In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

While I feel cockey, I would like to thank-

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited March 2003 in General Discussion
All of the Defense contractors that build the defense systems for this country
And the people (including myself and many of you) for the hard work and hours they put in to products for our Military to make our troops and country safe. In peace and war.

Thanks WJ for the E-2C Hawkeye project!

hsas157x100.gif
gun1.gif

God Bless our Troops

Comments

• offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was a Technical Writer for Magnavox on the AFATDS project, an advanced tactical deployment software system that could essentially analyse and control an entire war theater, but was laid off back in 94 and never found out if they finished and fielded it. I also worked for Magnavox on the Javelin shoulder fired self-aiming antitank missile project. Just a tiny nut in a very big machine; we all contribute, no matter how tangentially.

Of course, now that kind of work is so rare in Fort Wayne that I may become one of those well educated homeless wanderers you hear about. I don't know whether to move (again) or continue to sit here and rest on my laurels -- which of course no one pays me to do... [8D]

Life NRA Member

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I second that![:D]

Measure twice, cut once.
    calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
    Empty the clip!
    smoking_gun_md_wht.gif
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did the previous conflicts with all the fuel system parts for our Air Force thru a governmental contractor along with the fan blades inside the engines. We also built tank ,submarine and missle parts. Our company also made a lot of various parts for the shuttle programs for NASA. Just the sound of a Fighter Jet is the sound of Freedom.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are welcome for all the seals I made for the helicopters.
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    Other than pay taxes,all i ever have made were valve components for submarines. Maybe that counts for something.

shoot2.gif
    Where there is no vision,the people perish!
  • PRZNCOP110PRZNCOP110 Member Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Offeror-- my dad started with Magnavox in '93, now he is with Raytheon. I don't know exactly what project he works on, it is part of AFATDS. But they have something major that is up and running. With all the time he spends at different bases it seems to be a big project. He is sure busy now and may have to go back to Kuwait.

"SOCIETY PREPARES THE CRIME, THE CRIMINAL COMMITS IT"