In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Women are EXPENSIVE. Geez!

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
I got off work LATE last night for a Friday night (around 2130 hrs). I picked up my girlfriend and told her that I would take her out to eat anywhere she wanted because I know she ALWAYS choses IHOP. We went to IHOP for lunch yesterday and Perkins for breakfast this morning which is reasonable. Last night she said, "I have one special request." I figured she'd want a big ol' hug or something mushy like that. Nope. She wanted to go to Red Lobster. She picked the most expensive appetizer on the menu and then that shrimp platter! I figured I may as well go for the gusto so I got the broiled seafood platter and a Miller Lite to wash it all down. If you're gonna do it you may as well go all the way so we ATE! It had been a long time since I had seafood and that flounder stuffed with deviled crab meat was to die for!

Anyways. To make a long story short, it was worth every penny because I got to spend the next 2 hours snugglin' up to a really good movie.

To the seasoned "pros".....

Do women ALWAYS have you wrapped around their little finger or does it ever change? One of my married friend told me that it's a sign that she's "the right one" if that's the case.

Comments

• bsallybsally Member Posts: 3,165
    edited November -1
    When you get married it gets WORSE![}:)][;)] Never even see my pay check, and have to ask if I can use the debit card. Nine monthes ago my wife decided we need a bigger house. Would have preferred to take her to Red Lobster.[:D][:(!]

SALLY
    Committee member-Ducks Unlimited
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They are also evil.

evilgirls.jpg

rug.jpg

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin 1759
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Do women ALWAYS have you wrapped around their little finger or does it ever change? One of my married friend told me that it's a sign that she's "the right one" if that's the case.

It changes, and then it don't in some ways, sure a few years from now you'll be farting, and pulling the cover over her head, but she will still have you wrapped around her finger, because she has "the power of the clam"
  • northern militianorthern militia Member Posts: 552 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i like my wife, i'll think i'll keep her. not many gals let you have a arsonal.

first rule of northern militia is that we don't talk about northern militia.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by northern militia
    i like my wife, i'll think i'll keep her. not many gals let you have a arsonal.

Just becaues mine doesn't like it, doesn't mean I don't and the fact that it will grow. [}:)]

quote:
    Do women ALWAYS have you wrapped around their little finger or does it ever change?

They will always have you around their finger, just remember that you are always wrong, and she is always right, and you will get along just fine. [:D]
  • hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    yes the red lobsters are pricey but its the price you (we) pay. my woman (err wife) is paying for my gun safe, truck, and the atv's in the shed

100,000 [:)] lemmings [:)]can't be wrong
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I thought you said she wouldn't kiss you after drinking a beer...you must be softening her up a little bit.[;)][:)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

www.galleryofguns.com
    VIP Code: AAAC

Veteran Owned and Operated
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ain't love grand? As long as she remembers that it's all about TRUST and COMPROMISE. Enjoy it!

Phil

Good luck and good hunting
  • littlema_3littlema_3 Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    truthfully I don't have guntech59 wrapped around my finger. I know of situation that are the other way around.

1911a,
    that is the the most disgusting thing I have ever heard. [xx(]

Mel

This Too Will Pass
  • eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Run while you still can!

O Lord,
    grant me the Serenity
    to accept the things
    I cannot change
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the supreme firepower to make the difference.
  • gitthatdawg2gitthatdawg2 Member Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am giving my wife a house for mothers day how do you like that price tag?
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Women are EXPENSIVE. Geez!

Just so you young feller's will know, they don't get any cheaper with age either![}:)][V]

How you doin'!
    wolf_evil_smile_sm_nwm.gif

The election is over, so the anti-Kerry stuff is removed.

