In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Chadyck's New 'Un

ChadyckChadyck Member Posts: 203 ✭✭✭
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
Celebrated my birthday a week ago! Well, I went out and got my first handgun today. I ended up getting the Buckmark. The thing that sold me on it was the 1911 style mag release, I just couldnt get used to the MKII's heel release (sorry to all you guys who recomended the Ruger), that and I got a heck of a good deal on it. Only disappointment was the fact that it only came with 1 mag. I havent even shot the thing yet and I'm already loking for something with a little more boom to accompany me to the range. Such is the life of a poor student, I could have bought the higher caliber (and more expensive) gun but then I would have had no money for ammo[B)], that and the guys didnt have a single damn double action .357 Mag in stock. Oh well, I gotta say I'm pretty damn pleased, now I just got to find some more mags for the Buckmark, prebans anybody?

A happy and (even more) poor,
Chadick

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Congratulations!

All collections begin with one!

Measure twice, cut once.
    calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
    Empty the clip!
    smoking_gun_md_wht.gif
  • sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chadyck:
    Congrats!!! Don't be satisfied until you get a 'barn full' of guns[;)]!!,,,sod

"We have therefore to resolve to conquer or die: Our won Country's
    Honor, all call upon us for vigorous and manly exertion, and if we
    now shamefully fail, we shall become infamous to the whole world.
    Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the
    aid of the supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate
    and encourage us to great and noble Actions." --George Washington

praying.jpg
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Chadyck, Happy Birthday and Congratulations! Check the screws on the sight mount and make sure they are tight! My sight shot loose on my BuckMark after a couple hundred rounds! No problem though! Then I put a Red Dot sight on it and it is more fun than eatin beans! The thing you'll run into is that those 550 round boxes of ammo do empty out!!! GHD
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Happy Belated Birthday...and congrats......May take some time but soon you will have a whole house full of guns...*LOL

Cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, that answers that question. [;)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.