In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Hey! He Dog.

LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
edited April 2003 in General Discussion
I sent you a reply to your e-mail, man, but it came right back undelivered. Had a note attached saying "e-mail was blocked using dnsbl."

What the heck is THAT??[:D]

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.

Comments

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beats the heck outta me! I have had e-mails from several other GB members in the past week. I will send you an address not through GB. Thanks for the reply!
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    dnsbl is a BlackList. Apparently, He Dog's e-mail service subscribes to a blacklist service. The dns part is the Domain Name Service. That means that the address you're sending from Lowrider (let's say lowrider @hotmail.com) which in DNS translates to 64.4.43.7, among others, is on a blacklist. A domain can get on a blacklist when somebody accuses them of being SPAM relay agents or other nuissance e-mailers.

You can read more at http://osirusoft.com/

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
    edited November -1
    Thanks Concealed, interesting! I have no choice about the server in this case, but have not had such reports before. You don't suppose Lowriders rep is getting around do you?[:0][:p]
  • LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Using my best Shultz(Hogan's Heros)voice: I KNOW NOTHING.[:D]

But seriously folks, my e-mail is through GTE (Verizon). I wonder why they're on the scumbag list?

Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
    edited November -1
    Or maybe my snooty e-mail provider has YOURS on the scumbag list.[:p]

edited November -1
    Lowrider, did you get the other address I sent?
    edited November -1
    I'm at work. Hafta wait 'till 4:30 Pacific time to check my home e-mail.

edited November -1
    Great, I will be around here for a while yet or check it in the morning. Thanks for your help! If only the other 50 folks who have read this thread knew what they were missing out on, not seeing the e-mails eh? Ttoo bad Nunn keeps this G rated!
    edited November -1
    Dog: Same damn thing, man. Mail returned. Blocked by your service.

Oh well.[:(!]

edited November -1
    Dagnabit! How about posting it hear on the board, without the xxx-rated photos? Alternatively, maybe posting through the e-mail icon here on the board would work. Thanks!
  • .280 freak.280 freak Member Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You could always post them on the Bowhunting and Archery Forum; I understand that the standards aren't quite so high over there! [;)]

Or, just post 'em in "stealth" mode. [^]