In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

snow snow snow

hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
And lots of it. Brace yourself for a real midwestern winter [;)]. Can not wait till January of course thats not all that far off.

Comments

• hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    Anyone else getting hit like this?I must have 7-8 in. outside from nothing yesterday! Looks like I've got something to do a little later, heck I cant even see the neighbors house, either one! Michigan, the Winter-Wonder-Land
  • tidemantideman Member Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hunter, It's a shame you don't live in the GREAT state of TEXAS. I'm in a little town 30 miles south of Houston and the temp. at this time [7am] is 68 degrees F. If we were to get any snow in this part of the state we wouldn't know what to do. The Governor would probably have to call out the national guard. I'm sure it's pretty. However, for the life of me, I can't understand why anyone would want to live in a place that gets as cold as a freezer. I think I'll stay here, awhile, thank you.Tideman
    "Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"
    edited November -1
    Naw its not the freezer thing I like, now theirs enough snow to coyote hunt after dark without lights. I guess you have to be raised-up in this area to love it.I've never been to Texas but hope to come down their and hunt with ya's someday! I've got a special place in my heart for a small town north of Allamosa Colorado called fox creek also. Loved elk hunting their. I would get bored without the change of seasons.
    The Buck Stops Here...
  • old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    Right now we have about 18 " on the ground.Predict more this afternoon,and then a big storm tomorrow.The temp. right now is +9.Some of the reasons i live in this (freezer) land. No 6 lane highways-no gang bangers-no race riots-when i (go to the range) i open my back door.Need more reasons, i've got um. Born in Maine-will die in Maine.
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    We have had about 10" this week (NW Washington) Kids were out of school 2 days. I had to work though. I love it but my wife hates it.
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
    edited November -1
    Must agree with ole single shot on the room-to-roam thing I personally dont have a range but my father has a nice 250 Yd out his back door. I live in a town "so small you could through a rock from end to end" to quote a old song. We do have paved roads, 5 churches, 1 fire barn , within 4 miles of my house. of course State land is all around me within 2 miles in any direction. "we also have our own post office" I think its pony-express style.
    The Buck Stops Here...[This message has been edited by hunter280man (edited 01-31-2002).]
  • Ronald J. SnowRonald J. Snow Member Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    old single shots; where are you located in Maine? I am in Denmark and we have even less snow than you at present.
  • old single shotsold single shots Member Posts: 3,594
    edited November -1
    Ronald-I am in Somerville,midway between Augusta and Rockland.
  • WEASEL-88WEASEL-88 Member Posts: 998 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here in central Kentucky expecting a record high of 67 today, we had 7" of snow about two weeks ago but didn't last long. The bad news rain changing to snow tomorrow.
    Too Old To Fight,Too Lazy To Run!
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    10-12 inches of snow yesterday and last night. Currently freezing rain and expecting 2-3 inches more today and tonight. This is the first real snow we have had here in Nothern Illinois this season.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, we only have a few inches here in Sioux City this morning but they never plow the side streets so 4-wheel-drive came in handy until I got to the highway.
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Downtown Detroit is an ice-slick. It has been snowing and freezing raining all night. A tree in my backyard is bent over at about 90 degrees and is pulling my power line down with it. The worst part is, my largest client did not close due to this weather so I had to drive into work. Nothing like driving into work bouncing off the curbs the whole way!This is not fun...
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Wev'e been on the short side for snow up here this year. We enjoy watching all the action on News when they show you southern boys trying to drive after getting a big snow or freeze. LOAO. Better than a demo derby.
  • niklasalniklasal Member Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think that's strange? I live in southern Arizona. Imagine waking up and seeing snow on a Cactus.
    NIKLASAL@hotmail.com
  • sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time to go back to work, they got my Truck fixed. Air conditioning went out on it. Can't drive anything in this part of the country without it. Sure glad it's fixed.
    Have Gun, will travel
  • YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We need it out here so send your extra.
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Still have the snow we got in November, it's under there someplace. -27 night before last -24 last night. About -5 now but it'll warm up by afternoon. It is a little warmer in town.Clouder..
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I live in Northern New Mexico and we received some of that white stuff here. Mother Nature Looks pretty darn good form my front window.
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I live in Northern New Mexico and we received some of that white stuff here. Mother Nature Looks pretty darn good from my front window.
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The forcast for the Eastern shore line of Lake Ontario is Snow, Snow, and more Snow. They are calling for 7 to 8 inches by this afternoon, followed by heavy sleat & freezing rain, with significant build up of ice. Calling for about 1/2" to 1" of ice build up on trees and powerlines. Power outages are to be expected.The last time we got this stuff was in Jan 1998, and we were with out power for three weeks. They didn't hook us back up, until the day after the Super Bowl.Stay warm, and wacth for us on the news.Trinity+++
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not much accumulation here in central NH, yet, but sounds like it will be a PITA. All you guys that like this white stuff are invited to come to a party in the driveway . . . bring your shovels, shovels, shovels
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Southern California. We got snow here two days ago. Some even stuck around for awhile.The snow level in the mountains was down to 1000'. I was going up to Big Bear today but my wife needed the truck & I finally decidednot to take my motorcycle. Need to play in it for a couple of hours every year to get it out of my system.
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Still waitin` .218
    edited November -1
    Beekeep, Just take a little drive, 1or2 thousand miles should be sufficient. If you make it to MI drop me a line; I'll put some venison stakes on the grill!!
    The Buck Stops Here...
  • RUGERNUT3RUGERNUT3 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SNOW? WHAZAT? Man, day before yesterday it was almost 80 around here, bummer for Jan. When its winter...its sposed to be COLD!(with snow)....at least teens and 20's. On the RARE occaision it gets in the single digits...on the real RARE occaision it will get to 0 or 1-2 below ( MESQUITE,TX.)...like that cold 2-5 times in the last 30 years. Big snow around here is 3-4 in...must have been 5-7 years ago. Biggest snow I remember was when I was around 10...was just susposed to get a dusting, woke up and there was 12in. on the ground! Wish i could wake up with 12 inches now. Deer hunting was a bust for the most part around here....HOT was the operative word for the season. Had to head up around the Texas side of the RED RIVER to do ANY good...if you can call a 6 point 138 pounder good....after three HARD...HOT days of hunting, like had to walk to find him....a l-o-n-g ways. I just followed the trail his dragging tongue left in the sand!Only deer I saw too. Fair shot though...took him at just a hair over 700 yards w/my trusty iron sighted, Marlin 336 30--30 that has no buttstock,barrel is just a little bent too, damaged it when I fell 2000 ft down a mountain in CO. 4 yeras ago,I was lucky as a rock broke my fall..and was in and out of K-CLINIC in just 2 hrs...thought I'd raise a few eyebrows with that whopper! No, used my .300wthby mag. w/140gr. handload a friend did up for me...at about 125-140 yds. A whole lot better than no deer.....Wanna here the story of how I caugh my 15.3 bass out of a drainage ditch with my 30 foot cane pole using chicken liver......
    "ANY" EXCUSE IS A GOOD REASON TO BUY "JUST 1 MORE".& VICIE-VERSIE![This message has been edited by RUGERNUT3 (edited 02-01-2002).]
    edited November -1
    Heck rugerman I thought you were serious! Man you were my hero till I read on. I cant beleve that you would use a marlin! Wait...just checked my guns, thats a damn nice 30-30 you have their. Just like the one my father gave me for my first gun. 700 yds, is just begining to use the full potential of that sophisticated stylish weapon of extreme potence. On the level I have a couzin who shot a doe at approx 400 yards! Im still trying to figure that one out. Got another couzin that shot a doe at 150 yds with a marlin 32 special. We studied the deer for 5-10 minutes befor we found a hole, it was in the top of the head! About 6 feet back and 10 feet high was a freshly shot off branch.
    The Buck Stops Here...