In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

ATV ?????

COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
Is the can automotive fix-a-flat as good on sealing small leaks as the way more
expensive slime-green and other (atv) sealants.......

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
<')))><

Comments

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $5 for a blowout patch kit works great. They work on tubes or tubless if patched from the inside. Fix a flat is bad news.

magnum.gif

email.gif
  • 4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    I have only used the fix-a-flat on lawn mower tires and seems to work on small leaks but if it is leaking around rim does not work very well.

I have never had problems on ATV tires so never had reason to buy the green slime.

"By the time you can make ends meet,they move the ends"
  • The LawThe Law Member Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "Fix a Flat" is supposed to be corrosive(to the wheels)...don't know about the other brands you mentioned...but after 18 years of using "Fix a Flat" I reckon it's o.k.,...[;)]

"Don't mistake my honesty for weakness...
  • LightningLightning Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get the Slime.
    It's worth the extra money.
  • COONASSCOONASS Member Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yea I think it will be the "good stuff" for my bike....... I have both my rear tires leaking real slow..... Maybe so of dem backwood thorns......... Thanks for the input guys......

We Live in a World of Give And Take, But A Lot Of People Won't Give What it Takes.
    <')))><

<')))><