In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

No,No,No,No,NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!

daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
I cannot except the fact that I, in my infinite wisdom, just reloaded 127 rounds of .243, and find that my scale was off 1.4 grains as I must have bumped it while checking the charge to set the powder dumper. Should have checked every 5 dumps like I usually do. Not a good idea to reuse the bullets as they will be all scratched right?

Comments

• simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Were they max loads? If not, just shoot them.
  • hunter280manhunter280man Member Posts: 705
    edited November -1
    I use a inertia puller also I put a cotton ball in first to not damage the tip as much
    The Buck Stops Here...
  • YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pull the bullets. I do it all the time.Scrounging is part of the hobby of re-loading. I love it
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pull 'em and shoot 'em. Unless you are precision shooting, and with a .243 I take it you are not, you will not see the difference.Clouder..
    edited November -1
    I say shoot 'em now (if it wasn't a max load and is now 1.4 over that). Make a nifty hunting cartridge, and with that many, you can practice with a hundred and hunt with the rest.
    edited November -1
    And hey, if your scared to shoot 'em, send me 125 and I'll fire up the old Mod 70 Featherlight and let ya' know if you can shoot the rest!I'm always willin' to help a fella' out!
  • beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    simonsbs....You are a prince of a man! To be such a selfless individual brings a tear to my eye. Beach LOL
    edited November -1
    Why thank you, Sir, for your kind words.Musta' been the way I was raised..."Always selflessly give of your assets, whether it be time, talents, money, or possessions, to help out a fellow human in need"...Thanks Grandpa, I'm tryin'.
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    O.K. thanks- I'll pull them and resuse the bullets. The load was 1.4 over. I get 1/2" groups or less at 100 with the load I have now and found that only 1.0 grains over gives me 1" groups and pressure feels high. I won't use these loads for show- just for hunt. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
  • songdogsongdog Member Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    DO all of you that reloadtst loads? I hope that you do. As for me, when i start out a new powder or load for a particular gun, I test half grain steps. If you all do this, I am sure that you know the difference that 1.5 grains of powder can make. Here is a scenerio from the range the other day. I was testing loads for the ole 22-250. 50 gr bullets, 6 different three shot loads to try for the best grouping. Here was what went down. BTW, this was an indoor 100 yd range. The groups varied from about 12inches to my final group that zeroed in at an average of 3754 fps, dead on at 50 and 217 with a grouping of .159.So with all of this sinceless above jabbering I would pull the bullets and remeasure your loads, sounds like that is what you are doing. Also, if you use one of those bedurring tools it makes the bullets go into the and came out of the the case with one of those inertia pullers. Like stated in someone elses post, be sure to put a cotton ball in the bottom of the puller, especially of the bullets have those polymier tips. IF you do not, the tips will be as crooked as a raccoons dinger.songdog
    Be bold in what you stand for, careful in what you fall for.