In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pics my personal private range :)

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2009 in General Discussion
Under Construction

2518623400103563585S500x500Q85.jpg

The Work Horse!

2504624620103563585S500x500Q85.jpg

My Range House :)

2923426520103563585S600x600Q85.jpg

The completed range, I used sign posts across the trees and hung steel plates with chains from it. Some of the other flipper targets my buddy made.

2163953660103563585S500x500Q85.jpg

2499494490103563585S500x500Q85.jpg

Last my Red Neck flip mag for a .22!

2227160110103563585S600x600Q85.jpg
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    wouldnt a nice backstop be beneficial here? Not trying to be critical, but I would want to keep from damaging as many of those trees as possible. Nice range though!
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    good luck hitting anything with that viper. my brother gave his away. my old bbgun that shoots at a 45degree ngle is mmore accurate then that 22 was.
    +1 on the backstop.gonna chew those tres up bad befor to long. then again you might end up opening it out to 200yds then mabye 3[:D]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Sure is beautiful there in Bangladesh!
  • 17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    wouldnt a nice backstop be beneficial here?

+1...nice start on your project, but I would err on the side of caution and construct a good earthen backstop.

I'd like get some acreage and build myself a range too. However, I'm socking my money in to college funds for my two kids. Land prices have escalated here since 9-11 because many Down-State New Yorkers have moved Up-State and natural gas has been recently discovered in our area.

Good luck with your project!
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Backstop considered but nothing behind me but more trees, I own thirty acres out there with more forest behind me and dirt hauled ain't cheap.
    I can afford a few more trees chopped down I guess. I have signs on the back line "Fire Arms in use" same as the Federal range does.
  • remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    wouldnt a nice backstop be beneficial here? Not trying to be critical, but I would want to keep from damaging as many of those trees as possible. Nice range though!

Plus even if the land behind it is yours. You'll be still responsible for trespassers from a stray bullet...Just my two cents
  • mechman460mechman460 Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Astro MikeAstro Mike Member Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mind if I come over some time? [8D]
  • watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Astro Mike
    Mind if I come over some time? [8D]

Don't come in from the back of the property.[:D]

Nice set up you have there MOG.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Nice little piece of heaven you got there.
  • shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    quote:mateomasfeo
    Advanced Member

USA
    18621 Posts
    Posted - 03/31/2009 : 8:12:04 PM

Sure is beautiful there in Bangladesh!

some places are and some are like sess pools
    i lived there and i wont go back
  • bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice job. That land looks familiar. Lowcountry,perhaps?

I agree with adding a dirt backstop. Maybe some dirt-filled drums would be a temporary solution.
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't see any washers/dryers/ refrigerators/freezers/old ford cars..[:0]
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    looks like Eastern NC
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigt7mm

I agree with adding a dirt backstop. Maybe some dirt-filled drums would be a temporary solution.

Exactly! St. Stephen SC Drums good idea what about water filled? Oh yea guess they won't stay filled long :(
  • countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    Tires stacked up and filled with dirt makes a dandy backstop.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...Backstop??? Jesus, with just what trees that you can see...there is no way a .50 cal would get 75' (at most) thru those trees.

...Man, you could not ask for a better back stop than a stand of trees like that, at the most the bullet will pinball for a very short distance between trees, and then be stopped. I'd have no problem in standing 75' ft in, while shooting was going on, NO way would I be concerened with being hit.

...The trees are TALL to, with a berm or tires...could go up and over, the trees, no.

...At the ranch...trees such as this have been the only back stop for God knows how many thousands & thousands of rounds, the bullet hits, and looses energy, the bullet hits and glances...into another tree and so forth in a very short distance, trust me unless shooting into one particular area, a tree may eventually be cut down, but not likely, just highly splintered...and will still slow down/re-direct the bullet into another tree with a LOT of initial energy lost, just about the perfect backstop provided by mother nature.

..GOOD job mogley!! Pass on the dirt mogely, what you have is far better sir.

...,22 and every cal imaginable up to .50 cal...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    quote:Originally posted by bigt7mm

Exactly! St. Stephen SC Drums good idea what about water filled? Oh yea guess they won't stay filled long :(

Yeah,I figured St.Stephens/Bonneau area,judging by the trees,soil,etc.[;)]

I'm just down the skreet.[8D]