In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

opening day with pictures

wsm 325wsm 325 Member Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
season opener. saw 10 deer till 10:00. dad was with me and he shot one i got the other. dad is not very healthy so it was me to drag both of them out. what a chore. well worth it cause it was for the old man. mine was the neck shot. check out the hole punched by 139gr hornady sst. i always feel good when hunting with him. wouldnt matter to me if i didnt get any as long as he does. saw a buck in the early morning but he was "carring the mail" and no need for me to shoot at them running. increases the chance of cripling so i will just wait my turn[;)] each of us filled one tag and we have 2 each more to fill. always cherish the hunting memories with the old man. i am proud of him. not healthy but he goes and i keep a close eye on him.

1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

Comments

• brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    Should be some fine eatin there and yes, If you still hunt with your dad you need to cherish it for sure.
  • kyplumberkyplumber Member Posts: 11,111
    edited November -1
    yep, they're dead...

get the cavenders, my knife and some hickory!!!!
  • wsm 325wsm 325 Member Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brickmaster1248
    Should be some fine eatin there and yes, If you still hunt with your dad you need to cherish it for sure.

i do believe me!!! he says this is his last year for it "he missed 4 times" but i hope he is just kidding. just having an off day i hope[;)]
  • ~Mr. Colt .45~~Mr. Colt .45~ Member Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats...thats what I like to call whack em and stack em!
  • westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats, nice looking deer. I guess they won't end up splattered on 220 tonight.
    edited November -1
    actually took them not real far from there [:D][:D]

quote:Originally posted by westernMDhunter
    Congrats, nice looking deer. I guess they won't end up splattered on 220 tonight.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wsm 325

Keep up the good work. Alot of deer go to waste to roadkill along that road.
    edited November -1
    way to many. only saw 2 laying there today. used to be lots more but deer is becoming scarce lately.

quote:Originally posted by wsm 325

Keep up the good work. Alot of deer go to waste to roadkill along that road.
    edited November -1
    Scarce is right. I sat in my treestand today from 6 am till 4:45 this evening and never seen a deer. Saturday one deer all day, wind blowing like crazy. I think it's almost time to trade in my guns for a set of golf clubs.[:)]
  • catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    No one I've talked to up here in Northern Wisconsin even saw a deer this season.
  • bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    Scarce is right. I sat in my treestand today from 6 am till 4:45 this evening and never seen a deer. Saturday one deer all day, wind blowing like crazy. I think it's almost time to trade in my guns for a set of golf clubs.[:)]

I have some Ping Black Dots that I can't use anymore..[;)][:D]