crime (entering this country illegally)? If so, do we want to place them in our jails and prisons? We support a huge number of persons now in our prison systems. Do we want to expand that number consequentially? Will locking up a few deter others from coming here illegally?

Some of us in our venting suggest shooting at the border. However, this is just venting. I do not believe that many of us would really support such a policy here. The East Germans used to do that. We would not.

My point is that this problem is not a simple one. The solutions to it are also not simple. Bashing Bush or Whoever is elected is not an effective method of solving the problem IMHO.
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    ... and for the last laugh ...

Mexican.jpg
  • jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Both parties suck, in their current incarnations. Both could be good, if only some good candidates would run. That said, I'd vote for most any of the Republican candidates vs. Clinton or Obama, but that just means that I feel that one party has sold us out all the way, the other still has to take that step.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And Lou Dobbs is a great American. No bias or slant to the left there. He's a very honest and patriotic man. Bless you Lou Dobbs, and thank you! [xx(][xx(]
  • joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only one I will contribute to is Fred Thompson, if he runs. Or possibly Tancredo. Others seem to be wimps on Immigration.
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    I thought this was an interesting comment.
    When news 1st broke on the proposed Immigration Bill, John McCain reportedly said that it needed to rushed thru before a bunch of "EXTRACIRCICULAR POLITICS" began.
    That being the PEOPLE finding out what was in it and voicing their opinion.
    Evidently McCain isn't much interested in the Govt. of the people concept.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes and back in 2000 when most were fed up with the democrats they elected the republicans. Now that most are fed up with the republicans the democrats are back. The cycle will never end.
    Me I'm fed up with our government catering to ILLEGAL ALIENS that have no rights as citizens IMO!!!
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For about the fifth time,.........I will explain how to get rid of virtually all of the illegals here now, and eliminate the infiltration in the future, without even building a wall!
    First, and foremost,........fine the living daylights, to the point of going out of business, out of the employers here that are hiring these folks. Don't cry about 50 dollar lettuce,......won't happen!
    We have dealt with far worse situations before.
    Second,........eliminate ALL welfare program payments to illegals, and take away the responsibility for hospitals to provide them health care.
    Quit letting their children go to our schools, at our cost.
    AND,.........change the law, regarding the "burrito mama's", coming here to drop out a kid, to become a citizen. It needs to be changed to,...........one of the parents, verified by DNA, MUST be a full status, naturalized citizen, for the child to be considered an automatic citizen.
    PROBLEM SOLVED,........at very little cost to us. They WILL deport themselves,......faster than they came in here!
    The only problem is,.........it would take "cajones", which are not heard of in THIS country much anymore. We are too busy worrying about American Idol, or someone being called a "nappy headed ho", to concentrate on such matters.
    We will get what we deserve soon, if people don't harden themselves, and DEMAND change.[}:)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quote: "Problem solved .....at very little cost to ourselves...they will deport themselves."

+1. You pegged it. Spot on. Only problem is the first legislator to suggest this remedy will immediately be devoid of any corporate money donated to him. He will be left high and dry. You've no doubt heard that "we have the best Congress money can buy." This is true and will continue to be true. The only positive signs that I can see is the resistance from the public on this "amnesty" bill before the Senate. I really believe the Senate is startled by this and hope they continue to have their feet held to the fire. I also believe that even if (a very big if) the bill passes, it will be DOA in the House.
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Has anyone heard the story that Bush intends to pass this by "Executive Order", if it is shot down by either house of Congress?
    I have,........but don't know if that is true, or even possible.
    It sure is scary though, if it is true.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner