In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Tried to close

Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Well, we tried to close on our house today. they told us to be there at 9am. we were on time but nothing else was, the paperwork wasnt there, that came at 1:30 cst and when we started signing the papers we were informed that I missed the money wire cutoff, that was at 2 est. so we left the title company at 3:30 not knowing anything. tomarrow we will resume again. I love staying at home with no pay waiting for the bank to do thier job.

Comments

• SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    here we just go in and sign leave then they let us know know when everything is signed and money is transfeered
  • Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    not here I am sitting at home waiting for the call its complete or if I need to go sign paperwork thats a hour away.
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel for you. I hope the home is worth it.

I walked out of my first home closing because they threw me a curve. I was only 21 and I guess they thought I was an idiot. They caught me in the parking lot. They told me how much time and effort they had already put into this, FOR ME. I told them tough, that's your problem. We finished the closing only after they agreed to drop the BS and close the deal as made, NOW. It was a learning experience for sure.
    edited November -1
    its not, I just called the my lawyer and said get it done today or it is over. we were soposed to close 11 days ago. I cant take it anymore I am losing sleep messing up at work. I thought a closing was only to take a day not 3.
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5
    I feel for you. I hope the home is worth it.

I walked out of my first home closing because they threw me a curve. I was only 21 and I guess they thought I was an idiot. They caught me in the parking lot. They told me how much time and effort they had already put into this, FOR ME. I told them tough, that's your problem. We finished the closing only after they agreed to drop the BS and close the deal as made, NOW. It was a learning experience for sure.

My first house, the ticks were upset that I wanted to read the documents (ALL of them). I told them they should have sent them to me ahead of time like I asked. I made them site for hours until every question was answered. Man were they mad!

Know the difference between a laywer and a tick?

Ticks drop off after you're dead.

[:)]
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lucky_Lefty
    its not, I just called the my lawyer and said get it done today or it is over. we were soposed to close 11 days ago. I cant take it anymore I am losing sleep messing up at work. I thought a closing was only to take a day not 3.

Sounds like an incompetent Lawyer and Title company...I've closed on two homes and they both went well...took about 20 minutes to sign the papers and get the keys...the last one I had to wait a day or so to get my check but that was because they were late getting the paperwork to the Court House.

Anyways that sucks...it will work out if it is meant to be
    edited November -1
    Its the bank the motage broker and the document comapny that are dragging thier feet. the cut of to wire the money closes in 1:45min . they we will do it again tomarrow
    edited November -1
    it doesnt look like we are going to close today maybe tomarrow will be a better day. 3 days off without pay sucks. you would think the bank would not take 3 days to close oh well. after we close we are going to get a suv since my car took a crap. but we cant go car shopping until we close and I have to go back to work one day.