In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

this is what I have been offered

Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
here are pics of a rifle I have been offered.

Bullet_drop_compensatorlong_range_h.jpg

3081.jpg

3082.jpg

3083.jpg

3084.jpg

Comments

• redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did someone offer you a trade for your AR?
  • Lucky_LeftyLucky_Lefty Member Posts: 7,971
    edited November -1
    yeah this is a differest guy. I posted it on AR15.com and all Im getting are these offers for SPS rifles. I am looking into building a 6.8 or selling the whole thing and getting a 308.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Though that is a 700 action, it LOOKS like a 770 stock.

If so, that gun is HEAVY.

I would lean more to the 400 dollar range, IF that stock were replaced on the rifle with the 770 stock.
    edited November -1
    I was just offered this plus 100 bucks face to face trade. I know its a link to another forum but I wasnt sure how to post the info.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=137&t=692373
  • M1GarandloverM1Garandlover Member Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can never have too many AR's. If you want a bolt gun save your money and buy one. How much were you asking for your AR on the auction side?
    edited November -1
    Bidding started at 550 I think, but I started the upper for 600 with no reserve.
  • nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lucky_Lefty,

Quite honestly, I'm baffled.

You posted this same idea before and virtually everyone told you the same thing. These people who offer these trades of the SPS and a cheap scope are trying to screw you right to your face.

You can't be in that much of a hurry that you would make such a poor decision as this trade. Your rifle is worth at least twice what they are offering. The SPS is cheap rifle and they know it. Apparently everyone wants your AR but they aren't will to anty up market value. You need to work this problem harder and leave these chintzy folks in the dirt wondering where you went.

By the way, the stock is the standard SPS bottom of the line stock NOT a 770 stock.

Best.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nononsense
    By the way, the stock is the standard SPS bottom of the line stock NOT a 770 stock.

I see. Sorry, looked like the 770 stock to me.
    My 700 with sythetic stock has the "checkering" in the plastic stock, but no lines cut.
    The 770 in .270 has a stock that looks like the one pictured.
    edited November -1
    I am not allowed to get another rifle until this one is gone. I was actually thinking of taking it to my friends house and storing it there so she thinks I sold it.
  • HollywoodHollywood Member Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: I was actually thinking of taking it to my friends house and storing it there so she thinks I sold it.

Thats the best idea I've heard since this whole thing started![;)]
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Lucky_Lefty
    I was actually thinking of taking it to my friends house and storing it there so she thinks I sold it.

Why thanks. When are you going to drop it by?[8D]