In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Well i tried to watch it.

brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
The wife has been wanting me to watch the classic movie "singin in the rain" and tonight was the night. After about 20 minutes of it i belive i would rather be hit with a sack full of nickels then watch another minute of it. Maybe its me but those male actors have to be gay in order to act like that. I guess ill just hang out with you guys and gals the rest of the evening.

Comments

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On a scale of 1-10 that movie rates a 7 on the all time list of testosterone depleting movies! You will probably have to watch We Were Soldiers to regain all that you've lost! Good luck to you!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Old-Colts
    On a scale of 1-10 that movie rates a 7 on the all time list of testosterone depleting movies! You will probably have to watch We Were Soldiers to regain all that you've lost! Good luck to you!

I have that movie. Its one of my favorites
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brickmaster1248
    The wife has been wanting me to watch the classic movie "singin in the rain" and tonight was the night. After about 20 minutes of it i belive i would rather be hit with a sack full of nickels then watch another minute of it. Maybe its me but those male actors have to be gay in order to act like that. I guess ill just hang out with you guys and gals the rest of the evening.

or maybe your just not secure in your masculinity
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, your weekends shot.[}:)][:D]
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • ZebraZebra Member Posts: 5,762
    edited November -1
    I was flipping thru channels earlier and caught about 15 seconds of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Willy And The Chocolate Factory. Then found some UFC fights! [:D]
  • Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    you are to watch saving private ryan and 300 immediately
  • watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    yep...my girl just went out so I turned the a/c down real cold and rapped myself up in a blanket, made some popcorn and put some tissues next to me on the end table and put in Broke Back Mountain.
  • jon ojon o Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by watrulookinat
    yep...my girl just went out so I turned the a/c down real cold and rapped myself up in a blanket, made some popcorn and put some tissues next to me on the end table and put in Broke Back Mountain.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1

What are the tissues for? Tears or ...?
  • brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1

Please say it aint so?
  • jon ojon o Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by watrulookinat

That's bad! Ish!
  • watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
  • Dakota308Dakota308 Member Posts: 4,162
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky

What are the tissues for? Tears or ...?

oh do elaborate "..." can mean so many things[xx(]
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I feel your pain. [:D]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a little schmaltzy all right, but testosterone depleating? Gimme a break! Only if you are extremely insecure or extremely immature.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have heard "Singing in the Rain" praised as an all time classic.
    I have tried to watch it, just couldn't do it.

Any man who owns a DVD of that one has got to be gay.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Every time I hear "Singing in the Rain," I think of the home invasion/assault scene in "A Clockwork Orange."
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Me too, mateo.[:)] I guess I'm not disturbed.

Oh, wait...who am I comparing myself to...?[:0]
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Hey, it was the 40s. Different times. Make up for it with a good Bogart movie.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brickmaster1248

i didn't make it ten minutes, and i even watched chitty chitty bang bang right before it