In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many of you

legionkahnlegionkahn Member Posts: 4,055
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
are bored out of your mind. Damn, I got all my work done yesterday so I could have a long weekend, then ended up a work today anyway. I'm done, nothing to do but answer phones.

So here's a few topics to occupy some time:

Are Redheads really more prone to anger than normal people?

At what point does Florida seem less like the South, and more like California?

If you get drunk in Australia, and the room begins to spin, Does the room spin in the opposite direction as it does in the states?

What about on the Equator, Does it spin at all, or do you just get a "falling feeling"?

That's it for now...more to come later.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
Play Ball!!!

Comments

• legionkahnlegionkahn Member Posts: 4,055
    edited November -1
    Still chop your own firewood?[^]
    edited November -1
    that have done giveaways have pulled a name and said to yourself, SELF, this name I pulled only has 30 post so lets pull another one that has a at least 2000 or so? Lets fess up now [:D][:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    At the end of the month after paying all your bills, Rent (Mortgage), food, clothing, medical have 1,235 dollars left to play with???

yo-yo.gif
    edited November -1
    Will be buying Nordstrom's $85 rock in a leather pouch?

nordstrom-made-solid-pouch-rock-inline-today-161206_cd9314cc5654d8d735a3ca62d2e3025a.today-inline-large.jpg
    edited November -1
    are back to work steady.or still slow..or not at all
    edited November -1
    have One or more Children that Don't Speak To you
    Or Can't Work with You.
    Just Can't seem to Get along Much.
    And You Don't Know why??
    edited November -1
    Think The Law is a good person or whatever he/she calls themself.

AlleninAlaska

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
    -- Thomas Paine
    edited November -1
    Ride a Touring/Sport Touring Bike? I have a 06 Kawasaki Concours and it's a great bike I rode it up to Mt Airy and up Pilot Mtn 2 weekends ago it was great a little bit of vibration in the grips but I read about some grip add ons that are supposed to stop that. Anyway, anyone got any good roads to travel in the the SC,NC Ga area?
    edited November -1
    Carry a concealed gun, and let people know your carrying?

I know of a Few guys here , that I have seen when they get in a group, just have to show they are carrying a concealed weapon. Why is that?

I have observed at the Markets here (yes guns can be sold at the flea mkts) that at least one or two people will come up to a persons table, and flash his concealed peice, I have often wondered why they thought it necessary to do this.

undrgd.gif

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"
    edited November -1
    call family members over to read jokes posts,
    look at pics and stuff people post?

Sometimes this place has them laughing their ___ off.

tin foil and all[:D]
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Been doin it for my whole life.
    I burn wood every day in the winter.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The wood stove is roaring right now.

Just this year I cut and split 15,000 pounds of white oak.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    Not me. They have gas powered saws for that, now. I do, however, still chop my own kindling. There was a small factory nearby that made oak church furniture. I could sometimes get some oak scraps there. Talk about good kindling. Alas, they went out of buisness.
    I'm sure there's a king and a master who would have reveled in their demise.[8D]
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    The wood stove is roaring right now.

Just this year I cut and split 15,000 pounds of white oak.

Allen, the gypsy moth has destroyed a lot of white oaks around here. Mostly on National Forest and inaccessable even with a permit. Makes me want to cry.
  • HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    not me

No trees in sight in greenland
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Any of you folks live near a Port City? Lotsa free wood down there in the Harbor - Teak, Mahogany, Oak, Pine, Fir, etc.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    Not me. They have gas powered saws for that, now.

+2

I also use a gas powered splitter. My time is worth money.

With my saws, splitter, and a dump truck, I can actually do something else other than fart around with wood every spare minute. Makes putting a pile up quick and easy. The dump truck is coming home this weekend. [:)]

Now, anyone want to buy a 3/4 ton GMC? [;)]

Seriously though. Modern inventions like hydrolic splitter, big honking chainsaws, and dump trucks are not evil, like some would like to think.
    We could still be using horses to work fields too, but IF you want to get something done, it is better to get it done efficiently.
  • jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i use a chainsaw if that's what you mean, and hand split the wood
  • elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We still get our own wood. I keep two years ahead for when we can't do it anymore. We burn 6-8 cord per year[;)] Eddie
  • wittynbearwittynbear Member Posts: 4,518
    edited November -1
    I did until I joined the military. I split a little bit when I go home, maybe 20 min or so, but nothing like splitting wood all day like I used to. I use dad's hydraulic splitter anymore, because the splitting axe is dull and rusty. We don't need firewood down here in alabama, it doesn't get cold enough.
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    yep ,every year,just for meaness[:D]
  • mschexnamschexna Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a chain saw and I split by hand. I just order my Fiskars Super Splitter today so am pretty excited about that coming in....

I don't have to cut and split near the amount of wood as some but I do enjoy using my 455 Rancher and spliting wood...its good excersise and helps me unwind...LOL
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I did until last year. I am no longer able to cut firewood. I switched over to a pellet stove last year.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    yep. close to 20 cord this year.
  • k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
    Yup. Cut it to length with a chainsaw and split it with an 8lb sledge and two steel wedges.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Yep, chainsaw and maul here. If the wood gets real knotty or twisted/eaty I will use my neighbors splitter anymore. If the wood has anything going for it at all, it's way faster to split it by hand. I only ever saw one power splitter that was as fast as hand splitting, with nice wood.
  • KevinMTKevinMT Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i cut and split most of a pickup load most every sunday thru the winter
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Yep, its therapy.

IMG_4351.jpg
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cut & split 45 cord this past summer.

Trinity +++