In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

on the back deck shooting 'yotes

guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
HA HA HA, WE got 10 inches of snow, think if it's nice out tomorrow I'll sit on the deck and call some hooties! God I love the farm life. What gun do I use?, choices, choices, choices!

Comments

• Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am green with envy.That's my idea of Heaven:Sitting on the back porch that you built with your own two hands, on land that you own, sipping on a glass of iced tea that your wife just made fresh, in your favorite chair while plugging away at pests in the yard with the 10/22 or the M1A. Someday...
  • guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I could post a photo I would show you the veiw!
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can see it now:Snowmobile suit on, over long johns. Hat with long floppy rabbit-fur lined ears and yellow tinted goggles, and a bright hunter-orange vest. The gloves are thick with insulation and the boots are two sizes too big to allow for the wool socks and foot warmers. Barely able to fit the trigger finger through the trigger guard, guns-n-painthorses sits patiently with a smile on his face and a thin ice-moustache forming on his lip. All the while he sits calling hooties (I'm not sure what a hootie is, maybe a coyote?) and thinks about how so many of his GB pals are green with envy.
    Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Did you find out it was the Cyoteees messing with your horses?
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As guns-and-painthorses' unbridled masculinity begins to stream out of his pores while he engages in the manliest of activities he sees an Iowa mountain lion with a muzzle full of fresh blood cresting over the horizon. G&PH's adrenaline begins to surge and thoughts of vengeance fill his mind...........
  • Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have someone else post the picture for you.
    edited November -1
    Oh yes, make no mistake, there out there - just below the ridgeline, in that brush thicket, in that tall switchgrass. Now we have snow, let the games begin. Not a easy foe by far, yet a plentiful as tics on a * dogs back. I will make my stand, and call with all my might, as to not dissapoint my fellow GB members!
    edited November -1
    otomanThink it was some local dogs. I have the cure!
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An unearthly calm settles over the motionless hunter as his practiced eye judges the range. The cat pauses, motionless, sniffing the sharp cold air, its mouth slightly open, tasting for scent. Suddenly the cat hunkers down, long tail twitching, prey in sight. The hunter slowly eases his rifle from the butt-down position by his chair and inches it slowly up to his chest. The cat casts a glance in his direction and its ears flatten, sensing the change but not being able to account for it. The cat's tail twitches as it studies the form by the house in the field. Twitch, twitch and then still, for the moment satisfied. The cat's gaze settles back on the prey and the hunter, ever watchful, brings his rifle to his shoulder and aims.The cat begins to move, belly down and disappears behind a small clump of brush. The hunter swings past and waits, sights settled on the other side. There! The huge cat is bounding across the ground, straight for the prey. The front bead never leaves the predators shoulder, swinging like a well oiled machine, the finger increases pressure on the trigger. Into the air the cat launches, eight feet of determined fury.The sear releases, unknown to the man and the pin strikes. Instantly the bullet launches, unerring, it strikes the cat in the shoulder. The tensed muscles ripple as the impact spreads and the scream of the dying cat rends the calm. Its heart split by the expanding bullet, the body crumples and piles up in a heap, steam immediately rising from the wound. Smiling, the hunter sets his rifle back down, picks up his rabbit call and sends across the prairie the plaintive call of the wounded animal. Twice more and then he settles back and waits, patiently.
    edited November -1
    You guys make it sound like a Tom Clancey novel. Guys, I'm just going to shoot some coyotes! I'm afraid the only cats around here can be called in with "kitty, kitty, kitty!" Wouldn't that just be a panic if a mountain lion did show up!
  • Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clouder and GNP:Thanks for the mental picture. I think I'll go sit on the cement porch of my apartment and watch the wannabe gangstas fly by my front porch at 90 MPH. Too bad there isn't a homie season. Sigh.Someday...
    edited November -1
    Evil ATF,,, you the man!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!
  • ADfreeADfree Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is, Evil. You just need to use the right call and bait to make them become a legal threat to you!!!
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reminds me of a guy I knew once who would leave the door open to his apartment while he was watching TV and tell his girlfriend to lay her ring on the table by the doorway. He'd set the loaded Glock 23 next to him on the couch and pray to the homie-gods that they would send him someone.
  • PupPup Member Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh GOD!!!!! "Homie season"?????????? Haven't laughed so damn hard in a long time
    Politicians, like diapers, should be changed often and for the same reason.
  • OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Speaking of cyotes I had a strange deal happen to me on the way home from work tonight. It was about 5:15 and still sunlight and I saw a cyote in a field about 150 yards from the road eating a rabbit. I slowed down to see if he would run, he didn't so I got out of the car and yelled at him and all he did was take about 3 steps and continue eating the animal while all of the time glancing up at me to see what I was up to, but he wasn't going to give up that prey for anything. I have seen them around the house running & playing in the tall grass only about 50ft. from the house before but I though this was kind of wierd...If I would have had the .223 with me we would have laid a little smoke on him. Auto
  • songdogsongdog Member Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that johnny stewart makes a calling tape for those homies. Produced 32 bandits in one night if you know what i mean. I think they used fried chicken for bait. I did not know that homies could drive that fast. They are rumored to drive REALLY slowly as the look for their next victim.songdog
    Be bold in what you stand for, careful in what you fall for.
  • fatbobcatfatbobcat Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was sittin on my back porch last week sippin on #9 of 12 puffin on my hootie call,when all the sudden a hootie showed up,damm thing swooped down and snatched up my * skin hat and as it flew off I shot the hell out of the one on the left,Just my luck, must have been the one on the right!