In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

There is a motorcycle in the garage...(pics added)

CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
edited June 2007 in General Discussion
I got out of work early, called the wife, she said she was at the motorcycle shop.

I met her there, she had already picked out the bike and was having the bike detailed for delivery. I was there for like 15min before I even knew what it was....

2007 Honda Shadow Aero 750

Jet Black with Red pinstripes. Man is it sweet.

It's turning heads everywhere, kids and adults alike.

Shadow3.jpg
Shadow2.jpg
Shadow1.jpg

Ok, here's the helmet. HJC, lockable shield, DOT AND Snell approved. $135/ea. Worth the money right? Absolutely. One for each of us.

Helmet.jpg
Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.

Comments

• SW 357MagSW 357Mag Member Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's a nice bike.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats.....lets see your helmet!!!!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mrs. Plaid says OOH. What is it. She likes it too.
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    +++++++++++++1 especially for a new rider. i know it may suck but i would try riding solo for awhile until you get a better hang of the bike before you two try any touring or even joy riding. it takes along while to get use to the way a new bike handles and it will be twice as hard to get use to with two people on it. i'm just guessing that your new to bikes buy the earlier post about passing your test. if you are new you have a lot to learn about riding before taking on passengers. i would hate to see that beautiful wife get hurt.

quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Congrats.....lets see your helmet!!!!
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The cameras on the night stand.[}:)][:0]
    Nice bike![:D]
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • sotheresothere Member Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    Don
    [:0]I was'nt going to say anything.What time did you get outa there[;)]
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sothere
    Don

Just in time it sounds like.

Hey, he's a good guy. That is, as long as he is funding the bike, I'm ok with it[;)]
  • Jeepgod2002Jeepgod2002 Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    congrats, nice bike
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    nice bike cubs, can you fit on that rear seat while she's driving?[:D][:D]
  • catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    She picked it out? You do realize that it is her bike now. Once you both get licensed, you're going to have to get a 2nd one because you're never going to get to ride this one.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I thought you decided to forgo the bike and get the gun safe and some guns?[;)] Nice bike. Am thinking about one to get to work and save some gas money. Be safe and have fun.
  • ljwrenchljwrench Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Ya need to go on a roadtrip to southern Indiana and drop in.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No pics of Tori????[:(!][V]

p.s. Nice bike.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Looks Fun Cubslover.
    Be safe and stay out of the old peoples blind spot.
    I just about got took out by an old man today. I guess I was riding in his blind spot because he merged over and would have shoved me onto the sidewalk if I wasn't watching him.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Free at Last, free at last. Great god A'mighty, y'alls free at last !!

Enjoy living while you can !!

Good decision !!

Doug
  • ReserveWCSOjrwReserveWCSOjrw Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What bike shop did you go to in town?? No matter ocngrats on your purchase!
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice garage! whats that crap sitting in it?[:D][:p]
    cubs, you know i like you so i will always be the down to earth straight forward guy to ya, like a pop would.
    if this is your first bike, looks dont mean squat. how well you can ride it, will.
    and im glad you got helmets, but dont be lured into thinking the magic helmet will save your limbs or torso....over even worse, your hands pinned under the bars as you slide down the road. get some heavy duty leather gloves.
    i hope other old bikers will back me up on this....dont go endangering your sweetheart by running out to the roads so you can look good on your bike. learn to ride it first, then learn to ride 2 on board slowly.
    as more and more bikes come to the roads, odds are everyones so busy looking good, that no one really notices anymore. theres too many. when bikes were rare, they turned heads. when bikes were hand made, they turned heads. bikers use to wave to each other and give 'the power sign.' you have a production bike. its a bike. just a bike. no better or worse than anyone elses. just have fun on it and dont worry what others think. parading usually leads to stupid distractions and next thing you know, youre down. pay attention and live to tell the tale of your ride. and if you think biking is the same family of old, try waving to a fellow biker and see what you get. count how many times you get a return wave. odds are it will be a low count because theyre afraid to let go of the bars.[:X]
    wax it, polish it, take care of it, and youll have it years from now. have good memories, not bad ones.[^]

and think of me when you change your first flat. you best have diapers on or your seat will get wet when it first starts to wobble at cruise speed! and your honey will rethink riding too![;)]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zulu7
    No pics of Tori????[:(!][V]

+1 ... thats the real reason I opened the thread!
    Hot chick on a bike, oh oh oh!

