In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

prophecy?

oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭
edited July 2009 in General Discussion
Some may, like many in this country, not be aware that loss of the ENTIRE constitution and bill of rights can be SUSPENDED WITH THE STROKE OF THE PRESIDENTIAL PEN. (that law was passed and on the boks for quite a few years under the emrgency powers act)
No matter how you feel, take five minutes of your day.
Grab a drink and read the writing on this blog by a Marine combat pilot on a very real possibility for this country in just a short time...

http://reynoldswrapcap.blogspot.com/2008/06/state-of-siegeday-one.html

Comments

• HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    To make an omelet, eggs must be cracked.
  • MaxOHMSMaxOHMS Member Posts: 14,715
    edited November -1
    Thanks

Printed it out.

WAY too much to read off of a screen.

Shopping List:

paper
    ink
    ammo
  • evileye fleagalevileye fleagal Member Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    all too real lets hope it dont come too this . but im ready
  • indy_kidindy_kid Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is the kind of BS that makes people like McVeigh do what they do.

You really think every soldier and every cop would simply fall in line and do what they're told? Or that every citizen would sit idly by and let anything like this happen?

If so, you have a very poor opinion of your neighbors.
  • RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by indy_kid

You really think every soldier and every cop would simply fall in line and do what they're told? Or that every citizen would sit idly by and let anything like this happen?

Are you enjoying lunch with Horney Toad again?? You really need to put your head on straight and get with the program. This country is in serious peril and idiots like you are promoting its demise.

Please go find a sandbox to play in or better yet, shove your head into a toilet bowl and attempt breathing. Our nation will be forever grateful for your attempts!!!

[:D]
  • River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    Okay, the majority would sit and watch.

But the 3 percent would not. That's all it takes.
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Yes, I do believe that the vast majority would.

I don't believe that every one would, but I do not think that we are that culturally dissimilar from the Germans in 1936.

And I think that posturing and chest thumping does very little for the future.

Except identify targets.

Hitler disarmed the people first. Then suspended their constitution.
  • quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RogueStatesman
    quote:Originally posted by indy_kid

Are you enjoying lunch with Horney Toad again?? You really need to put your head on straight and get with the program. This country is in serious peril and idiots like you are promoting its demise.

Please go find a sandbox to play in or better yet, shove your head into a toilet bowl and attempt breathing. Our nation will be forever grateful for your attempts!!!

[:D]

I just send him to play under the kiddy table with horny toad and hairy.. He is one of the old models.

No need to bring up his high school memories.
  • Scratch5foxtrotScratch5foxtrot Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd like to introduce myself to the crew here in this thread and later to the forum. I'm Mike Florey, the author of "State of Siege".
    Let clear up a couple of things:
    First, yes, I'm a Marine combat veteran and a pilot, however, I learned to fly after I left active duty. Maybe I should have made that clear in my profile on blogspot. I was an 0311! No harm, no foul.
    Secondly. for indy_kid's benefit. No, I don't have a low opinion of my neighbors. Sorry you got that impression. In fact, I belong to an outfit called Oathkeepers. Come take a look at us: http://www.oath-keepers.blogspot.com/
    The story isn't finished yet. [;)]
    I hope to publish the entire story on LULU press very soon.
    Glad to be here!
    Mike
  • PSFD DONKEYPSFD DONKEY Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Scratch5foxtrot
    I'd like to introduce myself to the crew here in this thread and later to the forum. I'm Mike Florey, the author of "State of Siege".
    First, yes, I'm a Marine combat veteran and a pilot, however, I learned to fly after I left active duty. Maybe I should have made that clear in my profile on blogspot. I was an 0311! No harm, no foul.
    Secondly. for indy_kid's benefit. No, I don't have a low opinion of my neighbors. Sorry you got that impression. In fact, I belong to an outfit called Oathkeepers. Come take a look at us: http://www.oath-keepers.blogspot.com/
    Glad to be here!
    Mike

Welcome, stick around, we could use some more GOOD input.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $2000 for a bribe? Good story.

My Cuban friend retired last week, he believes Jesus is returning soon in a giant space ship named "The Glory of God". I'm hoping that its still a thousand years away.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to be here!
    Mike
    Welcome aboard Mike. Hope you stick around. [:)]

You have talent. There could be a future for you in writing.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Glad to be here!
    Mike
    Welcome Mike.

As an active career peace officer, I'll be keeping my oath also.[;)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JamesRK
    Glad to be here!
    Mike
    Welcome aboard Mike. Hope you stick around. [:)]

You have talent. There could be a future for you in writing.

Thanks, James and PSFD Donkey.
    I'll be checking in from time to time, but this weekend I'll be shooting footage for a documentary. This looks like my kind of place.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    Glad to be here!
    Mike
    Welcome Mike.

Thanks for your service, lt496. That wouldn't be Detective Lieutenant, would it?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by lt496
    Glad to be here!
    Mike
    Welcome Mike.

Thanks for your service, lt496. That wouldn't be Detective Lieutenant, would it?
    Actually, i've been a Captain since 2002. I was the Bureau Commander of Criminal Investigations, up until January 2009.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome Mike, Just remember that sometimes there's no intelligent life here.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite1015
    Welcome Mike, Just remember that sometimes there's no intelligent life here.
    Thanks armilite1015,
    That happens on this side of the monitor, too.[:D]
    edited November -1
    Mike

My son and I will watch and wait for the "rest of the story".

We both like it so far.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shootertutor
    Mike

My son and I will watch and wait for the "rest of the story".

We both like it so far.

Thanks Shooter!
    I'm getting to know my readers and they're my kind of people. Even if they don't like the story, it gives them something to chew on and I get to exercise my right to spin a yarn (while I still can).
    The scary 'hate speech' legislation coming up is one more way to riddle the 1st Amendment and could turn writings like mine into a criminal activity. Indy_kid actually brought up a salient point: under the new legislation, my writing could be construed as encouraging 'terrorism' under that new definition.
    I'm not in ANY way encouraging violence. Just the opposite. I hope the story conveys how armed conflict makes a train wreck of people and ruins the land. How it destroys the best and brightest. How it pulls us down to our lowest common denominator. In the meantime, we can pray for peace and prepare for survival.
    Mike
    edited November -1
    Mike

When Indy_Kid speaks.....................[;)]

Well, let me just say this:

Indykid has his head buried deeply in the sand.[:(]

I believe there is hope for him though, because he keeps coming back.[^]

The truth abounds here on the GB Forum.

There are some hard truths that we do not like to have to look at, but desperately need to look at.

I believe that it is imperative that we cause ourselves to think long and hard about when to and when not to "pull the trigger".

Your book is a going to be a good tool to help accomplish that.