In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Two pistols used in WWII

LDThorntonLDThornton Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
For those interested here are some pics of two pistols used in WWII. The one on the left is a CZ 27 with original holster in .32 calibur. It has all the nazi markings one would look for. I don't know the history of this one. The one on the left is an FN Browning with original holster in 9 m/m (.380 ACP) calibur. This one was taken from the germans and then carried by a US soldier until the end of his service in the war. I will soon have a pic of the soldier wearing this pistol and holster taken during WWII.
Img_0006.jpg
Img_0003.jpg
My thoughts and respect go out to the soldiers that carried these firearms. I hope you enjoy!!

Comments

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If those guns could talk........the stories they could tell.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those are still in really nice shape. My grandfather brought some pistols back with him. Would always be interesting to hear who they cam e off of and where they have been. He was in Germany shortly after the war, not during.
  • LDThorntonLDThornton Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, they are completely functional with only a little blueing wear. The FN Browning holster has a date of 1933 stamped inside the holster flap and the CZ 27 has a date of 1942 stamped on the inside of the holster. These should be around in another 70 years.
  • joeaf1911a1joeaf1911a1 Member Posts: 2,962 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thats a damn poor couple of pistols to bet your life on. Good souvineers but thats it. As Infantry in ww2 we were taught that being captured with a enemy weapon did not make for a long or happy life.
  • hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joeaf1911a1
    thats a damn poor couple of pistols to bet your life on. Good souvineers but thats it. As Infantry in ww2 we were taught that being captured with a enemy weapon did not make for a long or happy life.

Just wondering...did the germans consider taking of weapons off of opponents to be same as looting? I know that during Battle of the Bulge, Germans found with any piece of American equipment, shoes, overcoats etc. were being shot as spies.