If the Army and the Navy
    Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
    They will find the streets are guarded by
    UNITED STATES MARINES!
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    I agree wiith you completely idsman...
    ...the flounder with deviled crab IS to die for.[:p]
    Rcrx, rugged individualist that he is, likes to think that I don't have him wrapped around my finger. So, I let him think that.[;)]

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idsman75
    Do women ALWAYS have you wrapped around their little finger or does it ever change? One of my married friend told me that it's a sign that she's "the right one" if that's the case.

Don't know yet. I've just been married a little over forty years. Ask me again in ten. [;)] [:D]

01USNoff.bmp02USNesws.jpg03CWO3USN.jpg04USNal.jpg05USNfra.jpg06USNnra.jpg07USNvssa.jpg
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    You should have got more than a two hour snuggle-up watching a movie[^]

Delta.gif

tn_people112.gif
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    bsally said...."When you get married it gets WORSE!"...

When you get UNmarried it is WORST!
  • TexasVetTexasVet Member Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ids,

What what you've posted about this lady, it sounds to me like you found a "keeper". I know you're being transferred and all that but love will find a way, no matter where you are. If you both feel the same about each other, go for it! Man (nor woman) was meant to live alone.

Best of luck to you both !
  • bigride203bigride203 Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know but I've been told that you can get all you want from some women for $20![}:)]

You dudes get lost now, ya hear!
  • laisterrlaisterr Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Anyways. To make a long story short, it was worth every penny because I got to spend the next 2 hours snugglin' up to a really good movie.

So what movie was it?
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I, Robot with Wil Smith. Of course she got all excited when they showed him nekked but I got swatted when they showed the female naked through the steamy shower stall door.
  • ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    There are two kinds of women that can be in your life:

1. Those that have you wrapped around their finger
    2. Those that you have wrapped around your finger

The two categories are mutually exclusive, and you can never move from #1 to #2 (but you can move from #2 to #1, and every woman's goal is to do just that).
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I don't give my wife any money unless she explains in detail what she is buying and why. She then must produce a receipt.

I do it this because I love her.

[;)]

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:". . . (but you can move from #2 to #1, and every woman's goal is to do just that)." I don't agree with the rest of his post so much, but with this observation ZERODIN shows a lot of wisdom for a young'un.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    it only gets more expensive. the ring is the appetizer and the mortgage, car payment, and clothes are the main course.[;)]

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Youngster, it is time you understand: "If it has wheels or wear's a skirt, the probability is that you have to have it, even if you can't afford it."[;)]

My friend is one... who takes me for what I am.
    Henry David Thoreau

"If you do not allow yourself to find a positive way to get through the difficult times, you will become bitter. If you stay bitter, you do not get better." -- Joan Brock
  • agman1999agman1999 Member Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I prefer a related saying....

"If it has t(&^ or tires, it's gonna give you trouble."
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great. She threw a little jewelry catalog at me last night with different stuff circled. Birthday coming up. [B)] She's a sweetheart and she knows what she's going to get for her birthday. She's moving to Georgia later this month so it will be a nice gift to give her when we say "goodbye".
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    Some men can't live with them - some men can't live without out them.

I can't live without them.
  • ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Great. She threw a little jewelry catalog at me last night with different stuff circled. Birthday coming up. [B)] She's a sweetheart and she knows what she's going to get for her birthday. She's moving to Georgia later this month so it will be a nice gift to give her when we say "goodbye".

Big mistake. Big big big mistake. You have to keep her wanting more when she leaves, and giving in to her bratty "these are the rings I like, sweety" antics when she leaves just tells her "Okay, I have this one conquered and can have him anytime I want, let's see what the boys are like in Georgia."
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Where in Georgia is she moving? You may be in for ALOT of trouble. If she finds a true southern boy.... man oh man... I found one.

I get coffee in bed every morning, my shower is started for me, he cooks, cleans, does laundry, knows better than to go hunting without me and knows that the best answer is "yes honey"

You may be in for some competition.....

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't get in a rush Jeremy, if she is the right one she will be around until you are very, very sure.

By the way, Red Lobster is not an expensive resturant.