In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

* alarm

crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
(told in the war story narrative)

So there we were 0200 dead asleep, when the alarm went out, ducks quacking madly outside. Woken I promptly armed myself with the trust 10/22 and went out to check the perimeter. Then I saw it, 40-50 of them, pounds that is, of raccoon. Two beady eyes looked at with that attitude of disdain for interrupting its supper as it tried to scamper up the tree. I raised my rifle and fired as it moved, two shots and I wounded the meanie, I decided to out flank the meanie so I could bring a better field O fire on the critter which meant breaking contact temporarily loosing sight I was unsure of where the enemy was.

Knowing it didn't go far I looked at the top of the tree and noticed a fuzzy little grey patch, I aimed carefully and fired one more pissing it off even more, sadly for the critter it turned around and glared at me, with its two eyes glowing in my crosshairs I lined up on the right one and fire one last volley..... The raccoon is now sleeping....

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by crash2usaf
    The raccoon is now sleeping....

He could be dead if you would have shot him. Don
  • crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    Booger hadn't moved much either....

Someday I would like to be a professional writer, my momma says I'm good with werds n stuff
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really like the raccoons. They are intelligent, they have hands like humans.
    They are cute!
    But, they are omnivores, and they love to eat birds, including ducks.

If I had some pet birds, I would be shooting '* too.
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't mind trying my hand at raising one, but wild ones are destructive as hell, and my ducks are too much fun to have around... The goose too for that matter, (it chases the dog off which is funny as hell to watch)
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    [:D] at least you got the * and not the ducks.
    an old feller i know had a native cat in his chook house at 3.00am and took his torch and rifle out to do battle...he forgot his glasses,fired a shot, scared the native cat away and thought no more of it until morning...his wife walked in and said you stupid blind old meanie! you missed the native cat and shot my best layer![:D]
    he still hasn`t lived that one down...and won`t![;)]
    edited November -1
    Oh no I hit what I wanted to... Our ducks let us know when something is up
  • Fly DoctorFly Doctor Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    Well, this thread ain't what I thought it'd be.
    [:D]
    edited November -1
    Look Doc I dont discriminate like that, I dislike everyone equally...
  • Fly DoctorFly Doctor Member Posts: 5,053
    edited November -1
    You and me both! [;)]

That's why I used to like Don Rickles as a kid.
    He always claimed to be an equal opportunity bigot in his comedy.

Alas, in today's climate he'd be waterboarded.
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why did I think this was a post about Obama?