In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mike Huckabee

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Anybody know how to find the opening for his show he done a rant on if the american flag offends you it's eaiser to get rid of you instead of the flag. About time a polotican says if you don't like it move

Comments

• grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Do the Right Thing

Hell of a title for his book. Guess he does not know what the right thing is after he Pardoned that idiot.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Can you believe he had that skunk Charlie Rangle on his show, and treated him like he was a regular guy?! Is the guy that dense?
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately he pardoned/commuted way to many as Gov of my state.
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If he decides to run in 2012 I guess he'll hear alot about this.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by we_dig_it
    If he decides to run in 2012 I guess he'll hear alot about this.

It was used during the primary. I followed it pretty close when I was a borderline on voting for a republican. Even gave old Huck a buck. He is a good orator.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not a fan of the huckster, but there is more to this thatn Mike Huckabee. I'd like to here how this guy made it past several governmentals who are responsible.

This doesn't stop with Huckabee.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    I'm not a fan of the huckster, but there is more to this thatn Mike Huckabee. I'd like to here how this guy made it past several governmentals who are responsible.

No, but it starts with him.[:o)]

In reality, blaming anyone but the mope who did the deed, is meaningless. Individual responsibility and accountability for ones actions.

The Huckster will bear a certain amount of responsibility for his actions related to this mope.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496

In reality, blaming anyone but the mope who did the deed, is meaningless. Individual responsibility and accountability for ones actions.

The Huckster will bear a certain amount of responsibility for his actions related to this mope.

He just accepted that responsibility on the O'Reilly Factor.
    What's next?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

Kinda-sorta.

He stated he had no info from prosecutors, which conficts with preliminary info.

We shall see what we shall see.
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that's one of the few things I liked about Dubya...

the libs gave him crap for being the "death row governor"...but maybe the 'people' put to death in Texas were the scum of the earth and deserved to be scrubbed from the gene pool???
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

Kinda-sorta.

He stated he had no info from prosecutors, which conficts with preliminary info.

We shall see what we shall see.

This was in reference to Clemmons violent activities while in the pen - and it could have been a dodge, but one that would be easily proved one way or the other, I'd think.
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KSUmarksman
    that's one of the few things I liked about Dubya...

the libs gave him crap for being the "death row governor"...but maybe the 'people' put to death in Texas were the scum of the earth and deserved to be scrubbed from the gene pool???

I think we might have the scum of the earth in government, and those put to death in Texas for capital punishment crimes.
    What's next?
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a person,he seems likable,but I don't want a religious right for president.I don't want a left zealot either.I would like a conservative valued individual.A Sarah Palin type.[;)]
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    dolt, the wrong thing?
  • HavegunJoeHavegunJoe Member Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clemmons was 16 when he was charged with burglary and robbery and sentenced to 108 years. That's kind of harsh even by my standards. The entire Post Prison Transfer board voted to communte his sentence. Huck commuted his sentence to 47 years, he did not pardon him. He became eligilbe for parole and when he violated parole he was not returned to jail. I'd say others did not do their job.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HavegunJoe
    Clemmons was 16 when he was charged with burglary and robbery and sentenced to 108 years. That's kind of harsh even by my standards. The entire Post Prison Transfer board voted to communte his sentence. Huck commuted his sentence to 47 years, he did not pardon him. He became eligilbe for parole and when he violated parole he was not returned to jail. I'd say others did not do their job.

how many charges, i'm just a little doubtful that anyone would get 108 years for plain robbery, and burglary, even 47 years , there has to be more to the story
  • ManygunsManyguns Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November -1
    HavegunJoe is correct, but someone sure screwed up after he was released.
    Tom
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a few other have stated Huckabee did not pardon this guy, but upon the recommendation of others he did reduce his sentence from 108 years to 47 years. This ultimately gave the parole board the latitude to set him free. Sure, this began a chain of events, but the court system in Washington set this last series of events in motion by allowing him to be released on $15,000 bail with eight felony charges pending, including the rape of a 12-year-old.

If we are going to assign ultimate blame, let's at least use the known facts.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    As a few other have stated Huckabee did not pardon this guy, but upon the recommendation of others he did reduce his sentence from 108 years to 47 years. This ultimately gave the parole board the latitude to set him free. Sure, this began a chain of events, but the court system in Washington set this last series of events in motion by allowing him to be released on $15,000 bail with eight felony charges pending, including the rape of a 12-year-old.

If we are going to assign ultimate blame, let's at least use the known facts.
    I agree as I know the facts per se.
    The unfortunate part is the Huckster also surpassed the previous 3 Governors in terms of some form of clemency by a ratio of 3:1 from what I have heard.

I would not vote for Huckabee to be POTUS if my life depended on it.
    He is a fiscal Liberal, and ANOTHER 'compassionate Conservative" like we just got rid of.[xx(]

I am waiting for the chance of a phoenix arising from the ashes that actually wishes to bring this country back to what it was meant to be, and was at one point.

Huckabee will only attract party voters whose main concern is the abortion issue. They don't care about anything else.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As an Arkansan, I am no fan of Huck. He is a BIG GOVERNMENT republican. He raised taxes many times here in AR. To include; several sales taxes, added taxes on fuel and tobacco, he even enacted taxes on home warranties and termite insurance -- items that are not normally taxed. He also grew state government by 20% and implimented a state health care insurance program. While he presents himself as a fiscal conservative when espousing his ideology on TV, his record here on AR reflects quite the opposite.