In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I'm on strike!

Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
The kids have me at my wits end. Robin's nest has been disturbed (after I told them to leave it alone) to the point that it is upended and the eggs are smashed on the ground,of course, when I ask who did this, nobody did it, yard is a mess, but when I ask them to clean it up, "I didn't do it", bedrooms, same reply. Boys being boys all afternoon, wrestling, tustling, being boys, 6 year old from nextdoor finally had enough and boots one of my boys in the balls,the one of my boys that this happens to (who is 10) is crying like a baby, neighbor child that they have been abusing all day is a jerk, blah,blah, blah,...
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt,...
I'm not cooking dinner. Children will not starve, as there is plenty of food in the house. But as they are coming to me saying "what's for dinner?"
Whtever you can prepare on your own...

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King

Comments

• rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    time for a whoopin?

annoyaliberal.jpgnotmyfault.gif
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Instant Karma's gonna get ya!

2002-05-21-shark.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis".
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Polite Psycho
    Instant Karma's gonna get ya!

2002-05-21-shark.jpg

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    Sigmund Freud, "General Introduction to Psychoanalysis".

If I don't get them first...

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    It sounds like you have been at my house all day.

I think these two boys live to fight with their older sister and when she is not home they torture each other. They are in the kitchen fighting over a pizza right now[:(!]

I am not a number I am a free man

sig

Volin.gif
    edited November -1
    Does your older girl pair up with one boy just to annoy the other boy? and then alternate her alliance?
    Is it girls that are evil, or is the triad?

edited November -1
    re-affirming my belief that just because a girl becomes an adult dosen't mean she shouldn't still be spanked. [:D]
    Love your signature...

Teenaged girls are a world to their own....
    Help me...........

• Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    Oh yeah, she has switches alliances and sometimes she goes on the warpath and can't stand either one. Then they gang up on her.

She is 16 and they are 12 and 10. When I get real mad at her I make her give them a ride to school or make her ride the school bus with them.[}:)]That shapes her up as it is worse than death to be forced to hang out with the little kids.

As far as the 12 and 10 year old go. There is not much I can do to dampen their spirits for long. Punishment only lasts a few days and they are back to their mischievious selves. I think they take after their .....mom[:p]

Seriously though, my daughter is oozing hormones (got boys sniffing around all the time[:(!])so her moods are to be expected in this awkward time of her life. And if my boys weren't acting like a couple of rowdy boys I would be worried.

But of course I am worried to death as my daughter went into town with a boy from down the road and another boy just called here for her[:(!][:(!] And the two boys are now talking about making a bow and arrows (I took their bows away after they shot holes in the garage door.

Does it ever end?

I am not a number I am a free man

sig

Volin.gif
    edited November -1
    [:D] thankee....

I can't help you with the teenaged girl thing very much though....

Still loving the signature....

• dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    rcrxs:

Sounds like kids being kids. I just got home from a pool party at my sister's. My kids are dead tired, just fell asleep. I have a 9 yr. old boy and a set of twins, 6 yrs., boy and girl. Looks like the wife and I will have "quality time" tonight [;)], as soon as I get off the computer.[:)]
    edited November -1
    You are a Miami Dolphin fan, yes?
    My son's middle name is "Shula"....

edited November -1
    oops..enjoy your quality time....

• BlckhrnBlckhrn Member Posts: 5,136
    edited November -1
    Kids need to hear how stupid they sound.

"What's for dinner?"

"I didn't do it."

york.bmp"No taxation without representation, Join the NRA"
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Calgon , a good candlelight dinner, and a bottle of your favorite does wonders, tell the old man to read the writing on the wall before you snap{lol}

{of course a babysitter at a remote location}works here anyway
    edited November -1
    Indeed!!!

edited November -1
    I guess you could throw on some goth make-up and some black clothing, paint your nails black and take all the kids toys out in the yard and light them on fire and dance and sing loudly around it and demand a human sacrafice to apease the gods....mabye that'll straiten them up?

Tried that, my kids just dance around the campfire and laugh....

• sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As my eldest daughter turns 21 tomorrow, and my youngest turns 18 on May 28th,,, I long for days like you have had today,,again!!

Time goes quickly,,and they grow up quicker!!!

Don't be at your wits end,,,grab them young-uns and just hug the dickens out of them!!!

,,,sod[:)]

cyclone.gif
    edited November -1
    Keep telling me these things, my oldest is 13 on June 6th, Mike's is 11 Nov. 13th, my baby is 10 on May 8th,...this could get ugly ,folks....

• 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a son 16 will be 17 in a few months, turned out to be a good kid, except he has one big flaw, his mouth is not sewn shut ,my youngest just turned 12 yesterday, and he learns from his older brother on what not to do, but is starting to become a know it all

I don't know if you remember a thread I made last Christmas, but after they opened up a thousand bucks worth of gifts I bought, they both went over and thanked their mother, of course I had nothing to do with it, I am only the guy who fixes all there stuff, and has an open wallet when they need something, and teaches them things, at first it disturbed me, but I have since decided I am just glad I am here to be taken for granted

It is easy to get caught up into the moment of the madness, me and the wife both have a peak point of breaking, mine for the most part goes unnoticed by others, I have learned the signs of hers, and try to head it off, usually a day together without them, or a all night drunk, with a good breakfast seams to really do wonders
    edited November -1
    I'm with you 1911,
    My ex is a dud. He golfs, he's on a dart team, big deal.

Mike has provided for my son a premier kart. Now, my kid isn't that great, but every freaking weekend, Mike is still there, hoping...
    Ex has shown up twice (out of eigth weekends) to watch his own kid...

• paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I couldn't get Mike to help around the house when he was growing up either!!!![:p][:p][:)][:D][:D]

Now he's your problem!!!![;)][;)][;)]Hee Heee lol

pablue1.gif

Life is a journey fear no one, Respect Everyone
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pabooger
    I couldn't get Mike to help around the house when he was growing up either!!!![:p][:p][:)][:D][:D]

Now he's your problem!!!![;)][;)][;)]Hee Heee lol

pablue1.gif

Life is a journey fear no one, Respect Everyone

Thanks, Pa...you could have warned me...