In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Question for mechanics

2»

Comments

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About a year ago my 90 Z71 was doing the same. Thats when the rearend let go. I mean self destructed! Had it replaced and it does not shake any more. Get it checked out its expensive to replace.

sniper.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member

Soquel.gif
  • rovrmanrovrman Member Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gotta go with FranF. Rear end or drive shaft..

french people don't speak german, Thank my dad for that!!
  • Fep1990Fep1990 Member Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the exact same problem with our Taurus last year. When up over 50mph to about 65mph, the car would shudder to all get out. The right rear tire had a broken cord on the inside of the wheel. When they took the tire off....it was plain as day as to the problem. I would waht select-fire suggests. Pull off each tire and check every inch of it. My tire looked like someone had taken an invisable ruler adn was pushing down on the tire.

vipersig.jpg
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    yeah, could be the pinion gear, or the spiders in the rear, my bad.....

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King