In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Good excuse for one more firearm

96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
edited April 2005 in General Discussion
I may have told you all about the Ciener conversion I got recently. I put it on my Norinco. Wasn't sure about the DW or Sig GSR. Shoots great. So great in fact I ordered a stripped frame so I can give it a permenant place in the collection.

A tropper friend of mine has the internal parts for the slide. Just another excuse out of many I give myself when it comes to putting a new firearm in the safe. I really defeated the purpose of the the conversion on this one.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."

Comments

• kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D] Did the same thing with my Kimber 22 conversion ... I didn't like having to switch uppers all the time either, I used a new Caspian stainless frame I picked up for $125 I think.
    GBLogo-170x60.gif
    Member Since 8/29/1999
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 96harley
    I may have told you all about the Ciener conversion I got recently. I put it on my Norinco. Wasn't sure about the DW or Sig GSR. Shoots great. So great in fact I ordered a stripped frame so I can give it a permenant place in the collection.

A tropper friend of mine has the internal parts for the slide. Just another excuse out of many I give myself when it comes to putting a new firearm in the safe. I really defeated the purpose of the the conversion on this one.

"Ummm,,er,,, could you 'splain whats a a happening here??"
    And If I am the only one that doesn't know,,then.,,.NEVER MIND!!!

,,,sod[;)]

cyclone.gif
  • chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    I'm with you Sod, I dont have a clue either[:0][:0]
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He has a .22 conversion for a 1911, {slide/barrel}when placed on the 1911 he has a .45 slide and barrel left naked, so he is buying a frame just to make a 1911 .22 out of the conversion. And will no longer have to rape his .45 to shoot the .22, and can boost his collection by one more complete gun

Nice idea, I might have to try that one
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awww come on yous guys ... keep up! [:p]

GBLogo-170x60.gif
    Member Since 8/29/1999
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,309 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    HEY! It's hard for me to keep up![:D][;)][:D]

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • needmygunsneedmyguns Member Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    show me a guy who says he has enough guns and i bet he is a liar

JESUS SAVES
  • eastwood44mageastwood44mag Member Posts: 2,655 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You need an excuse to buy another gun? My reasoning is $ = new gun. Doesn't matter much beyond that.

O Lord,
    grant me the Serenity
    to accept the things
    I cannot change
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the supreme firepower to make the difference.
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    1911a1fan thanks for filling in the blanks. You were on target all the way. I hope I like the Essex. Dennis