In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bad check # 2

MFinnMFinn Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
Now this one is for $1000, just kidding [:D] thanks for the entertainment. Good night Yall.

Comments

• SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    I had a bad check for 2500 once for used powerstroke engine . my wife called me a loser I dont know how many times for trusting the guy. he told me to give it some time so he could get the transfer from one account to another.. how long does that take 4 seconds? anyway I gave him a few days and kept calling the bank and as soon as it would clear I went down and cashed it. no bridges burned, a little anxiety to deal with. but thats about it
  • MFinnMFinn Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $8, is what my bank charges for depositing a bad check.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    MFinn please let us know what happens with your bad check problem.
    Interesting case.
  • lee_danlee_dan Member Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Always get CASH ---

They never ask you to "HOLD IT TIL FRIDAY"
    Lee
  • bafishybafishy Member Posts: 590 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have dealt with bad checks for the store before. In TN at least, first you write them a letter asking to pay you and certify the letter. Then after a month you go to the courthouse and pay them 10 dollars, fill out a form, and show them the certified letter. They then write him a letter asking for the money within 10 days. After that they issue warrants. Although we have never gotten paid at this point we have put people in jail before. And sometimes that is almost as good.
  • legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    quote: I had a bad check for 2500 once for used powerstroke engine . my wife called me a loser I dont know how many times for trusting the guy. he told me to give it some time so he could get the transfer from one account to another.. how long does that take 4 seconds? anyway I gave him a few days and kept calling the bank and as soon as it would clear I went down and cashed it. no bridges burned, a little anxiety to deal with. but thats about it

I just got my first payment from a bad check. The check was for $100 + $30 bad check fee = $16.67 payment. Here the judge asks how much you can afford to pay each month and that is what I get until paid in full. In court one guy walks up in a $500 suit and tells the judge he can on pay $35 a month on his $30,000+ bad check debt. B.S.
    edited November -1
    Keeping you posted, no payment yet [xx(]
  • tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to do that with a former employer!
    Call his bank. Got this much money in the account?
    Then race over there to cash the check.
    It was several few weeks before the other guys caught on and started doing this too. Then it really was a race!
    One day, I got there first and got my money. Couple other guys got there after me. Second one was OK, third guy was outta luck!
    Kinda funny now. But not back then.
    Place is still in business. probably still issuing bad checks too.
    edited November -1
    Still no payment, he told me a week ago that he mailed me a MO, from NC to AL takes about 2 days, I have not seen it. You make your own opinions about this guy [;)] Let me say it again I have no use for folks like these, some of you do, but I do not!
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Saw a sign in a gunshop onetime. "Bad check fee, 150.00. Yes, its high, so don't write me one."
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This guy is obviously a liar.
    Time to contact the DA.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Time to contact the DA.
    I got my money form a generous GB member, so I will not do it, I promised.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MFinn
    Time to contact the DA.

I admire your sense of honor, and candor. However..was it a bum GB deal? (Don't remember the prior post). If so, I, for one, would like to know just whom not to deal with. If it was a GB sale, and if you are willing, please let me know the purchasee either here, or through my profile.

If you don't wish to mention the party by username, then at least tell me whether or not you posted detailed negative feedback (I check feedbacks prior to bidding). Thanks, Joe
  • ZebraZebra Member Posts: 5,762
    edited November -1
    They Attorney General in MS passed a law here a few years ago making it a Felony to write a bad check over $25
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    quote:Originally posted by MFinn
    Time to contact the DA.

I admire your sense of honor, and candor. However..was it a bum GB deal? (Don't remember the prior post). If so, I, for one, would like to know just whom not to deal with. If it was a GB sale, and if you are willing, please let me know the purchasee either here, or through my profile.

If you don't wish to mention the party by username, then at least tell me whether or not you posted detailed negative feedback (I check feedbacks prior to bidding). Thanks, Joe
    It was a GB deal, I left a negative to the thief! Because he got the product and did not pay for it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zebra
    They Attorney General in MS passed a law here a few years ago making it a Felony to write a bad check over $25
    That is the way to go! I love it here in the south!!
    edited November -1
    Here is his feed back, note he bought stuff after not paying some other folks
    , and lot of you thought he was a saint [B)]
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by MFinn
    Here is his feed back, note he bought stuff after not paying some other folks
    , and lot of you thought he was a saint [B)]

Again- Take it up with Admin. on the auction side*