In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

There is a motorcycle in the garage...(pics added)

2»

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So sticking to your budget and long range plans is not going to be really easy for you two is it? I would be a good idea to arrange some retirement investments coming off the top, before the money ever hits your bank. Keep the shiny side up!
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Just as long as he doesn't become one of those longhair , tatoo wearing, bearded, overweight, leather wearing, bikers.. [:0]

[:D][:D][:D] Select-Fire, you're bad![:D][:D][:D]
  • trc313trc313 Member Posts: 3,475
    edited November -1
    why grey helmets?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by trc313
    why grey helmets?

They will be a lot cooler than black!
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You'd better email me your address so I can save you some money on those service/tech manuals.
  • Sav99Sav99 Member Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bobski
    heres my 750.
    IT...TURNS HEADS. welcome to riding.
    H2c-medium.jpg

Bobski: you really have an old widow maker? I had 1974 H2 when I was a younger man. Amazing peice of machinery.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idsman75
    You'd better email me your address so I can save you some money on those service/tech manuals.

You're a good man Jeremy![^]
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sweet ride Cubs. Honda's been building reliable machines for many years now, don't flogg on her or pamper her durring breakin and you'll get many miles of smiles out of her.
  • tobefreetobefree Member Posts: 7,401
    edited November -1
    Sorry I couldn't talk you out of it...that is a beautiful bike for sure... be sure to watch out for Gremlins...
  • asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tobefree
    Sorry I couldn't talk you out of it...that is a beautiful bike for sure... be sure to watch out for Gremlins...

That's what a Ride Bell is for. Not pokin' at ya' Tobe, but it's the cagers we need to watch out for.

And that brings to mind, one of us needs to send Cubs a ride bell.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I forgot all about that Ids. Thanks, email sent!

Grey helmets are also more visible than the black.

What's a ride bell?
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    Excellent choice. I've got a Harley, but you can't go wrong with Honda. That bike will last for years and you'll never have to touch it. Good choice in helmet, also. Get a windshield, too. It'll help when it rains, and looks cool, too. One more thing, an old man told me when I first started riding, when making short turns or u-turns, don't look at your front wheel. Look where you want the front wheel to go. Practice that in a parking lot and it will make those turns a lot easier.
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Don't worry about folks saying a 750 is too small. You picked a good one.

If you're comfortable that this is all the motor you'll be needing, give it until the end of summer on this one and then take a larger displacement out on the road. It's not just a matter of quicker acceleration or higher top speed. It makes for an easier and more comfortable ride. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

If you break her in right on the motorcycle thing, this one could very well end up being Mrs. Cub's ride and you'll be on the bigger bore.

BTW-Don't be surprised if the wife complains about the comfort back there after extended rides. The rear foot pegs on Shadows are high, which puts the passenger's weight in a rather uncomfortable spot ([:0]). You can pick up a set of drop extensions for the pegs that improve things greatly.
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    During the 1960's or 1970's a 750 cc bike was considered a massive engine, almost impossible to control. The 750 Hondas of the 1970's were the top of the line and plenty fast for taking on any freeway to all corners of the US. My 500 Honda was ridden all over the state of Florida and was as fast through the quarter mile as most muscle cars of the time. It would do a 14 sec quarter mile with little effort.

It is so funny how we have come to accept bikes with engines larger than many small autos! A 1.6 or 1.8L engine in a toyota is considered plenty. Some bikes are over 2L now! Harley is 1.5L and gets about 50 mpg.

I believe there is a bike now with a 2.3L engine. I don't remember the MFG but that a huge engine for a bike.

I do understand that the Boss Hog bikes have chevy V-8s but those are rare and I consider them freaks of the bike world!
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    sig232
    They have done the same thing with snowmobiles.
    They are so big and fast the average rider shouldn't even own one. They have more poaer and speed then anyone would need on snow trails.