Nice bike ... be safe!
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very Wise advice bobski. Cubs, congrats and cruise on it not speed on it. I had many bikes thru the years but gave up on them cause of fool 4 wheel drivers. They claim they never see you...I made a very hard decision Never to own another 2 wheeler. I had Yamaha's, Honda's, Norton's, Triump's, and of course Harley's. Wrecking a Bike is just like getting Termites in the South. It is not IF you will get Termites but when.
    edited November -1
    heres my 750.
    IT...TURNS HEADS. welcome to riding.
    H2c-medium.jpg
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good looking ride there cubs [8D]
  • linthicumlinthicum Member Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice Bike
    Good advice, both you and your wife take a course, Around here they cost $100 and when you are done you get your license automatically.
    And remember one thing do not assume any other vehicle can see you. Because no matter who's fault it is, The bike always looses. Ride on the defensive.
    I am not trying to bring you down, just being real.
    Have Fun and Be Safe
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice Ride.
    Listen to what Bobski suggested..................Be safe and congratulations.
  • tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    This is a good place to insert a story about one of my heroes...
    The late great "Hap" Hathaway...
    Greenville Ohio was one of final sites in the running for a new Japanese auto plant... Well one day a whole carload of Japanese came to town for negotiations and to visit the possible site.
    Well as fate would have it they got their butt's lost and pulled into "Haps" Service Station. Hap a kindly old WWII vet walked out and waited on them personally..
    "You Fellers lost" he said.
    "Yes", they said, "we are looking for the for the new industrail park".
    Old Hap says, "industrial Park heh... You SOB's didn't have any trouble finding Pearl Harbor in that great big ocean I reckon you ************ can find an Industrial park in this little town without any help from me"
    A great welcome ,if I do say so myself.....
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...Not much to add, cubs, except what's been said. Riding two-up is really weird until you AND the passenger get used to it, especially at slow speeds. I never did get real comfortable with Cath on the back. ('84 Sportster) A heavier, lower slung bike might be easier.

..bobski, that Kaw triple brings back some memories, good and bad. Nothing in the world sounds like one of those wound up tight. On the other hand, a high school bud from the '70s will forever have the mental ability of a ten year old, from laying one down without a brain bucket.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sothere
    Don

Ya notice he found the camera after my post..........[}:)][:D]
    quote:I met her there, she had already picked out the bike and was having the bike detailed for delivery. I was there for like 15min before I even knew what it was....

I think we should get Tori a T shirt with something like this on the back:
    "If you can read this, He fell off"[}:)][:D]
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
    edited November -1
    a power stroke every 120 deg. raw power.
    they didnt call em purple people eaters for nothing.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    Nice bike and great color! I think that Honda would have been my choice also, its a nice size.

Invest in a back rest for your wife. Its a safety thing to prevent the chance of her falling off the bike. You can get the quick detach hardware so you can pop it off and on as need be. It does prevent a lot of injuries and allows her to relax while riding and not have to hold on quite so hard.

Ride safe and often!
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very pretty....and I am proud you didn't go with the "nekid" ladies with removeable stickers over their boobs type helmet.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Now we need pics of Tori posing on the bike...preferably with nothing on...[:p][;)]
    edited November -1
    We will be getting a backrest before she rides on it. My parents live in a rural subdivision, good roads, smooth curves, when it's time to learn how to take a rider, we will be practicing there.

Thanks to everyone for their advice. It shows that you care, not that you are trying to get me down.

I'll be back with a riding update later. I need to mow, then I'm taking the bike across town to work.
  • gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bobski
    a power stroke every 120 deg. raw power.
    they didnt call em purple people eaters for nothing.

Those triples were/are awsome bikes. Nothing quite like them!!
  • bondaibondai Member Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Helmets are always a good idea. It makes finding your head easier, you know....after...
  • cmd66cmd66 Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    750 is a little small.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cmd66
    750 is a little small.

Well, if you feel like shelling out some money. I be more than happy to get a bigger bike. [;)]
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Get her a back rest!!!! She'll reward you with sex![;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    Get her a back rest!!!! She'll reward you with sex![;)]

Danny,
    Do you think cubs will fall off? I have a feeling he is the one who will be on the back[}:)][:D][:D]
    Don
    edited November -1
    they didnt call em sissy bars for nothing!
    back rests make your girl not have to work so hard for the ride. teach her to hold on tighter and save the bucks.
    and too, backrests tend to trap the passenger in a crash by not allowing her to fall off the back. pinned legs in wheels are usually the result. my cousin almost lost her leg to a sissy bar. its marred bad to a point that she wont wear shorts ever again, and its been 40 years.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former NSSA All American
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cubs will have to change his name now, to some biker name, like Lone Wolf or somthin. [8D]
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sav99
    Cubs will have to change his name now, to some biker name, like Lone Wolf or somthin. [8D]

Just as long as he doesn't become one of those longhair , tatoo wearing, bearded, overweight, leather wearing, bikers.. [:0]